It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Thread "Boston"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
After 9/11, reading too many threads, now Boston and reading other ridiculous comments, I can't help but write this.

I get it... I think we all get it, and if you haven't 'gottten it', well... I fear you'll end up getting it in the worst way. What happened in Boston is no doubt one of the worst events in American history, not just because of what happened and lives being lost. No, it's much worse than that... How to put this... hmmm, what happened after 9/11? This will not just blow over, anybody should be able to understand this.

Now let me ask, what is the point of posting images on the internet, and identifying who we think might be responsible? Even though absolutely nothing conclusive has been found, and multiple people have now been labeled as potential terrorists by the public. Good job guys, real proud. You want truth in the real world? Well, that's not going to come from untrained professionals investigating something they know absolutely nothing about. Not suggesting that there aren't any well informed individuals out there making reasonable claims, but that's all it is...

I am guilty of this too, so don't get it twisted. I wrote a thread a little bit ago, titled "The US Man Hunt" in which I wrote:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
"I very much believe that the individuals responsible for this are ex-military. There's a lot to say on that front, but regardless of speculation, these guys knew what they were doing. They've seen this before, and strategies have been adopted. "

Now I'm reading:

""If your experience and your expertise is Middle East terrorism, it has the hallmarks of al Qaeda or a Middle East group," former FBI Assistant Director Tom Fuentes said. "If your experience is domestic groups and bombings that have occurred here, it has the hallmarks of a domestic terrorist like Eric Rudolph in the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics bombings."

"Fuentes said he has investigated both types of terrorism -- from Iraq to the United States -- and finds the Boston attack has elements of both. "It has the hallmarks of both domestic and international (attacks), and you can see either side of that." "
www.cnn.com...

I still stick by what I said... it being ex-military, considering the means, and the possible motives one may have after going through the psychological torment that is war and all the things that have taken place over seas. I'd even go as far to say that any investigation should be in this direction. It's not that difficult really to conclude this. Yet, I know that nothing that I've said in that recent thread or anything I could say in the future will impact the outcome and investigation, for that is not what I do. If that's what you do, I thank you for trying to keep the peace and bringing justice. But know your role. If you're so interested in counter-terrorism and investigations regarding terrorism, please feel free to pursue a career in it, even journalism, till then... leave it to the professionals.

Unfortunately these events lend themselves to conversations on the internets that only serve one conclusion, that there are multiple ways to spin stories and make absurd claims or even loosely accurate ones. That's it, it comes down to that... Where's the benefit? Sitting around debating if a backpack looks like that backpack that was placed here in one photo and not another. Truth is, the real methods that are the means of investigation that are at the disposal proper agencies are not available to the public. You are soooo many steps behind the investigation, it makes these conversations look like child's play. You think that these individual efforts trump those who do this for a living? You don't even have access to all of the video or images, there's much more available than what you're seeing on MSM, believe that. Why in the world would you want to continue on in this fashion?

Now, I can answer these questions myself I guess, for the answers are obvious. All I'm saying is, "back down" a little bit and allow for this to unfold. Trust me, there will be enough time for people to toss around conspiracies later. As of right now, we wait for information from sources that can't be trusted, and reporters that don't know when it's best to bite their tongues. Which sounds like a double edged sword, but then again, that's how revelations work.

So after all this being said, I'm making the following pledge:

I will not post speculative theories and information regarding the Boston bombing until the information outweighs the "what ifs". I will not suggest that any party is guilty until, again, the information outweighs the "what ifs".

To keep it simple, you're not helping. Please find more beneficial coping means... This is the last thread in regards to Boston that I will participate on for any foreseeable future, I now digress.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
And what makes YOU think YOU'RE helping by posting that marginally coherent rant?

3rd line.
edit on 17-4-2013 by JustTheMan because: typo, I can spell coherent, you flower.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I personally think general speculation is harmless when it's general and presented as pure speculation. I think the line is crossed with an 18 Wheeler when speculation includes real world names or clear faces who may or may not be involved at all. Everyone recall the Olympic Park bombing and how much trouble it cause for authorities to have tagged the wrong guy. It effectively ended his life in many ways, virtually on the spot. (He sued everyone in sight later ...but who wouldn't after that?)

Just my two cents... (Oh..and of course, the minutes after, are perhaps a bad time to start the wild theories ....as many got pretty bent about. Myself included. Just a little time to at least know what happened is helpful I think.)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

If your focusing on every crevice of the right hand, your missing the evidence of what the left hand is up to, thereby ignoring any real evidence that may afford insight as to who the real culprit is. The left hand is already doing plenty to offer such insight. It doesn't take analyzing every shred of confused misinformation to see what's going on here. I'm not ruling out an organic nature to the incident, however, I know enough of history to realize the actual evidence will yield little to no confirmation of truth, I don't need to wait another day or decade for whatever doctored lie may surface. They will parade a patsy, restore the common faith in "justice" and the system necessary to align with the trajectory of the rest of the speculative nonsense that makes the average beLIEver sleep better for the time being, all the while rousing the same emotional machines they put to work every time, leveraging that faith and emotion to continue the trajectory of the bigger picture that's unraveling.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheMan
And what makes YOU think YOU'RE helping by posting that marginally coherant rant?

