It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple casualties in Texas fertilizer plant explosion - reports

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

I understand what you are saying, but the components to make fertilizer aren't that uncommon, nor is it difficult to replace lost product, or a facility.

Anhydrous Nitrate( Ammonium Nitrate), Sulfur, Potassium, Phosphorous. Tada, that's a pretty much cover all chemical fertilizer mix.

variations include, Ferrous Sulphate for weed control. Iron oxide, to increase brighter greens, this is typically found in grass fertilizer or shrub fertilizer.

However your Basic 4 are used for growing. Nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, and sulfur. These are 4 of the most abundant chemicals used anywhere.

Anhydrous Nitrogen is manufactured for a number of processes, Fertilizer, explosives, industrial reduction, Instant cold packs, Various other industrial processes. The very same product can literally be taken from any of these industries and used in the other. Explosives grade AN is a very specific pellet size, to allow effective detonation, how ever the pellet size isn't as important in the other processes in fact many of these other industries use larger pellets to prevent their misuse as an improvised explosive.

Just saying, this isn't as big a blow to the farming industry as you think..

For the farmers in that area, yes this will be a significant blow, but it's not going to stop them from getting product, they will just have to pay a little more to have it delivered from further away rather than stopping by to pick it up themselves.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Boston bombing/ Ricin Letters/ Texas 'explosion'/ Campus shootout/

Coincidence? I think not.

We are being attacked.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Yes, you are being attacked. Please grab your bug out bag, smash your laptop, sell all your things and retreat to the wilderness for the rest of your life.

Thank you in advance.

-Hijinx.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I'm not there yet.

Going to need a bit more before I even think about getting near that bus.

DISCLAIMER: I do not want to see aanything of the sort happen to anyone else. What has already happened is bad eoungh.

Take a breath and go look at each case yourself in depth. You're glossing over too much.

A federal inspector found three violations at the fertilizer facility that included transporting anhydrous ammonia without a security plan and carrying it in tanks that were improperly labeled, records show.

West Fertilizer Co. had spotty regulatory history, records show

It looks like they've a history of not being very careful.
edit on 19-4-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: More to the point.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Sound Advice Jaded.

The culprit in the Ricin case, was completely unrelated to the Boston Bombings. He was in another state altogether.

People read too much into things, and begin to draw lines where no lines should be drawn. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
______beforeitsnews/conspiracy-theories/2013/04/missile-used-in-texas-this-sure-the-hell-looks-like-it-to-me-2450200.html

I am convinced that a missal was used to hit the factory watch the video you be the judge.
Not only does the strike look like a missal struck, but is SOUNDS like a missal coming in.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Informer1958

It sounds like something broke the sound barrier to me, normal for a huge explosion like that. I didn't see anything resembling a missile either.

This one has two different comparable cell phone videos of a big explosion. Not as big as the one in texas. I think what people are mistaking for a missile is the shockwave.
edit on Fri, 19 Apr 2013 03:10:16 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
If you were to try and buy these ingredients to build a large bomb, you'd be noticed and quickly investigated and probably arrested.

If you were to steal these ingredients, the theft would be noticed and the security level raised, unless.......

As this is a conspiracy site I put forward the following "what if.."

What if this fire was started deliberately in order to hide the theft of huge amounts of bomb making ingredients. When the smoke clears, there wont be a single person who could say that all of the missing stock went up in flames.

If there is any hint that this fire/explosion was "assisted", then I think you could be heading for unstable times over the next few months.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Informer1958

Yes, yes it was a missile strike... It got past all the radar, and missile monitoring sites along the eastern seaboard and got into Texas by complete surprise...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am getting conflicting reports because all the attention is drawn to Boston.

Take it as you will from RSOE EDIS.....

Some 35 people, including 10 first responders, were killed in the Texas fertilizer company explosion Wednesday night, according to West Mayor Tommy Muska. The casualties include five members of the West Volunteer Fire Department who were trying to put out the initial blaze, four EMS workers and an off-duty Dallas firefighter who pitched in to help, Muska has told USA Today. The rest of the fatalities include residents from nearby homes in the devastated four-block area of the small north-central Texas town 20 miles north of Waco. The explosion occurred Wednesday night, damaging or destroying buildings within a half-mile radius. At least 50 homes and buildings were destroyed. Shock waves of an earthquake with a 2-points magnitude were felt as far as Arlington, Texas, approximately 100 miles away.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join