It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wanted to say Hello new ATS Family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Although Im new i managed to get a quite a bit of posts out. Learned the hard way with how things work around here and etiquette. Example: making a fail thread

I cant believe I lurked for so long! ♥

Can you guys please give me suggestions about being on ATS, like not making threads with out providing both sides of the story, or how to spot hype like when niburu was everywhere.

Things like that. Thanks!

edit on 18-4-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hi there, welcome to ATS

If i were you, i'd start off by reading the Terms and Conditions. Stick to them as best you can and you can't go far wrong. A moderator will be along shortly to give you a welcome and give you a few pointers about things.

As far as how things work around here and what to watch out for, don't sweat it too much. As long as you keep it polite, on topic and non-abusive, you'll soon see how it works here. You won't be short of people to guide you.

There will be ups and downs on here, just don't take things too personally during the downs. Remember there is the off topic discussion segment of the site for when things get too serious up here in ATS.

As for topics like Niribu, you'll find there are certain topics that are speculated about and quickly bashed or not given any time at all. General rule of thumb to making a good post is, do some research from good sources (that is a debate all in itself though lol)....provide some proof if you are making claims, for example, pics or links for UFO sitings or news reports.

Reptillians, aliens, paranormal, we have it all here......not everyone believes in it, but some swear by it. Everyone to their own i guess.

If you have any problems, alert a moderator. They are pretty cool and will help with whatever you need.

Most importantly, have fun.
You'll make friends here i promise.

See you around and again, welcome.

CX.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Welcome aboard. I just had my 1 year anniversary on ATS and here's a few things I've learned:

1) Not everybody is like-minded. Be prepared to argue and/or walk away from arguments when they become petty and pointless

2) Making legendary threads comes with time. Just improve upon yourself with each post. Attacking an issue from all angles with multiple sources for cross-referencing is one of the things I hold in high esteem when it comes to threads. When making a thread, you're mostly a journalist, but also a little bit of a storyteller

3) Don't lose your integrity with the star system. Keep your posts relevant, intelligent, and benevolent. Honesty goes a long way too.

4) and this is the most important...Have fun and don't take it all too seriously. It's just a website.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yay...it's about time.Jump in the pool......I'm drying off around now.....Hello

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks a lot, yes some of the things you mentioned im slowly seeing myself, about the star system and flagging. I notice legendary threads "may" have been reduced to typing [Breaking News] in the title. lol...

Glad to be hear and Glad to meet you!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Hello, my personal opinion is that the post you just made be pinned to the top of the introductions forum. I'm definitely going to refer to it from time to time. Trying to keep a beginners mind as well, thanks.

A sort of goal I have here is to make a great thread about zazen, seated meditation.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
So nice to meet you! Welcome!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAConsumer

Greetings! Glad you joined us!

Here's your welcome cake!
Enjoy your stay!
-nat

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAConsumer

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

Advice? Keep your cool and don't participate in heated discussions. Provide sources when thread making, and most of all, have fun!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Beautiful avatar :-)

new topics

top topics

join