3rd line.

To be honest:

I can just imagine how many minds have been molded to fit some anti-US agenda by individuals reading non-stop disinformation and speculation in regards to events of terrorism. I've read plenty that had me walking away with an uneasy feeling, not understanding who to trust, or even what to believe. All I'm saying is the last thing people need in wake of the Boston bombing is for individuals to be running around pointing fingers, when even the government or media hasn't pointed one.

It's pointless, it's fruitless, it's unnecessary. Maybe what I said will help put things into context for some. Maybe prevent some individuals from jumping down a rabbit hole and wasting their time, when they could be out improving their lives, or the lives of others. Some sick individuals make these kinds of things their 'entertainment' and carry themselves in this manner when addressing these topic, which is entirely disgusting. Some individuals just want the truth, and can't help restrain themselves from making wild claims. Even still, a majority of individuals just want the truth reported to them, and fail to realize that most of what people are saying is completely false. I wrote the OP for the majority, for those who don't care to waste their time reading false information. Nobody wants to sift through the sewage for answers, so why add more crap to the cesspool?

I'm not claiming people shouldn't have opinions, or report their findings... I'm asking that people take responsibility for their comments, or insinuations regarding Boston, for we've already seen all the good that's come from the countless 9/11 threads.

"marginally coherent"?

This coming from an individual who begins their sentence with the word "And", can't use a comma, or even spell the word coherent correctly?

Thanks for your marginally minimal response:

Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.

Hit and run tactics... you stay classy.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infernalis

If your focusing on every crevice of the right hand, your missing the evidence of what the left hand is up to, thereby ignoring any real evidence that may afford insight as to who the real culprit is. The left hand is already doing plenty to offer such insight. It doesn't take analyzing every shred of confused misinformation to see what's going on here. I'm not ruling out an organic nature to the incident, however, I know enough of history to realize the actual evidence will yield little to no confirmation of truth, I don't need to wait another day or decade for whatever doctored lie may surface. They will parade a patsy, restore the common faith in "justice" and the system necessary to align with the trajectory of the rest of the speculative nonsense that makes the average beLIEver sleep better for the time being, all the while rousing the same emotional machines they put to work every time, leveraging that faith and emotion to continue the trajectory of the bigger picture that's unraveling.

Lets say that what you've just said contains many truths. Is this in defense of all comments made, lets just say for arguments sake, 9/11? For I can assure you, that there was soooo much crap spewed in regards to that topic, that it's indefensible.

Unless, of course... the ends justify the means? Is THAT the underlying premise of everything you just said, because everything you just said contradicts any position that opposes the means taken by any perceivable, conspiratorial institution workings towards an NWO.

You want confirmation of truth? Well, you don't have it, you may never have it, and you certainly don't have it when there hasn't even been a suspect named in regards to Boston. So what are you defending? I don't get it.

Leveraging faith and emotion is exactly what you do every time you spend a dollar, every time you make a decision regarding anything. I still don't see what you're defending.

It doesn't take analyzing every shred of confused misinformation to see what's going on here.

What exactly would that be?
You know what I see? I see a media that has its biggest news story of 2013 and possibly for the next 3 years, and they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to be the first to publish any new information.

I see multiple government agencies weighing in and scrambling to find anything so that they can try to solve this, but more so, to prove to the world that they can and will figure this out in a timely manner. To try and restore faith in the US being safe from terror attacks. For many other important reasons and not necessarily in the order that I presented them in.

I see a bunch of people with tools like the internet, and a high profile event with many images and videos being subject to a terrorist attack, with everybody now thinking they're junior detective all of a sudden.

What do you see?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I personally think general speculation is harmless when it's general and presented as pure speculation. I think the line is crossed with an 18 Wheeler when speculation includes real world names or clear faces who may or may not be involved at all. Everyone recall the Olympic Park bombing and how much trouble it cause for authorities to have tagged the wrong guy. It effectively ended his life in many ways, virtually on the spot. (He sued everyone in sight later ...but who wouldn't after that?)

Just my two cents... (Oh..and of course, the minutes after, are perhaps a bad time to start the wild theories ....as many got pretty bent about. Myself included. Just a little time to at least know what happened is helpful I think.)

