It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athanasius Kircher's ATLANTIS map meets Google Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is very simple.

If a landmass currently underwater, was mapped in ancient times, then that means that it was once above water.

If it was above water and right where Plato said Atlantis was, then it would have to be called Atlantis.

Right?

Athanasius Kircher, a founder of Egyptology, found a map in the Vatican. This map was created in Egypt and brought to Italy by the Romans sometime around 30 BCE. The Egyptians considered southern Egypt to be Upper Egypt, and drew their maps accordingly, with South being up. Kircher redrew the map just the way it was and placed America on one side as reference. This is the map he published in 1669:

upload.wikimedia.org...

Once the sea floor was charted in the modern age, no one thought the map was real, but that was because they were looking for a continent. If the outer edge of the map was drawn to show location ONLY, then the size of the island would not be misleading. Solon first heard of Atlantis from an Egyptian priest while visiting Egypt. If the priest had shown him the map, Solon could easily think Atlantis was bigger than Libya and Asia. And Plato never called Atlantis a continent; he called it a large island.

Part of Plato's description of the island was of a rectangle in nature. It consisted of a level plain surrounded by mountains on all sides, except the southern side. The mountains were particularly high on the north side; "the entire region rose sheer out of the sea to a great height. The perimeter of the rectangle received rivers that streamed down from the mountains. Even though the rectangle was surrounded by mountains, it was a smooth plain, whereas the mountains stretched as far as the sea."As it looks like rivers lead into lakes, this is a good description for what you are about to see.

Athanasius Kircher's map meets Google Earth

upload.wikimedia.org...

Coincidence you say?
The Location is in the same place, just west of the Pillars of Hercules and in the ocean named after it

5 matching angles and lengths, all in the same place

Arrowhead "nick" in the same place

Mountain [city] in the same place. [This can be seen in video]

3 river channels in the same place

2 smaller islands

13 coincidences?

3 rivers cannot be seen, and 2 islands are in the wrong spot, though still on the correct side. 13 coincidences out of 18 do not make a coincidence. 13 coincidences equal a fairly accurate representation.

Of course some of you will disagree because you have been arguing against Atlantis for years and you do not want to stop now. Some of you do not want it to be real. But 13 coincidences do not equal a Coincidence. Or luck.
Circles... did you say circles?

If we are talking about a rise in ocean water, then this was not the only island there, in fact there is a whole chain that would have been above water, nearly stretching the length of Portugal. And 2 of these islands would have been roughly the same size as this one. And yes, there be circles there.

Explorers videos:

I found Atlantis on Google Earth. 4.0
Nov 2008

Did NASA & Google Earth accidently find Atlantis in 2008
Dec 2008

New Discoveries of Atlantis
Jan 2009

Athanasius Kircher & The Map Of Atlantis
Jan 2012

A Deep Analysis Into Kircher's Ancient Egyptian Map Of Atlantis
Jan 2012

Proof Of Atlantis
June 2012

So what do you think, has ATLANTIS been found ~ right where the Egyptians said it was?

What are the chances that an underwater landmass would match an ancient map?

edit on 18-4-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Enjoyed reading this

I just wonder how this fits into Pangea. It makes sense to me because the continents just seem to fit together. So I have my doubts that if another large landmass, in the Atlantic anyway, could have existed between them.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

I'm glad you liked it. I searched around ATS but found no link between the map and the Google Earth arrowhead mesa. Maybe the map influenced it's size in the mind of the person who said it was "larger than Libya and Asia combined". When it was really only showing the outer areas for location purposes.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Or perhaps something more like this, with lower water levels.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Nice find, I'm no expert in this area, but it seems as if you have put some real effort researching this. After all, just from the videos it seems like you may have put close to 5 years into this. S & F

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Really great thread man! Atlantis being exactly where they said it was? The novelty! I'm useless at deciphering satellite footage but it seems very plausible to me. But if it is/was there they wouldn't want us to know about it. I imagine it would call for some revisions to our "history" and they hate that. You know who I'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Where is James Cameron with his submarine pod when you need him?

He needs to explore down there stat, and make a great documentary asap!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Anyone ever think Atlantis may have been located near (or in) Indonesia?

Plate tectonics and volcanic eruptions could have led to drastic geological changes in the area over a relatively short period of time.

It would make sense for such a legendary nations ruins to hide in such plain sight. And the size of Indonesia is appropriate. Look at the elevation charts for the Indonesia area and it starts to make a lot of sense.
edit on 18-4-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: addition

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think that you need to turn the map 180 degrees (turn it upside down). It seems the map then shows South America (as Atlantis), and it is positioned before the West Indies and North America. I highlighted some important features to show the similarities:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you showing Atlantis in the Pacific Ocean? I was under the impression that Atlantis was in the Atlantic ocean and beyond the pillars of Hercules?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Atlantis was found a while ago, mystery is solved, they have even found glass pyriminds under water, its just bein kept quite while the goverment and high profile historians like HAWAS get their grubby fingers on the place and rob it of all its goods to hide them from the world and stop us from learning our true origins of historical development and evoluiion.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Sensational work OP.

Like many, Atlantis has always been a point of interest for myself. My view and overall stance on the subject has shifted and evolved many times over the years.

What has been postulated here though, sits really well with me. Really really well.

Kudos, very exciting indeed.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
** Double Post **
edit on 18-4-2013 by Bugeisha because: User error

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Great Thread!
Was anybody diving there ? Some kind of expedition ?
Would be very intresting!

peace

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It's 4000m underwater !

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tahnya86

Atlantis was found a while ago, mystery is solved, they have even found glass pyriminds under water, its just bein kept quite while the goverment and high profile historians like HAWAS get their grubby fingers on the place and rob it of all its goods to hide them from the world and stop us from learning our true origins of historical development and evoluiion.

In your dreams !

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
spiritualarchitect, Outstanding work

Atlantis is such a wonderous mystery.
I think we are all decendants of Atlantians but that is just my own opinion

Originally posted by Tahnya86

That is quite a statment.

Can you please show proof of any kind, that even 1 "glass pyramid"has been discovered

1 link or 1 photo might help back your astonishing claim of:"Atlantis was found a while ago, mystery is solved"

edit on 18-4-2013 by azureskys because: spelling correction and add on

edit on 18-4-2013 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I just loved that "pyriminds" expression!

> "...mystery is solved, they have even found glass pyriminds under water..."

Maybe you are "down" with them and don't even know it?
Could be...

A

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

Do you have a link or something?
That's quite a statement.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Welp...a new discovery for me today

Great thread OP & I'm totally convinced & I haven't even watched all the video's yet.

One question...why would there be a need to cover up Atlantis?
edit on 18-4-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: added question

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join