It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY State Police hates SAFE ACT, doesnt want to enforce it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
In a release from the NYS PBA:

Our membership holds widely shared concerns of this new law. Additionally, we believe that actual enforcement of these new regulations will significantly increase the hazards of an already dangerous job.

The individual members of this union did not write the terms of the bill nor vote on its passage. We urge the citizens of New York State to remember that Troopers are simply tasked with the lawful mandate to enforce the laws of the State, regardless of their personal opinion of such laws."

Funny how politicians like to surround themselves with police on stage when signing their tyranny into law a bunch of other cops come out shouting "whoa buddy, this # isnt cool with us."

Link to report

Link to press release

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow that press release is awesome
I hope they repeal this backwards law; how can anyone expect evil-doers to abide by it!?

They aren't going to stop and think to themselves, "Hey, I'm going to go on a shooting spree at the local mall, I better make sure I have exactly 7 rounds in each of my magazines though, you know, because I wouldn't want to violate the SAFE act!"

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Not only wont criminals abide but even if a cop believed in the SAFE Act and really wanted to enforce it with all of his being how the hell do you?

It's 100% unenforceable.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's nice to see some common sense still alive and well in at least one part of NY st.

Couple that with today's failed background check amendment, I believe I can smile

new topics

top topics

join