It doesn't get any 'realer' than all the images being blasted across the internet with people being circled and fingers being pointed. What happens when some crazy fool thinks they spotted one of these individuals and wants to take things into their own hands? I don't know if those people outlined are guilty or not, but I can assure you that there's no form of justice being portrayed by those using photoshop in their images.

If I knew that I was one of those individuals that was circled in any of these photos, and they were published by anyone pointing me out.. well, lets just say my legal team will have a field day. Although there's plenty of 'what ifs' involved in that scenario.

If something is presented as pure speculation, whatever, but I'm sure we both know that these theories are rarely conveyed in such a manner.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I do agree with you. I think the difference is clear enough in even pictures between some I first saw of a guy on the roof from a distance and simply showing a where and general who for authorities to look if they hadn't already .....to the close and so specific, facial recognition run through the internet could just have a lucky hit to get a name.

I mentioned this a couple times back when I had first gotten to ATS but I was one of those happy campers that got called in for the Oklahoma City Bombing as a potential "Un-Sub #2". Some crazy former employer clear out in California thought I looked like the sketch (Which, honestly, I did to a degree that shocked even me for one of them). The FBI agents I spent the morning with...their place, not mine...assured me they called in some 10,000 other people around the nation for similar little chats. (Which I later found to likely be about accurate too). That didn't lessen the feeling of how close it could have been. When that happened, I was in a classroom, earning my Commercial Drivers License to be a trucker. A year before that, I'd been homeless and living in a car with my wife (same, and only 1 ever.) with no way to prove that.

Yeah.. I'm kinda sensitive about false accusations too when it's specific.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I do agree with you. I think the difference is clear enough in even pictures between some I first saw of a guy on the roof from a distance and simply showing a where and general who for authorities to look if they hadn't already .....to the close and so specific, facial recognition run through the internet could just have a lucky hit to get a name.

I mentioned this a couple times back when I had first gotten to ATS but I was one of those happy campers that got called in for the Oklahoma City Bombing as a potential "Un-Sub #2". Some crazy former employer clear out in California thought I looked like the sketch (Which, honestly, I did to a degree that shocked even me for one of them). The FBI agents I spent the morning with...their place, not mine...assured me they called in some 10,000 other people around the nation for similar little chats. (Which I later found to likely be about accurate too). That didn't lessen the feeling of how close it could have been. When that happened, I was in a classroom, earning my Commercial Drivers License to be a trucker. A year before that, I'd been homeless and living in a car with my wife (same, and only 1 ever.) with no way to prove that.

Yeah.. I'm kinda sensitive about false accusations too when it's specific.

I cant imagine what that must have been like! Granted, 10,000+ people could write a short story about it, but if I were you, I'd share my experience. Although I'd certainly check with the FBI before getting too detailed, lol. It sounds like an interesting beginning to an interesting story, fictional of course, you don't seem too interesting. Joking!

"Toll of the Innocent Suspect: The Price I've Paid For Justice"

I'd imagine something about that interview and entire situation changed you, significantly so even. People might just want to read about it.

As to the facial recognition software comment. Are those readily available to the public at a decent price? With out even searching for that information, I'm guess that it's next to impossible to get, or incredibly expensive. The database alone for such technology would be so large, if commercially available, would almost imply some form of internet, portal or server access. I could be wrong though... that happens a lot.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm haven a tough time clearly understanding your response, and you don't seem to understand me very well either, so I'm just going to clarify what I meant. I think in any big event like this, it's important not to focus on the event itself, but to pay attention to what else is going on in the periphery. Boston is the big event, it's the right hand. What is the left hand doing? I suppose I should insert here that I consider the truth to be one of two possible outcomes. Is this an actual organic teroarist act, or is it a false fag? Further, if it was organic…was it homegrown or foreign born. Now, I'm not looking for any confirmation of truth. I question even my own assumptions just as much as the official answers. I've spent enough time, lost enough sleep, torn enough of my own hair out chasing down and trying to verify and sift the truth from the lies with past events to know the quest is relatively futile. In fact if I've learned anything, it's that the trends and motives are where the money or evidence truly lies (and it always lies). Overall I think truth, especially when it comes to something as easily obscured as world events, isn't going to reveal itself in the minutia of hard evidence that seem to be the amateurs holy grail. It's hard enough to find truth in rigid scientific quests without the flaw of instruments and scientific bias, never mind the financial bias behind the outcome of any scientific quest for "truth". In other words, it's the big pictures that matter, not the microscopic details. I'm trying to see the whole elephant here if your familiar with the blind men expression. We still don't know the absolute truth about Tonkin, or JFK, or Osama... forget 911! 911 is meaningless! What has meaning is where are those who obscure the facts taking us! How does Boston fit in with the overall story? At this juncture, as important as it is, I don't have time to fully search out the complete periphery. but I've heard enough to make some initial assumptions. What else happened today besides we got a bunch of confused bull# stories from the media as always? Gun control vote? Does anyone stand to benefit from more violence right before that went down? Is it not apparent how critical that is to the overall agenda? Major bombings in Iran recently, no agenda there right! CISPA? Gold did what yesterday? That right there is enough to tell me, the timing of this piece fits right into the puzzle. I expected a gun control push when Trayvon got shot! Forget Aurora, forget Newtown…

