It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

major explosion reported at fertilizer plant near Waco, TX

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kathael

right before the explosion u can hear somthing
a soft kind of noise
i think it either sombody screamin cuz he sees somthing coming in
or its the sound that the thing thats coming in makes
does anybody hear what im talking about?
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...
im talking about this video

edit on 18-4-2013 by og6996 because: link

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just reported on FOX. Someone near the plant was calling dispatch asking for help. He said, "we just had a bomb go off inside here. We have a lot of firefighters down". They played the audio.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This feels like an attack. I said two days ago that without a positive ID on Boston bomber and a manifesto that this wasn't over.

This is terrible.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
This feels like an attack. I said two days ago that without a positive ID on Boston bomber and a manifesto that this wasn't over.

This is terrible.

On a similar note, depending what ever the motives for bombing the marathon the CT'er in me feared it may have been a failure i the eyes of the bomber/group due to the low numbers of deaths and that this wouldn't be the end.
The problem is if this is unrelated then that may still be to come. Such sad times.
I live in a small community which is mainly employed by a Nuclear recycling plant and I think about this type of thing all the time

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Just reported on FOX. Someone near the plant was calling dispatch asking for help. He said, "we just had a bomb go off inside here. We have a lot of firefighters down". They played the audio.

Might not have been a bomb though, just an explosion and because of Boston they assumed it was a bomb.

Thinking about it you'd really have to know what you were doing to get a whole plant to blow up like that, so if it is deliberate then it would have to be someone who's really done their homework or maybe who worked there.

But surely even with the coincidences it HAS to be an accident.

Still precautions should be made just in case, especially for attacks tomorrow and/or the day after.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Really all you'd need to do is set a really good fire. The rest would take care of itself.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by og6996

Maybe they saw something coming!
Look at these pictures on the left ist something befor the big boom

imgur.com...
edit on 18-4-2013 by RealyBigSmile because: (no reason given)

And in this video you hear something right befor the explosion!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
In an interview just screened on BBC News the Sergeant said ATF are assisting in the investigation. With its proximity to Waco and that particular organisations rep in that whole thing I suspect many will draw conclusions, or speculate about wether this is an attack or not.

ATF being at the scene may prove to be significant but as yet according to the announcement they are just there to assist.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by magma

Fertilizer, when mixed with other chemicals, is extremely explosive. It was used in the Oklahoma City bombing. But to answer your question, it's uncommon to have an explosion at a plant.

From what I read on the BBC, the only other fertilizer accident was in Texas in 1947 when transport vessels in the dock exploded. They mention that it is still the most deadly industrial accident in US history.

The West Fertilizer company also stated that the plant posed no risk of fire or explosion, this is apparently on record. But that cannot be true, because they stored Anhydrous ammonia, which has to be contained at high pressure, creates a highly volatile gas, and is extremely explosive when in contact with air.

If this is an accident, then someone in relation to that plant, and possibly someone in relation to the local authorities, lied about the risks posed by this plant - corruption.

Still, it's an incredible coincidence that this happened 20 miles from Waco, on the anniversary of the tragedy, and days after a deadly terrorist attack in Boston, and while politicians are receiving Ricin tainted letters in the post

What are the chances of all these things happening in the same week?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

With the complete failures of the MSM over the last week in getting anything actually correct, changing their story every five minutes, all seemingly making stuff up to be the first ones to report it, I wouldn't trust Faux news if they told me the Sun was hot.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
the hardest thing to remember and to keep a stable mind on your shoulders regardless of the media ... stand back and look outward with out your own bias ..... stick only with the facts....... .... the first thing i would ask is .... do we have any one whop was directly involved in this coincidence that can comment ?

i am going to withdraw from this post after this comment,,, i think you can understand why .........

Muzz

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
They need to seriously beef up security in and around Oklahoma, any federal organisations involved in Waco, etc, maybe even Columbine, and anywhere else that could remotely be a target tomorrow and the day after just in case someone is on a mission.

If they are this well organised they might even have planted more bombs already to go off at the relevant time/s in the days / weeks ahead.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by og6996

I have watched that so many times, but I just realized there was a firefighter on that roof spraying water on the fire when it blew. And he did say someone jumped out of a window, but that firefighter had to be blown thousands of feet away

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Unless President Hussein Obama capitulates to the demands of the House of Islam and returns Omar "The Blind Sheikh" Abdel-Rahman, the muslims on American soil will continue to engage in violent Jihad.

This "accident" is more than likely an act of violent Jihad.
edit on 18-4-2013 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Crazy lady from Westboro Church is tweeting some very nasty things....
twitter.com...
Things I cannot quote here in fear of getting my ass banned, but! Im sure you all know what the "church" is all aobut

Wish she was inside that explosion.....

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
To Mike Trivisoono:

But really, apart from the symbolic nature of WHERE the blast occured, what possible motive to blow up a plant in the middle of nowhere?

It would have to be US citizens disgruntled at the Govt and making a point, to Islamic terrorists Patriots day/Boston and Waco mean nothing.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
However, judging from the use of language it does seem the authorities are trying to paint this as an Islamic attack on the USA.

"Twin bombs" - what on earth are twin bombs? There were 2 bombs, they should be saying 2 bombs, not twin bombs.

It is obviously meant to allude to the twin towers and 911.

Propaganda.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hmm I am keeping an open mind.

In waco, 20 years to the day from the ending of the branch davidian assault. Coincidence? Or maybe former branch davidian worked at plant and caused it. I wonder if we can scrounge up some pics of the branch davidians that survived and see if they match up to someone in crowd at boston

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
Hmm I am keeping an open mind.

In waco, 20 years to the day from the ending of the branch davidian assault. Coincidence? Or maybe former branch davidian worked at plant and caused it. I wonder if we can scrounge up some pics of the branch davidians that survived and see if they match up to someone in crowd at boston

McVeigh set off his bomb in retaliation for Waco, it doesn't have to be someone who was an actual member of the sect that's involved.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealyBigSmile
reply to post by og6996

Maybe they saw something coming!
Look at these pictures on the left ist something befor the big boom

imgur.com...

And in this video you hear something right befor the explosion!

Like I have said in my last couple of posts, and others have made the same comments, there are/were a couple of tanks to the left of the fire. To me, the photo's you linked to look like a secondary explosion, right where the tanks were, which would explain why it looked like something "coming in", even though all you can see is something lighting up, like a secondary fire/explosion. So I will stand by my comment in my last post of it being a BLEVE. You can read up on what that is from the link I posted in my last post. As for any supposed noise, could be the pressure release valves on the tanks. Sometimes those bastards can be bloody loud when they want to be, especially when under extreme pressure.

Sometimes the simplest explanation holds the answer.

Edit:- After watching the video again, the only sounds I hear are Emergency Services sirens, the breeze, and the people in the car talking. But that's just me. Maybe you have better hearing than I do. I can honestly tell you after working around and inside ships for so long, my hearing can play up on me.

edit on 18-4-2013 by TerribleTeam2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join