And so it begins: New York government confiscates 'private' records of psychiatrists in chilling O

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
And so it begins: New York government confiscates 'private' records of psychiatrists in chilling Orwellian mental health sweep

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Blatently illegal violation of individual rights! How can they think they can get away with it! S.N.A.F.U.!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sounds like this is corrected with Obama's speech about mapping the brain and controlling mental disorders.

If Bloomberg isnt a Gotham zionist and the city version of Obama, then I dont know who is.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
They are requesting all phone records in Boston trying to find the number that set off the bombs. Nothing you do is safe anymore to include medical records. I doubt it will get better in the future.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Beware the American Gestapo and Stazi.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It didn't just begin...

It began in earnest with the passing of the Patriot Act, post 9/11.

It seems patient confidentiality is a thing of the past.

With the advent of Universal Health Care as the impetus all of our personal information
will soon be at risk.

You see, with "universal" health care we all are responsible to each other and the state.
Those that are at risk of health problems from obesity, or that use tobacco, or that enjoy their
freedom to do anything detrimental to their health (and thereby "tax" the health system) will be
ostracized, cajoled, and/or eventually compelled to correct their poor health habits, lose weight,
and stop their risky health behavior...

And it will all come wrapped in a pretty package with compelling lingo...like,

"Click it, or ticket" But instead it will be...

"No smoking, no joking"

and/or

"Eat healthy, be wealthy".....etc

In the end, what you choose to consume will be regulated for you. It is the natural end result.
If you are deemed mentally unfit YOU WILL consume your prescribed medication. If you are obese
YOU WILL NOT be allowed certain foods...etc.

Our children's children will be doomed to a nanny/big brother state. The freedom to choose,
to live out your life as you wish, will be a thing of the past. The only freedom our children will enjoy
is the freedom to pick which color merchandise they prefer...

...A boot forever stomping on a face...Sorry to be the harbinger of doom, but it is an incremental
process and there is no peaceful means of stopping it

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Someone posted a thread about the gun control issue not really being about gun control but instead it's being used as a way to violate other rights.

I don't think the government really cares about taking guns away. The probably have advanced tech that could withstand bullets.

I do think they want to use this whole issue to create background reports.

What worries me is most gun rights people don't see a problem with the goal of taking away guns from "crazies". People don't understand how easy it is to label someone crazy.

There was a recent thread where someone posted a study about how fundamental religions create mental illness. The OP very seriously agrued that teaching concepts like original sin creates major trauma for children and pleny of other posters agreed with her.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So just how much of this nonsense is it going to take before people rise up and use their 2nd amendment rights? If you read the Federalist Papers this is the precise reason they gave us this right, for the protection of a FREE State.

These guys are just hell-bent on tyranny.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
It didn't just begin...

It began in earnest with the passing of the Patriot Act, post 9/11.

It seems patient confidentiality is a thing of the past.

With the advent of Universal Health Care as the impetus all of our personal information
will soon be at risk.

You see, with "universal" health care we all are responsible to each other and the state.
Those that are at risk of health problems from obesity, or that use tobacco, or that enjoy their
freedom to do anything detrimental to their health (and thereby "tax" the health system) will be
ostracized, cajoled, and/or eventually compelled to correct their poor health habits, lose weight,
and stop their risky health behavior...

And it will all come wrapped in a pretty package with compelling lingo...like,

"Click it, or ticket" But instead it will be...

"No smoking, no joking"

and/or

"Eat healthy, be wealthy".....etc

In the end, what you choose to consume will be regulated for you. It is the natural end result.
If you are deemed mentally unfit YOU WILL consume your prescribed medication. If you are obese
YOU WILL NOT be allowed certain foods...etc.

Our children's children will be doomed to a nanny/big brother state. The freedom to choose,
to live out your life as you wish, will be a thing of the past. The only freedom our children will enjoy
is the freedom to pick which color merchandise they prefer...