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Infernalis

The motive was already there in my mind. When Newtown did happen, I knew we'd be in for domestic terror attacks. And I knew they'd be switching it up from foreign to domestic terror. I don't wan't confirmation of truth, I don't believe in absolute truth. I don't want to be right so I can play the I told you so game. I want to be wrong so I can have some hope of living out the rest of my life in relative peace and security. I want kids, I want to learn more about life, not what the latest crap the evil #s who run # are up to. But it effects my life so I pay attention. As for contradictions in the underlying premise of what I said supporting the NWO, I'd love to see your math on how you came to that conclusion. What I was saying is… They are going to need the average dummies, to have faith in their system of government. The same dummies that can't see what gun control is really about. The same dummies who won't blink when they say they caught the bad guy, the same dummies who don't have any itchy grey matter with a remote thought of 911 or JFK or Tonkin, or Hiroshima, or the entire history of the world! The same dummies who think gun laws are going to protect kiddies. If you are one of those to hell with you! The game is obvious, and it gets more obvious as time goes by. I'm the ducking dummy for bothering with this god forsaken shat hole of a website. This isn't the biggest media story of 2013, it's just the beginning. It will be a forgettable blip when all is said and done… That's what I think! That's what I see! Who's being escorted out of what country? Where have I heard that before? The only thing the government agencies are scrambling is your brain, and the brains of anyone else who thinks truth will come out of any investigation is going on down in Boston right now! What do you think all the guns and bulletproof veehiclez is for? Look, I didn't pull the story lines I think are manifesting out of my ass ok! I don't think I'm some smart guy who figured anything out myself. I just keep my ears and eyes open and try and apply reason and logic to the big picture! I hope I'm sadly mistaken. And it also is entirely feasible that eel chaida or some home grown horror fan cooked this up themselves! But I have my reservations, and I have a really hard time believing the target matches up with the motivational philosophy if this was an american, and I think it's kinda funny the way Obama came out swinging it like that as well. That's where they wanna bring the dialog!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Well, I wish I could say they threatened me with dental tools and bamboo shoots, but the fact of the matter is the agents here were down to earth and decent. Very ..ahem.. VERY thorough and over again, but not hostile about anything. Although the undertone that it could change was certainly there. The odd thing was that they'd called me by phone where I was living, out of the blue the evening before and asked that I be down to meet with them first thing in the morning. I'm not sure if the house was watched that night or not ...but I imagine that if I'd been guilty I wouldn't have gotten far anyway.

What stuck with me was just that it was fate I happened to be in a classroom for 100% documented proof of where I was and what I was doing when that happened. I'd travelled and bounced around the Western US quite a bit for a couple years before trucking and doing it for a living. I wouldn't have been able to prove much of anything if timing had been a bit different.

As far as facial recognition? Picasa was trying to do this with my whole photo collection when I'd tried it on here last year. I'm fairly sure that was the program... I'd tried several around the same time since I was a graphics design student before changing course to go to the University and a full professional degree. The set up on that was just for grouping and labeling but it did a surprisingly good job where it had faces to work with. Figure law enforcement is generations of software beyond that and in the Drivers License/Passport photo databases and more as well..

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

As to the facial recognition software comment. Are those readily available to the public at a decent price? With out even searching for that information, I'm guess that it's next to impossible to get, or incredibly expensive. The database alone for such technology would be so large, if commercially available, would almost imply some form of internet, portal or server access. I could be wrong though... that happens a lot.

Facial recognition expensive? It's free all over! Fusion centers, massive data collection sites, ever hear of those? There are advanced cameras that can pick up your face through the windshield on street and highway cameras, think about that when your tagging your buddies face on Facebook or Picasa or whatever? Add that up! Now you can't move without being tracked hands free, found anywhere! It's a nice little technological cage being built up around us. Somehow it doesn't make me feel any safer!

FBI Unveils $1 Billion Facial Recognition System

Pretty soon you're going to need one of these...

Anti-Drone Camouflage: What to Wear in Total Surveillance

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
from a photo taken at the finish line of the marathon, i found a group of five men, possibly military, with large backpacks on, acting suspiciously.

but sence you're not intrested...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
from a photo taken at the finish line of the marathon, i found a group of five men, possibly military, with large backpacks on, acting suspiciously.

but sence you're not intrested...

You mean this one?...

Or the one from here?...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Infernalis

nope

new topics

top topics

join