It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From the "foot in mouth files" - Peter Hansen, calls women by vulgar name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Peter Hansen, a senator from New Hampshire used the word vaginas to refer to women in an e-mail sent out on the official legislative electronic mailing list. You would think that a state representative would have enough sense not to use such offensive language in an official e-mail. In fact, I would hope that he would have enough sense not to use it in private conversation as well.

SOURCE

Peter Hansen, New Hampshire Lawmaker, Calls Women 'Vaginas' In Email To Colleagues

State Rep. Peter Hansen (R) made the comment, first reported by New Hampshire political blogger Susan the Bruce, in an April 1 email debate with colleagues about a "stand your ground" gun bill. Hansen's colleague, Rep. Steve Vaillancourt (R) had delivered a lengthy floor speech about the benefits of retreating instead of using deadly force, to which Hansen replied in an email:

=======================================================

Text in question...

What could possibly be missing from those factual tales of successful retreat in VT, Germany, and the bowels of Amsterdam? Why children and vagina's of course. While the tales relate the actions of a solitary male the outcome cannot relate to similar situations where children and women and mothers are the potential victims.

======================================================

Hansen's comments are particularly bold in New Hampshire, the only state with a female governor and an all-female delegation to Congress. The speaker of the state House and the chief justice of the state Supreme Court also are both women.

edit on 17-4-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I can't believe he is actually defending his use of this term to refer to women.
So I guess it's ok if I refer to him as a penis?
Fair is fair.
Like I needed something else to piss me off today.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Peter Hansen ?

Don't you mean open mouth change feet ?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The word "vagina" is proper. I rarely use it at home because I rarely find an event where referring to it by its proper name is appropriate.

But what this elected official was doing was using hyperbole. He wasn't actually referring to women as "vagina's", but instead using that sexual organ that is unique to women to signify what he was talking about.

Kind of like when the Army guy refers to men as "swinging d$*%'s". It is hyperbole. And exquisitely poor choice of hyperbole at that.

Typical politics: mischaracterizing events to score extra "gotcha" points. Problem is, it only fires up people who already agree with you, while those who disagree make excuses.

It is all the political debate has become: likeminded people pointing out things on "the other side" while ignoring "their side" doing the same thing.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The old guys brain couldn't keep up with his mouth. These representatives take their power for granted, they get to complacent and confident, and than the slip of the tongue exposes their true self.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

But what this elected official was doing was using hyperbole. He wasn't actually referring to women as "vagina's", but instead using that sexual organ that is unique to women to signify what he was talking about.

I think we all know the word Rep Hansen wanted to call women and it's the vernacular of vagina.

The GOP does seem to want to alienate women if this is any indication: And without them the GOP just slipped into obsolescence.

edit on 17-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Need I remind people of Bill Maher, and Ed Schultz ?

There are people on both sides of the aisle that use not so nice words to describe women.

True Story.

Back to Bash Hansen.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by neo96

Bill maher did not use the word to describe 'women' as you say.

He used it specifically to describe one woman in particular. Ann Coulter.
Perhaps he said it about Palin too, but he usually just calls her a dummy or something. Not because she's a woman, but because she is very unintelligent and says extremely unintelligent things.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Peter Hansen ?

Don't you mean open mouth change feet ?

And that makes him and Biden brothers in a way.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Need I remind people of Bill Maher, and Ed Schultz ?

There are people on both sides of the aisle that use not so nice words to describe women.

True Story.

Back to Bash Hansen.

I was not aware Bill Maher was an elected official? Look, if Maher, or Hannity, or Beck, or Limbaugh, or Maddow want to use disparaging language, they can deal with what comes.

When it is an elected official (and recently it seems old GOP members who can't figure out they look like giant douche bags) don't realize the damage they are doing not only to their re-elections but to the way their entire party is perceived, there is something really wrong going on in their heads. It's the primary reason the GOP was destroyed in the most winnable election in recent memory, and they have apparently learned nothing about how the public perceives calling women "vaginas", rape "legitimate" or "gift from God rape" or any number of other completely clueless statements.

I get it. Biden is an offender as well, but ultimately, every vice president I can remember was a foolish tool of a Gilligan side kick. Name them off. Biden, Gore, Cheney, the idiot under Bush Sr. who I can even remember anymore, the list goes on.

IF the GOP thinks they can continue to allow old white guys to be openly offensive towards everyone except the hardcore right wing voter and win, they are going to have a really bad mid-term election and possibly a really bad 2016. The swing voter isn't having any of it, as was very evident in the 2012 elections.

top topics

join