It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul's going to run for President in 2016

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

@eLPresidente

Oops, that's a case of my bad; I didn't look at the small print well enough, focusing on the bigger, green print referring to a reply to me. So indeed you were replying to @WaterBottle rather than me. Sorry for my confusion. But some of my points still hold regarding RP none the less.

I will also respond to your point that RP said he would try to change part of the 10th portion of the CRA, if he were in Congress then, and thus doesn't oppose the CRA per se. Since he wasn't there then, he can't change it; he's stuck with supporting the current law or not -- just like everybody else. To attempt to explain one's point of view on a law by saying that one would have done things slightly differently if one had been involved/in charge is clearly evading the issue of whether or not one agrees with a law that is on the books; it's equivocating.

And for a guy who said he enjoys being on RM's show (as he did in this video), it's strange that he has turned down all invites by RM since then. That smells like mendacity on his part -- that or a new-found fear of RM and her tenacious interview style.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Agree on all points.
This new thing of the republican candidates only doing press
with FOX or previously vetted "news" orginazations isn't going to fly.
If Rand is afraid of little ol Rachel how's he gonna deal as prez?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Read it here First !!!

Rand Paul Loses 2016 Presidential Bid!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

UIm, Rand Pausl stance on abortion is pretty well known if you follow politics. He put a fetal personhood bill in the middle of an insurance bill so it would not pass.

Rand Paul Abortion Bill: Life At Conception Act Would Outlaw Abortion

www.policymic.com...
edit on 19-4-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You're in the weirdo Ron Paul cult, these people can do no wrong to you. All you do is cape and make excuses for their gross behavior..

If you knew anything about Rand Paul, he does not seek the federal government to ban anything.

Sen. Paul Introduces the Life
at Conception Act
WASHINGTON, D.C.

On Thursday, Sen. Paul introduced S.583, a bill that would implement equal
protection under the 14th Amendment for the right to life of ea
ch born and unborn human. T his legislation does not amend or interpret the Constitution, but simply relies on the 14th Amendment, which specifically authorizes Congress to enforce its provisions. From Section 1 of the 14th Amendment:
"
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws."
"
The Life at Conception Act legislatively declares what most Americans believe and what science has long
known that human life begins at the moment of conception, and therefore is entitled to legal protection
from that point forward,” Sen. Paul said. “

The right to life is guaranteed to all Americans in the Declaration
of Independence and ensuring this is upheld is the Constitutional duty of all Members of Congress.”

www.paul.senate.gov...

Pro-life people are tyrants that want to control what a women does with their body. It has nothing to do with liberty, its anti-liberty. They want to force their perverted biblical beliefs on everyone else.

Oh, and bringing up only the federal government, I guess states can't be tyrannical themselves? Mississippi banned abortion it would be just as tyrannical if the Fed did it. Just because it is a smaller institution doesn't mean anything. The government is the government.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm not arguing with you. You're a cult member. Hopefully years down the road you'll wake up and see the reality of your so called "liberty" movement. You'll probably end up a wage slave sweat shop worker when your right wing buddies turn America into a third world country.

Rand Paul is a liar and a revisionist historian.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
all hail the king

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It seems to me the way people are talking in my area, the GOP has no business even running for the presidency. They've come across as nothing but dishonest, money hungry liars. That go back on their word constantly. Rand Paul will run, I'm almost certain of that. Just announced his Senate run Friday. Chris Christie or bust republicans.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

I'm not arguing with you. You're a cult member. Hopefully years down the road you'll wake up and see the reality of your so called "liberty" movement. You'll probably end up a wage slave sweat shop worker when your right wing buddies turn America into a third world country.

Rand Paul is a liar and a revisionist historian.

You lose the debate so you go looking for emotional responses, good luck with that in the real world.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ah, Rand Paul. The infamous flip-flopper who filibustered to prevent the use of drones against Americans on American soil... then changed his mind and decided it's OK if the government uses them to kill some guy who robs a downtown liquor store.

Ron Paul was the most radical liberal in American politics, but at least his policies were reasonably consistent. Rand is just a pathetic liberal weakling who doesn't know what he believes from one week to the next.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

It seems to me that most people do not know the definitions of liberal and conservative. II seems people who label them selves conservative call anything they disagree with liberal and people who label themselves liberal call anything they disagree with as conservative.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
He voted in favor of the Monsanto protection act...not sure if he's really as libertarian as he comes across. It would seem he's in the corporations back pocket.
edit on 2-6-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
reply to post by Sankari

It seems to me that most people do not know the definitions of liberal and conservative. II seems people who label them selves conservative call anything they disagree with liberal and people who label themselves liberal call anything they disagree with as conservative.

It seems to me that most people do not know that 'libertarians' are just liberals in disguise. A true conservative could never be libertarian.

Originally posted by amazing
He voted in favor of the Monsanto protection act...not sure if he's really as libertarian as he comes across. It would seem he's in the corporations back pocket.

Definitely liberal. He takes a corporate cheque and says what he's told to say.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I don't vote for traitors.

Especially ones that threw their own dad under the bus just for political gain.

Rand = Traitor

Yessir

I honestly do believe anyone voting for this guy will be in a for a disappointment. He's joined their club.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by calstorm
reply to post by Sankari

It seems to me that most people do not know that 'libertarians' are just liberals in disguise. A true conservative could never be libertarian.

Originally posted by amazing

Definitely liberal. He takes a corporate cheque and says what he's told to say.

Yeah, but republicans do that too? If both parties do that and the only guy claiming to be anti establishment does that...who do you vote for?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join