It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday Threat: Is It Real? (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A recent article on Snopes.com, an urban legend debunking site, has delved into the validity of a recent warning concerning terror attacks in shopping malls on 11/26, on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. It is possible that this threat is simply more bluster aimed at damaging the U.S. economy on the biggest shopping day of the year, but there may also be something to the threat.

www.snopes.com
Some information has come to me. It has not been released to the general public, but it's something we all need to be aware of. A couple of weeks ago someone was seen taking photos of my ambulance company in Bay Shore. This same person was seen outside Exchange Ambulance in Islip doing the same. The police were notified and the person was apprehended outside Southside hospital, again taking photos. He is a man of Middle Eastern descent and is being held for investigation. It seems that he was gathering information about our response capabilities in a mass casualty attack.

The NY Field Office of the FBI held a meeting at Bay Shore Fire Department for officials from the local PD, EMS and FD's. They have information from this man and from their own intelligence that a mass attack is planned for Long Island. On Black Friday (November 26) 4 Long Island Malls are supposed to be hit simultaneously with chemical weapons.

This is not an internet scam. The officers at my department were at this meeting and I saw the minutes myself. I figure it's pretty serious if the FBI made an appearance to share what they know. I'm not sure why this isn't being released to the public. I can only assume that if this got out, no one would shop and it would be devastating to our economy. I do not want to spread panic, only information.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As we have just completed another General Election in the United States and were not treated with either attacks leading up to the event, or even the 'October Surprise' of a bin Laden capture or finding of WMD's in Iraq, Americans seem to have been temporarily lulled into their own sense of safety. Voting patterns indicate that the events of the previous Presidential term have not deeply affected American's opinions about our current leader. Will such a strike serve to wake up the American people, or will this threat just slip away like so many previous ones, causing Americans to further revel in their percieved sense of safety?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think it is important to share the fact that snopes has said that this is undetermined Please go to the website and read the entire article.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Same threat was made last year at this time and the year before that..

I don't worry about it.. I'll still be out shopping spending all the money that I have thanks to the great job that I have in this wonderful place that we call America....

join