...A boot forever stomping on a face...Sorry to be the harbinger of doom, but it is an incremental
process and there is no peaceful means of stopping it

Great post and right to the point!

And on this, you are 100% correct.

there is no peaceful means of stopping it
The time when peaceful could have worked has long passed. No one took protestors serious enough from the 60's on up to OCCUPY. They seen it coming and tried but did not have the support as people either didn't want to believe or they just got brainwashed by the MSM into thinking the protesters were the Lunatic Fringe.

Now...It's too late.

Peace

edit on 18-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think they are just trying to get an uprising started . I can not understand why they are blatantly provoking people . it is either to cause an uprising , or to keep us all distracted , either way something is gonna give.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is why they added the HITECH law into the Stimulus and are funding the upgrading of medical health record systems of doctors so they can have instant access to electronic medical records.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well, well.
The State is going to go through all the records and find what? That evryone seeing a shrink needs to. And to add to that they will discover people who have thoughts that go against the norm and Wa La your on a list of dangerous persons and the no fly list.
I carry my passport with me where ever I go. I have this sinking feeling that I'll have to prove who I am to some Nazi dressed brown shirt. Why don't they stop beating around the bush and ask everyone to just lay down and give up.
Take a look at al the killings thus far. Everyone has something to do with mental issue supposedly and yet they refuse to have background checks so they are going to eventually have info on all mentally ill or unstable minds and on the list they go.
Here's a situation they are going to say they need to stop. And that is , this guy was judged as Bi-Polar with an agressive personallity and was judged so by a Federal Judge and he went out and passed a background check and now has a gun.
The story of the guy is true, I met Him and He shouldn't own a gun, no matter what the second says.
I feel that Shrinks should alert someone if one of their patients is contemplating the notion of killing someone. Forget about patient confidentiality. Same with a Priest. If someone is a danger to society they should be removed from society. But not by watching a whole nation with a huge Information Central Operating faciltiy that they just turned the key on.
From now on all communications wheter by Internet, TV and Radio are now monitored.
Welcome o 1984, and you don't realize it is NOW.
Government used to be affraid of its citizens if they went astray.
Now we have to be affraid of Government because it has gone astray.
Patriot Act 3 is gonna really be a kicker.
For somehow it is going to be played on the Boston suspects being Islamic, I bet ya.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Isn't this all kinds of illegal?

I know it's the government and they do what they want but still this could end up being a very bad thing for them to do, I see lawyers getting pretty nice checks over this. What I really see happening though is them getting all this info and then sitting on it, waiting, following, lurking around hoping to catch someone who they think "might" do something.

If they get to look at everyone elses's records for the fun of it why can't we all have a gander at theirs? I bet there some serious skeletons hiding in their closets.

No matter what New York is the suckiest place to live. They'd tell you what color to wear what day of the week and make you pop a pill that makes everything "all better" if they could.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok so what are they going to do with these medical records? Arrest people they deem dangerous? They better start building prisons just for the mentally ill then. I have paranoid schizophrenia and I'm not going down without a fight.

It's estamated that 1% of the population has schizophrenia. I know most people with schizophrenia have made threats in one way or another because of hallucinations and delusions.

I have a group home down the street from me that houses 5 schizophrenics. One of them believes he was there with Tim McVeigh when he blew up the building. I feel sorry for him the government will probably give him a full frontal lobotomy before this is over with. He's also been know to eat cat litter from time to time. He also talks to the tree in his front yard for hours on end.

I haven't had any delusions or hallucinations in 10 years. Knowing what I know about this hysteria with the mentally ill I can only imagine what would come out of my mouth if I ever had a relapse. I've been know to say things that would freak people out just because the voices told me to.
edit on 19-4-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The sad part is that this scenario will make people in need of medical care LESS likely to seek treatment for fear of being blacklisted. Having a mental illness and the stigma that still surrounds it is hard enough on the average person. Now people will fear being treated as second class citizens by the state. This is a valid fear. I don't see how our government can be so shortsighted not to see this!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Um. . . okay.

