It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do emotions come from?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think we are on the same freq. I was saying that if you don't see the wreck first you can't have any response. Or hear it, or feel it. It was just one example. We are programmed by life experience to react a certain way upon detecting something with our senses.

Some people go to races to see wrecks. They pay money and enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by jiggerj

You call it your brain, I would say your brain is a gift from God. But who cares anymore. Can we just acknowledge that it is best to love one another? And if we can acknowledge it why don’t we just do it. Really this is not complicated. If you choose love you will find it. If you want it to be natural or supernatural who cares. No matter what you believe if you pursue love you will find love.

Sure! But, as humans we cannot maintain love. Boredom kills love. Shame kills love. Guilt, frustration, greed, jealousy, lust... they're all love killers. If you have two sons near the same age, and one keeps winning against the other (in races, wrestling, in smarts...) the loser will most likely grow up angry, while the other might grow up competitive, aggressive... Point being, we cannot maintain love - it's just not possible.

So, even if it were possible for this generation to allow the world to be painted in glorious shades of love, it would not carry over to the next generation - it would have to be learned all over again, and again, and again.
edit on 4/18/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

You are almost right. But you see we have been taught to be this way. We simply do not have to be this way.

Why do we stop getting along after preschool?

Ever been to a preschool, every child is loving each other. Why did they stop? We brainwashed them by telling them that it is impossible to continue to live that way. You have been brainwashed to believe that you cannot love. Brainwashed by all the sins of the world that tell you it’s impossible to resist them.

Lets go back to a few things you were taught.

Sometimes you have to fight for what you believe in.
Sometimes there is no way to avoid an argument.

Did the preschoolers know this? I bet if you asked a preschooler can a fight ever be good they would all say no.

So what should we teach our children? We should teach them the truth and keep it simple.

Sometimes people don’t agree, when this happens sometimes our hearts choose love and we talk about our disagreement in peace. But sometimes our heart will choose anger. If your heart chooses anger you know that it is probably best to give your friend a hug and say I feel myself getting angry we should talk about this another day.

If we taught children that this was the only acceptable way to resolve conflict they would believe us. They have gone to war because they will believe anything we teach them. Would they not rather choose love if we would teach them love. We are teaching them separation/anger/fight/war when we need to teach love.

We must teach them to resolve conflicts without a fight. Nothing is worth fighting for except love. But love never throws a punch, love only loves. The only way to fight FOR LOVE, is to fight WITH LOVE.

We have been teaching our children to kill each other for things that we believe in for years. Don't you think if they are willing to kill each other for us that they would also be willing to love each other for us?

The bible says woe to the man whom sin enters the world. I have brought enough sin into this world I choose to only teach my children to love. We do not care what others think because we know we do what he said. We love one another and pass judgment on no one.

My children and I, we do not think it impossible to love every moment of our lives. We are far from perfect but we are always trying, and the better we get the more joy we feel each day.

Jigger what do you have to loose? I am telling you the bible makes a promise and you don’t have to believe anyone or anything for it to come true. You don’t even have to believe in love.

The promise is this; if you will do loving acts you will feel love. That is all I am asking, is for you to choose love as often as you can, and seek forgiveness from the ones you wrong when you cannot. When you seek forgiveness and receive it love returns to the two people. So even when you do make a mistake turn back to love and love will be there.

What sounds impossible because of the lessons you have learned is quite possible if you would just give love a chance.

edit on 18-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think emotions and affections get turned on from whatsoever presents itself as a good, and they get turned off from whatsoever present itself as an evil.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

The devil has its hand in many things, in science also.

Emtions come from there where there is no ego.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join