It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Tijuana "heating up" again?: At least 23 executions in the last 2 weeks look at Chicago and Det

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

In the past 2 weeks Tijuana has experienced a rise in drug related murders, almost all the executions have been carried out with handguns and many in broad daylight. The victims range from addicts who couldn´t pay their debts to dealers, to a nephew of Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada. Are this signs of a new war coming to Tijuana? Nobody knows for sure, Tijuana´s police chief, Alberto Capella Ibarra claims that the recent murders don´t mean Tijuana is an unsafe city, average people still feel safe and the nigh life is as good as it was years ago. Even Miguel Angel Guerrero, state´s Sub-Attorney General against Organized Crime said people shouldn´t be worried, in his own words: “They are not killing honorable people”. Anyway, this should be a sign of alarm in a city that hasn´t completely recovered from the bad image created by the last big cartel war.

Alberto Capella Ibarra claims that the recent murders don´t mean Tijuana is an unsafe city, average people still feel safe and the night life is as good as it was years ago. OK Chief if you say so!!

All the border cartels have happy feet dancing from one town to the other looking for the best routes for their drug trade and anyone in their way does not last long.. I am glad the Chief thinks it is safe I need to tell my friends he said it's OK come on back and enjoy.

www.borderlandbeat.com...

The most recent killings marked an unusually violent stretch in Tijuana, which has seen a drop in violent crime. Last year’s homicide total of 364 was the lowest since 2007.

Chicago beat that number with over 500

TIJUANA — The shooting death of a municipal police officer fleeing his assailants was one of eight homicides registered in Tijuana in less than 24 hours, authorities reported Thursday.

www.utsandiego.com...

Mean while in Chicago with their restrictive gun laws.:

Fourteen homicides have been logged so far this month. Forty-one homicides were recorded in April 2012, RedEye determined

On Sunday, a 14-year-old boy was shot to death in the 2300 block of South Leavitt Street on the Lower West Side, police said. That same day, a 26-year-old man was stabbed to death in the 4000 block of South Wabash Avenue in Grand Boulevard, according to officials.

homicides.redeyechicago.com...

Now for some good news

Despite its reputation as a hive of gun-toting murderous maniacs, the United States has enjoyed a tremendous drop in crime over the past twenty years. The murder rate alone is half what it was two decades ago, but all types of crime have plummeted. What could be causing this unexpected long-term trend? Social scientists have proposed some pretty weird theories which could just be right.

io9.com...

"Since 1995 when Conceal Carry passed in this state, violent crime has gone down almost 30 percent," Hilton said.

When those numbers are converted into rates that take into account population growth, the violent crime rate dropped from 649 per 100,000 people in 1995 to 374.4 per 100,000 people in 2010. That's a drop of 24.4 percent in terms of the raw number of crimes or a drop of 42.3 percent drop in the violent crime rate.

"We think that where these gun-free zones are, criminals think they have a better chance of committing their crime."

www.wral.com...

However I could have found articles that say the ease of abortion and better policing are the reasons for the drop in crime rate nation wide not concealed weapons....Yet Chicago and Detroit with their tough gun laws lead the nation in homicides..... Hummm something in the water??

A dwindling population -- 706,585 people in 2011, according to the U.S. Census estimate -- and the rise in homicides combined to make Detroit’s murder rate among the highest in the nation, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing and Police Chief Chester Logan announced at a press conference.

Detroit’s total of 411 homicides in 2012, up from 377 the previous year, includes 386 criminal homicides and 25 “justifiable homicides” that included three shootings by police, according to numbers released by the city. The number of criminal homicides increased 12 percent from 344 in 2011. The total in 2010 was 308.

usnews.nbcnews.com...
The abortion stats of approx 2000 babies a day being aborted probably does effect the crime rates. I can only feel sorry for those who would have been born of a family or mother that did not love or want.....

Regardless of what is causing the crime rates to decline it is not as bad in the USA as some would have you believe. I just think of the gun laws in Chicago and Detroit and the citizens inability to defend themselves is not an example of a town I would want to move to.

edit on 17-4-2013 by 727Sky because: edit

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have no idea why the post came out looking like that and I am to lazy to do a repost...the facts/articles are there for all to consider. Thanks.

join