It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lyric deciphering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Studying tune lyrics for a hobby.A lot of us love the sound of music but don't understand the message behind what we hear.When I enjoy a tune I want to know what it's about....ex.

AC/DC-She's got the jack=we all know that one.

Johnny Cash-Ring of Fire=drowning in a bottle of whiskey.

Led Zeppelin-Out on the Tiles=Party on the streets of England.

See where I'm getting at?......A hard one to crack for me is"Poly want a cracker"by Nirvana

I know,ask a stupid question and get a silly answer
....but anyways,I would love to see some comeback for future references.....Thanks in advance

please don't post youtube video's cause every things in my head already

Sarn

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

According to Michael Azerrad's 1993 Nirvana biography Come as You Are, "Polly" is based on the true story of a female rape victim from Tacoma, Washington. The girl, 14, was abducted in 1987 while returning from a punk rock show, and was raped and tortured with razors and a blowtorch by her abductor. Cobain's only narrative flourish is that the victim manages to escape by flirting with her captor, convincing him to trust her. This allows her to escape while he stops for gas.[1]

In the liner notes to Nirvana's 1992 compilation Incesticide, Cobain expressed disdain for an incident which occurred after the song's release on Nevermind. "Last year, a girl was raped by two wastes of sperm and eggs while they sang the lyrics to our song 'Polly,'" he wrote. "I have a hard time carrying on knowing there are plankton like that in our audience."
Source(s):
en.wikipedia.org...(song)

answers.yahoo.com...

Google is your friend,

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

What's the point of being here then eh.......geeesh.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Never mind, I mis understood the OP ha

Silvergun Superman by Stone Temple Pilots (one of my Favs btw) is about Scott Weylands gf having an abortion without him knowing.
edit on 17-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Inspectah Deck - "crooked cops and crack rocks, stray shots, all on the block stays hot" = Living with bad cops and drugs, gun violence and everything in the neighborhood is stolen.
edit on 17-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Polly want a cracker is about abducting a female from the abductor's perspective. Kurt Cobain
has talked about it. Search youtube.

As a musician I don't buy into the illuminati/lyric/video/references/conspiracy/angle.
It could be, but song/lyrics are hard to come by. I just can't fathom intentionally
place this in your art. For what purpose?

new topics

top topics

join