It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athanasius Kircher's ATLANTIS map meets Google Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Something I hypothesized myself a few years ago... even made my own little video regarding scenarios and the killer of the Island, "Subduction".
Basic but the priciple and outcome are the same. Land drops well below sea level due to Subduction and Ice Melt... To add also in the exact same place stated in the OP's videos...
edit on 19-4-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Or perhaps something more like this, with lower water levels.

[/quote

Agreed. Since the last ice age, sea levels have been rising. UK lost three miles of inland coastline due to sea erosion. We have maps of medieval UK that show villages and roads that no longer exist

But Atlantis was supposed to be 300 miles in diameter, UK is 400 miles in latitude, so Atlantis would be smaller than the UK.

Perhaps Atlantis was built on a volcano, and they had discovered geothermal energy - hot spring waters. Some other civilisations did that too. They actually installed hot water plumbing systems and central heating based on the heat from underground as well as basement fireplaces.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

S&F for a fascinating thread. I believe you (and your supporting researchers) are right.

These findings actually validate the Edgar Cayce readings on Atlantis.

According to Cayce, Atlantis had started out as a continent (Mid-Atlantic Ridge) then suffered a series of breakups. Around 50,000 BC Atlantis broke up into major huge islands. Poseidia (present-day Bahamas area) was the largest of the islands in the west.

Around 28,000 BC, Atlantis further broke up into smaller islands.

These islands (like the Azores) were very seismically active. Destruction took place over years.
The Atlanteans had plenty of warning to get out and they did in waves.

They were more technologically advanced than we are now.

The Atlanteans built the Great Pyramid of Egypt between 10,490 BC - 10,390 BC.
They built the Sphinx with a Hall of Records underneath it.

The Atlanteans also established a "library of knowledge" in 10,300 BC which would later be known as the Library of Alexandria. What a loss.

The final destruction of Atlantis took place around 10,500 BC. Egypt was flooded with Atlantean refugees.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

This is outstanding work by Danny Wilten (and a great thread). I'd like to see James Cameron take his 3D IMAX cameras down there...

One question, which may be slightly off-topic: At 10 minutes into to the video above i noticed that the Google Earth image had 'Face on Mars' - 'Cydonia Mars' labelled just off the coast of northern Portugal... Why

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Superb thread and I believe that the island you have shown on the map is a good match for the sea mount that you have shown on google earth, north sometimes switches with south as the geomagnetic poles flip, an event that can be devastating to electronics according to some that have discussed it, personaly I do not know if that is the case but there is another much older thread on ATS that you will find interesting, I made some comment's and observation's on that that you may like.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also I remember reading on another site dedicated to Atlantis (cant remember the url sorry but will upload If I can track it down shortly (No sorry unable to find it again so don't trust memory), A wreck hunting ship stumbled on a sunken city that was very large with bullovades of collumns and domed building's, temple like structure's and houses all in white stone or marble, there sub started to malfunction as did the electronic's on there ship, the compasses went haywire, they had to raise there sub and get out of there, east of the azore's, I wonder if the geometric shape's you have seen on google earth are that same city though that would be south east.

Although I believe in sunken city's that predate the ice age and existed during the glacial maximum when sea level's were lower leaving the place's we now live to the uncivilised barbarian savage's and the cold wind's the atlantis story suffers from too many explanation's and too much deliberate obscuring of the fact's by a select group whom would have there reputation's trashed by an actual discovery if made public, also the government's would be scared of such information in case it created civil unrest or planted the seed of fear that the world was not so certain and fixed in the heart's of there populace along with the resulting economic fluctuation's that a loss of religious or other certainty may cause, it has too many debunker's whom simply discount or ignore any form of scientific evidence or eyewitness statement's and it is not just one continent or sunken land mass but all continent's and land masses that had much more land exposed above sea level at this time, indeed as the ice age's have been cyclic and the human race in modern form may be over 200.000 year's old it may have happened many time's which mean's there may be many enigmatic ruin's down there and just maybe a civilisation approaching or even surpassing our own has also existed in that time frame, AS the sceptic's sceptic would say lack of proof is not proof against.
edit on 19-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PrivateSi

Yes, the Egyptians were aware of what we now call the Americas:

"and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounds the true ocean."

"and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent [America] which surrounds the true ocean [the Atlantic]."

Plato paints it plain as day.

He was aware that the Egyptian priest said there was continent on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

This means that Plato was aware of America, even though they did not call it that at that time.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Calling him a crakpot does not explain why his map matches up with something sitting underwater.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Looks solid to me.

The thing that suddenly strikes me though: when you think about it, what is the big mystery? Continents rise and fall. We know that. Plato talked about it. Why does it seem like a such an impossible thing to so many people?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Nice video you made there. I noticed how your vid links into another vid about the Great Meteor Seamount.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

Danny Wilten has another, newer video. I do not remember the ATS code to attach it to this thread, but here is the link:

www.youtube.com...

I guess I am going to have to join Youtube to get him to post in ATS.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PrivateSi

Thak you, I kept forgetting the name of the arrowhead. The Great Meteor Seamount can be seen below in relation to all the other land north of it that would have been above water with it. Now we can see how Atlantis would stretch the lenght of Portugal. This would mean the Egyptian map only showed the southern island.

Paste the following into the Google search box and then click on the first link it gives you.