You're innocent until proven guilty.

Except when you have a mental issue.

Then, based on Obama-Pre-Crime you can be guilty until prove innocent based on private, personal medical records.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There's been a lot of hand-wringing trying to figure out how to get more mentally ill people to seek treatment (in other words, before they shoot up a school or something) but they couldn't have done anything greater to discourage people who would be helped by mental health treatment.
If this is allowed to stand, the only people in New York with mental health issues who will get treatment are those who are placed on a 72 hour hold and then committed against their will. Other professionals (not including psychiatrists, especially those who work out of hospitals) who provide mental health services (psychologists, social workers, etc) on a voluntary basis will see their work load dry up over time as people become fearful of even seeking previously benign services like marriage counseling or couples therapy. Apparently right now it's only limited to psychiatrists, but if it stands you can expect it to spread to all forms of mental health counseling.

I would also hope that the doctors will fight this - it will only make their jobs harder as people (whether voluntary patients or not) will simply not talk about anything that might trigger a "red flag" from the government. Suicides will likely increase because people will be afraid to reach out for help. Most doctors (regardless of specialty) don't want to treat someone (especially treatments like prescribing meds or surgical interventions) if they don't have all the facts about their patent's condition before hand.

For instance, a woman may not tell a doctor that she smokes for fear of being ratted out, and then he prescribes birth control pills to her and she comes down with a life-threatening blood clot. There are so many ways that these sorts of "big brother" things will diminish the quality of care that the medical profession provides.

Gee, I wonder how long it will be before doctors have to read some sort of Miranda right? You have the right to remain silent. Anything that you say can and will be used against you....

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I really don't have anything constructive to say...but your GIF is AWESOME!!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I wonder how the story will come out about the peoples homes they invaded while looking for suspects int he Boston searches? Were they looking for weapons? Did they ask individuals if they had any weapons in the home before entering? Just curious. This is just CRAZY in and of itself! What in the world can we do to change it at this time? Is the snowball rolling to hell to big to stop?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The NY SAFE Act requires mental health providers to inform the state, when a permit-holder or someone trying to get a pistol permit is receiving mental health treatment or taking medication...

So, they guy whose permit they tried to revoke and confiscate his guns then turned out to be the wrong person.

AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) - State Police forced an Amherst man to turn in his guns after suspending his pistol permit over anti-anxiety medication. But now they say it was all a misunderstanding. Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs said, "Today, we all look like fools."

Police wrongly pulled man's gun permit

The way anti depressant are prescribed it wont be long before very few will be 'eligible' for a gun permit.

NY Psychiatrists Served With Subpoenas For Patient Records In NY Gun Confiscation

Antidepressant use is skyrocketing. A new CDC report shows that over a 10-year period the use of the pills has risen a staggering 400 percent. The report - based on surveys and screenings of 12,000 Americans from 2005 to 2008 shows that 11 percent of Americans aged 12 and over are taking an antidepressant.

And this info is a little stale and not a very big sample IMO either.
Antidepressant use soars

NY Safe Act - wikipedia

and a little reprise or introspect

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

I agree, When i read today in the news that Obama will seek executive order because he do not need congress approval to go after medical records of American citizens for the purpose of do background checks on gun buyers I knew that this gun control is more than just that, this about profiling Americans for the sole reason of thinning out those that will pose a danger to the status quo

Now let me remind people that this will be contracted to private entities that are the ones that will be digging into American privacy, this no just the government finding about you but any private group that will be allowed to do the data gathering of your life and gun control is just the excuse.

They can turn around and use anything they find link to your personal health in order to manipulate your existence.

Unconstitutional yes, very much.

So if you want to own a gun be very afraid of anytime in your life that you went to the doctor because you mental stability was in danger, meaning if you have taken any antidepressants you are a danger to yourself and your family.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join