It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Broken Society = Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm posting this because It makes me think, You have the current world as it is and have to think to yourself why are we being attacked. And I mean "we" as in every human in the world in any country.

I'm thinking that these incidents come in 2 categories:
1. A person is suicidal/sad/angry/disassociated with the current society and how the world works.
2. A movement is after a certain goal after feeling wronged from who ever wronged them.

If we can base the worlds terrorist/local attacks on these two categories then the places we live should have resources to rehabilitate every human being to get better in whatever their situation is. Im not talking like a homeless shelter or AA im talking about a widely known easy to access and cheap place to go to get help and improve your current life with the addition of the people having that same mentality to help.

Another fix would be for the worlds leaders to promote peace 100% and to give and take like any marriage is supposed to be handled. For example instead of America either pushing its warning or ignoring a threat from North Korea, communications MUST be open. If someone wants to fight you, WHY would you ignore the problem and say hes a scum of a person I wouldn't waste my time talking to him. Well talking to him might get you out of a mass killing situation.

Now imagine a Utopia society or the closest thing we can get to it. Do you think a terrorist or angry person would still commit to mass killings and terrorism?

I imagine that in a world where you can hug someone thats mad and reason with them, they would at least slowly take kind to you and become friendly. Even with someone whos suicidal as a person or a nation, if the all of the worlds leaders promote peace then these "acts" of terrorism wouldnt be able to thrive in that world.
edit on 17-4-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Neither could the elite!

Terrorism = Power.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAConsumer

never mind sorry

edit on 4/17/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAConsumer

I imagine that in a world where you can hug someone thats mad and reason with them, they would at least slowly take kind to you and become friendly. Even with someone whos suicidal as a person or a nation, if the all of the worlds leaders promote peace then these "acts" of terrorism wouldnt be able to thrive in that world.

Violence brings violence, inequities lead to anger, and trying to hide the disfunctionalities behind blankets of rhetoric is ignoring the reality of the world, that its composed of emotions, and feelings.

How can i sum this up, well look at the world and you have you summary. What can be done to fix it, will simple hugs be enough?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAConsumer

I'm thinking that these incidents come in 2 categories:
1. A person is suicidal/sad/angry/disassociated with the current society and how the world works.
2. A movement is after a certain goal after feeling wronged from who ever wronged them.

3. Their particular brand of religious belief puts them above all others, and are commanded to convert those unbelievers, or they must die.

If we can base the worlds terrorist/local attacks on these two categories then the places we live should have resources to rehabilitate every human being to get better in whatever their situation is. Im not talking like a homeless shelter or AA im talking about a widely known easy to access and cheap place to go to get help and improve your current life with the addition of the people having that same mentality to help.

Not a great idea. Not only who is paying the bill on these places/facilities, but doesn't it sound like a re-education camp?

Another fix would be for the worlds leaders to promote peace 100% and to give and take like any marriage is supposed to be handled. For example instead of America either pushing its warning or ignoring a threat from North Korea, communications MUST be open. If someone wants to fight you, WHY would you ignore the problem and say hes a scum of a person I wouldn't waste my time talking to him. Well talking to him might get you out of a mass killing situation.

Hmmm, history shows that appeasement doesn't work all the time. Google "Prime Minister Chamberlain" for that answer. If this happens as it has historically, your theory falls into dust.
Hint:
See Neville Chamberlain

Now imagine a Utopia society or the closest thing we can get to it. Do you think a terrorist or angry person would still commit to mass killings and terrorism?

Yes. Because we are all individuals, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, goals and needs. You can never satisfy everyone with a single solution. At some point, you will need to take from one to give to the other...and your theory falls into dust.

What if that someone does not want (or cannot due to religious reasons) hug. Will you force your hugs upon them....at which point your theory falls into dust.

top topics

join