File:Greatmeteorseamount3d.svg

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Spectacular video, thank you very much, the item's the jesmond crew recovered were supposedly lost, misplaced or destroyed during the london blitze, the "log of the jesmond" atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com...
This must also be born in mind with regards to the jesmond,.
atlantipedia.ie...
edit on 20-4-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The Atlantis subject is very interesting but there is a very big chance that the Santorini explanation really is the background of it all. Many theories a lot more solid than the many guesses out there really point in that direction.

So I would say the Santorini eruption along with Plato's anger at the Greek community for sentencing his mentor to death.

Atlantis and Santorini

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Therev were several pillars of hercules. There was one if i recall corectly on the bosphorus near troy,

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chazam

I have to agree that the Santorini theory is a really solid and good explanation but it just does not fit the account perfectly despite a very great number of parallels between the Plato account and the archaeology it also does not take into account the co existant legends of a lost land east of south America and the claim the Aztec's had that there ancestors had come from it, they called it according to the anglicised translation I read Aztlan.

Aztlan, Atlantis, indeed it is why we call it the atlantis ocean as it is named after atlantis and not as some have claimed the atlas mountain's (another place that atlantis was claimed to be) indeed this web site is the most convincing speculation and theory I have yet seen and relit my interest in the subject.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
An excellent post with good references, although our research led us down this road, and it could not be accepted because of the misinterpretation of the location to the term used to place Atlantis

Beyond the Pillars of Hercules is used by many writers of the classics to provide a vision of distance, and many of these writers frequently refer to the Pillars without being in anyway specific regarding their location

Beyond the Pillars of Hercules, is the modern reference used, and it should be Heracles

The Pillars of Heracles is the correct term that provides the clue to the location of this elusive land, and it is the name given by Plato to describe the maritime boundary marker of the ancient Greek world

According to his text, Atlantis lay just beyond or just before this limit

It has been suggested that the Symplegades, at the Bosporus, encountered by Homer’s Argonauts were precursors of the Pillars of Heracles

However, there is little doubt that during the last centuries BC ‘the Pillars’ referred to the Strait of Gibraltar

This is %2C%22num_results%22%3A%2252%22%2C%22sort_order%22%3A%22best_relevance%22%2C%2 2search_type%22%3A%22search_assets%22%2C%22item_index%22%3A24]]another map that reveals a continent just beyond the known Greek world, which depicts a continent between the South American and African continents

Navigable waterways match the description of Plato, and the Greek ships followed the shorelines to this legendary land

Unfortunately Atlantis did not sink beneath the seas, although the water did cover its surface entirely, and the land exists today in its present location, which is the South Pole

Atlantis is Antarctica, and the evidence is on the land in the form of carved monuments that were made in antiquity during the time of the Nephilim

The monument that identifies this land as the legendary continent and its King Nimrod and the calamity suffered by his Nephilim is known around the world and refers to the time when the Nephilim were scattered around the earth

The megalithic monuments around the world attest to this fact, because of their antiquity and size, which present engineering and equipment could not move or place in the precise locations where they stand in the present

Many people may wonder how Antarctica moved to where its present location exists today? This answer has been addressed by the Atlantic ridge, and research by the Yale Cratonic Simulation that indicates that Antarctica will move from its present location, and push the Atlantic Ridge plates apart

Like a bowling ball that follows the gutter for return, the mass and weight of the continent travels along the gutter of the Atlantic ridge on a sea of lava below, and the catastrophic consequences of the next move of Antarctica, will move the continent to the north

We have compiled the research subject material into a dissertation that is being prepared for public release, and our online sample provides images of the megaliths that are located around the world, and their massive size and weight indicates that it was not man who created and moved them

The purpose of the research of the project is to apply the knowledge of man in a multi-disciplined research to benefit from the contributions that exist outside the boundaries of academia and the labs of science to arrive at a consensus that the evidence supports

August Day
See the Sample Atlantis is Antarctica – click here

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Did you know some of the mountains in green land under the ice are almost Himalaya size but crushed under the vast weight of the frozen ocean of ice, sometimes two legend's become one, king Arthur and the holy grail, what if there was indeed a land lost as big as plato explained but his story was fused with a later lost land and that being the one that has been found, still it is eerily similar in shape and has many of the same geological feature's but Ice core date's would place the Greenland glaciers at hundreds of thousands of year's old.
Here is an interesting query made over the age of the ice though,.
usatoday30.usatoday.com...
I for one believe that sentient life on earth is older than currently accepted and maybe a form of modern man may have been around far longer as well, Antarctica is also somewere that may once have hosted human habitation but to date no truly convincing evidence has been found, personally though I love to see it whan archaeologist's/anthropologist's with there pseudo science that regularly fails scientific rigor that a physicist or chemist would adhere to come up against the more scientific and accurate Geologist's and it always infuriates me how the geologist despite being the correct authority is put down as though he is the foolish one such as in the dating of the sphinx in egypt.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Offical Government sanctioned report

Here is our Atlantis
edit on 21-4-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

English subtitles but very informative and reveals the "other side" whether its fact or fiction is up to the masses

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Since we have copper in boats that sank in the Mediterranean 3500 years ago that can be traced to northern Wisconsin/upper Michigan, we know that world travel was going on.

Those mines had massive amounts of copper pulled from them in the distant past, so the question remains, who mined it?

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

short video but at 14:40 of the video and beyond explains the FIRE FIGHT the scientific expedition had with aircraft that was able to fly out of the water

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join