It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with redirects to 404

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Haven't been on since this morning. Using Android LG, and have New Topics and Firehose bookmarked.

When I loaded New Topics, I got the first two thread titles on the top as usual, but the whole rest of the page was the 404.message.

Went to Firehose, it loaded fine the first time, but after two threads, I started getting redirects on almost every thread to 404. I could go back and reclick, and sometimes see the thread, then the whole Firehose screen was 404.

Cleared cache, still did it. Took a couple tries to load this forum to post.

Here is an example of one of the redirect links.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ideas?

ETA.. rebooted my phone twice, still having same problem. Posting took about 10 attempts, editing even gave 404.
Even myats, most messages, but clicking refresh sometimes brings it up.
Get a lot ot time out posting and editing.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
Haven't been on since this morning. Using Android LG, and have New Topics and Firehose bookmarked.

When I loaded New Topics, I got the first two thread titles on the top as usual, but the whole rest of the page was the 404.message.

Went to Firehose, it loaded fine the first time, but after two threads, I started getting redirects on almost every thread to 404. I could go back and reclick, and sometimes see the thread, then the whole Firehose screen was 404.

Cleared cache, still did it. Took a couple tries to load this forum to post.

Here is an example of one of the redirect links.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ideas?

ETA.. rebooted my phone twice, still having same problem. Posting took about 10 attempts, editing even gave 404.
Even myats, most messages, but clicking refresh sometimes brings it up.
Get a lot ot time out posting and editing.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

The random letters between the .com/ & /forum is causing it. If you manually edit the link after the 404 error and remove those letters +/ it should work.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Im having somewhat similar problems. Within the past hour, when I try to make a new post on a thread, I recieve a "time out" white screen message atleast a few times before it finally goes through. That's the only problem Ive noticed tonight.

(Yep, Ive got the white screen a few times already while trying to post this reply...good thing we're able to copy our post before we reply)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Doesn't do any good to edit it, the bar flashes sometimes 6 or 7 times, each redirect is a different random set of letters, befire finally hitting the 404 page.

Only option, so far, is to refresh.

But, it was working just fine until tonight, so what happened? Never seen the entire Firehose page as a 404.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Doesn't do any good to edit it, the bar flashes sometimes 6 or 7 times, each redirect is a different random set of letters, befire finally hitting the 404 page.

Only option, so far, is to refresh.

But, it was working just fine until tonight, so what happened? Never seen the entire Firehose page as a 404.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It's not your phone. It's the site. My posts have been timing out for an hour or more. It will pass soon enough I am sure.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Please visit the R.A.T.S forum for clarification. You'll see a thread by SkepticOverlord and the answer on page 16 of that thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

PLEASE HELP ME!!

I am not very good at finding my way around the site being somewhat computer illiterate!

am experiencing the same problem with my U2U's. As I can't communicate, i'm beginning

to feel imprisoned

HELLLLLP

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

404d usually means thread is closed or your not entitled toread some of the content???????

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
404 can mean several things - like a thread has been moved or removed.... or that there is an interface ( read browser or plug-in ) issue. Other errors, such as 504 or 503 are indicative of not being able to connect to ATS - and would properly be referred to as "time out" errors. Those have been happening off and on due to some well documented issues of late.

To be able to correctly take a shot at diagnosing the problem, it will require the exact error code ( 404 tends to be used as a generic term rather often ) and also if any patterns emerge about which pages cannot be accessed.

The immediate, first state advice, would be to clear history, cookies, and log ins. make sure the browser is up to date, then reboot the browser and begin anew with a fresh log-in and all plug-ins and add-ons disabled.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Just hitting reply to this thread, I got the ATS men in black 404 page not found!

I had to go back and retry a third time to get a proper post response.

Now, when I go to post, I will get the time out error security violation notice several.times befire being able to post. Sometimes, trying to post even gives the 404 error.

SO did address it in the rats thread on page 16, so I know it isn't my browser. But, as of 6:25 eastern time, it is still happening.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply

I tried to U2U you this reply and all I got was Your request timed out. Please retry

the request

Went to the link you provided and guess that I'll just have to wait it out?

new topics

top topics

join