It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins: New York government confiscates 'private' records of psychiatrists in chilling O

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If a shrink thinks you are a danger to yourself or others, you HAVE to be locked up. The standard to hospitalize you is much less than the beyond the reasonable doubt standard. Shrinks can sometimes be sued if a patient of theirs goes off the deep end, so they tend to err on the side of hospitalization.

So what are they looking for when they go through the records? Are they second guessing the health care provider? What criteria are they using? Have these standards been tested and true prediction of behavior?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Anti depressants are proscribed for many disorders beside depression.
Sleep disorders. pain and neuropathy disorders.

Just because some one is taking anti depressants does not mean they have a psychiatric disorder.

And depression is not a true psychiatric disorder. Its a neurochemical disorder.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Wow. How startling. As an intern in the mental health field (not psychology or counseling, I have a technical degree,) I can say that it is legal for a practitioner's clinical notes to be subpoenaed. However, a practitioner's personal notes (the majority of notes taken throughout the therapeutic process) are considered privileged information and cannot be subpoenaed or confiscated by law. How can anyone expect to benefit from a relationship with a counselor, psychiatrist, or mental health professional if there is no confidentiality? It is at the center of everything therapists do. This is downright unconscionable. When I heard that Obama planned to expand mental health services as part of this new gun control initiative, I was initially relieved. Public mental health desperately needs funding and resources. If this is the federal or state government's idea of monitoring mental health practices, they can expect an increase in violence because nobody can seek help privately.

<< 1   >>

join