It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul's going to run for President in 2016

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Although it's not official until the end of the year, beginning of next, it looks like Rand Paul is going to run for POTUS and is already testing the waters with scheduled visits to Iowa and New Hampshire.

Also at the breakfast with reporters, Paul confirmed he was considering a presidential bid and outlined further plans for his travel to early primary states this year.

"We're considering it, but we won't make a decision before 2014," he said at the breakfast, sponsored by The Christian Science Monitor.

Paul is scheduled to travel to the early primary states of Iowa and New Hampshire next month, but he said he's also adding South Carolina to his itinerary this summer. "Whether I run or not, I would consider it as something that allows me to have a larger microphone," he said.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
He has my vote.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Isn't the timing of this sort of announcement - rather interesting.

I voted for his dad, only to watch his son back Romney...

I'll keep my eye on him as a potential... but the timing is in poor taste. In my opinion.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Very interesting. I'm going to check the guy out, see how he compares to his father.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I don't vote for traitors.

Especially ones that threw their own dad under the bus just for political gain.

Rand = Traitor

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
Very interesting. I'm going to check the guy out, see how he compares to his father.

He endorsed Romney over his own dad.

That's how he stacks up.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Was this before Ron pulled out? Sorry, didn't see that last part. Maybe Ron told him to? If he would have backed his dad he may have fallen into obscurity. Backing Romney got him into the mainstream with most repubs. I'll look into it, thanks.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

He endorsed Romney over his own dad.

That's how he stacks up.

I don't know, Ive disagreed with my father many a time.

If anything it shows strength of character that he was able to break from his dad and make his own choice, I know every wants Ron 2.0 with Rand but hes his own guy who had a good man raise him.

Good enough for me.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

yeah but he didnt back romney for ideological reasons he backed romney because he seemed like he would get more votes and he was the guy the gop wanted in
ron didnt play ball rand does

and thats exactly what people are fed up with
edit on 17-4-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

reply to post by muzzleflash

Was this before Ron pulled out? Sorry, didn't see that last part. Maybe Ron told him to? If he would have backed his dad he may have fallen into obscurity. Backing Romney got him into the mainstream with most repubs. I'll look into it, thanks.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

He made the statement a week or two before Ron pulled out if I recall correctly. It kind of led up to it in a way, and it caused quite a stir of angst at the time.

It doesn't really matter though, because anyone who supported Romney or Obama indicated they also support continued erosion of our rights and our economy, and agree with putting the same group of CFR Trilateral PNAC insiders into the White House that have been running it for the last few decades, and driving our nation into the pits.

Of which Rand apparently is happy to play along with, because it would seem he doesn't mind the fascist totalitarians.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by benrl

yeah but he didnt back romney for ideological reasons he backed romney because he seemed like he would get more votes and he was the guy the gop wanted in
ron didnt play ball rand does

and thats exactly what people are fed up with
edit on 17-4-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

Exactly.

Rand plays ball for personal gain no matter who he has to sell out.

Why would I vote for someone who would sell me and my countrymen out to the highest bidder?
China ? Saudi Arabia?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Might as well write in my vote for Larry, Moe or Curly.

Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are the Senate's version of the three stooges just less funny.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
let me fix the title for you:

___
Rand Paul's going to run for President in 2016, 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032, 2036, 2040
___

Does Rand have kids?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's too early. We don't know enough about him. I don't know if he is his own man ... or if he's riding his fathers coat tails .. or if he's a typical politician sell out. IMHO - it's too early for him to run. We need to see more of who he really is ...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
let me fix the title for you:

___
Rand Paul's going to run for President in 2016, 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032, 2036, 2040
___

Does Rand have kids?

OHHH my goodness. You made me laugh so hard my kids turned around and asked if I was okay!

Cirque

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's too early. We don't know enough about him. I don't know if he is his own man ... or if he's riding his fathers coat tails .. or if he's a typical politician sell out. IMHO - it's too early for him to run. We need to see more of who he really is ...

Your right. Which is why I prefer to take the watch and see stance.

I'm not writing him off. I'm just skeptical.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Personally, I don't really care about who either Paul voted for. What matters to me at election time is where each candidate stands on critical issues.

IMO, we already spend too much time holding grudges based on humanity's shallowest of endeavors.

NOTE: Second attempt to post on this topic. Over the day, there's been numerous incidents of my comments being either redirected or, in this case, a screen that came up with the words: 'Security error".

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I don't vote for traitors.

Especially ones that threw their own dad under the bus just for political gain.

Rand = Traitor

Agreed. I voted for Ron Paul. His son is a corporate and party line kind of guy. They don't even compare in my book.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I know enough to know he will not get my vote. Rand Paul will never be the man his father is.
The fact that the party that shunned his father is endorsing him speaks volumes. Rand is just another corrupt politician IMHO.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
He had to endorse Romney to be able to run for president. Otherwise he would be castrated from the GOP like Ron. I'm sure Ron knew beforehand. Would u guys rather have another Bush or Obama or someone connected to the liberty movement?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join