It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

CNSNews.com) – Only 4 percent of Americans think guns and gun control are an important problem facing the country, according to Gallup, and far more Americans are concerned about the economy, unemployment and the federal debt

cnsnews.com...

Link to Gallup : www.gallup.com... =morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines%20-%20Politics

What?

That is not what the pundits on tv, and those law makers are telling me. They say the "majority" overwhelmingly support new gun legislation!.

4% of Americans polled say they have other things to worry about.

Jokers to the left of you Jokers to the right of you stuck in the middle we all are.

What say you?

edit on 17-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
"My house is on fire but I really need your opinion on which shade of green to paint the kitchen."

Is where at least 95% of all the governments time is spent.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yes, we need to address Public Education (or lack there of), Economy, Budget, etc.

Last on the list is taking away Constitutional rights of americans, yet that seems to be first on the Government agendas.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Or in other words:

When presented with a list of 16 pressing concerns, Americans ranked gun control at number 9 which made it less important than healthcare (ranking 5 out of 16) but more important than welfare (ranked 12 out of 16).

Thanks for sharing the info!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
From the defeat of today's bill...

The NRA has said an expanded background check system would be the first step toward a national gun registry and therefore a violation of the constitutional right to bear arms.

Manchin and other supporters rejected that claim, noting the compromise amendment prohibited a national gun registry and criminalizes misusing background check data for that purpose.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid warned Republicans that the strong majority of Americans who support expanded background checks won't forget votes against the Manchin-Toomey compromise.

"The American people ... have a long, long memory," he said.

Yes, yes we do Manchin...but only those of us who are pro-gun. The liberals rarely do and run off to some other non-effective cause. But, rest assured, come re-election time, we're going to look at the voting record and oust anyone who voted for this crap bill. Of course, already, the NRA is going to court your opponents anyhow...

Strong majority? The majority of the American people don't even care about this issue....especially the non-voting ones.

edit on 17-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
4% of Americans polled say they have other things to worry about.

I think you meant to write that 96% of Americans said that they have other things to worry about.

edit on 17-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by neo96

I think you meant to write that 96%of Americans said that they have other things to worry about.

Yeah I did thanks.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wait so the politicians and media talking heads are lying to me!? Man my whole world view is shattered!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Not surprising. Most statistics can be skewed one way or another, depending upon ones agenda.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Geez, according to the MSM and social media, you'd think it would be much higher that that!

That's all you hear about lately, gun control gun control gun control. They did only survey 1,005 adults though, I feel that's probably not enough to get a truly accurate number.

Dissatisfaction with the government ranks pretty high on there too

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have never bought into poll results as they are usually commissioned with the express purpose of creating a designer result.

It's like the tail wagging the dog; if the media says a poll reports that the majority supports a certain thing, the public will then try and get in step with the rest of the nation whether they agree or not. This pretty much sums up how people are anyway; disconnected and fairly controlled by what other people think... and think of them based on what they think.

*sigh* If this current culture/society/government had been alive on 7 December 1941, we could have never won that war.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Seeing as how I just listened to Obama not even 30 minutes ago ranting and raving because his gun control legislation did not pass when according to his numbers over 90% of the American public supports more gun control legislation I guess they had to come up with some kind of poll really quick that they could publicly misinterpret so they can say that Obama wasn't out and out lying about the numbers. Like we're too stupid to know that if it really had 90% support it would have passed without a hitch. Obama and the MSM take us for fools!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by neo96

We all know that this issue somehow needed to be addressed immediately following the murders of the kids. It's just a natural reaction to try and prevent something like that from happening again obviously.

For the most part, I would have to agree with the poll. Only the most politically active person would actually be concerned with gun control. Most everyday people have bills and kids and dogs and cars and jobs and bills and kids and bills. Jesus I hate bills.

Anyway, yeah we all get sucked into drinking the soup of the day, but in the end......are we really concerned with half of the crap that the 24 hour news cycle spits out? Our bills still arrive and they take center stage.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

We all know that this issue somehow needed to be addressed immediately following the murders of the kids

That dog don't hunt because of another hot topic that is well known to all. Gun control has nothing to do with the kids. and everything about power, and control.

The simple fact their raison de etre for politicians to make people think they can't live without them which is why they will only offer regulation to any probelm.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by neo96

At the same time I can say that Wayne La Pierre and all the Senators who vota against dont give a rats ass about the 2nd amendment either. It has nothing to do with a well regulated militia or a right to own a firearm at all.

What theyre really fighting for is the right's of the gun manufacturers. The ones who fund the NRA and the only ones whos benefits are really be looked out for in government.

Sure it's easy to yell about the 2nd amendment, but if you actually believe Wayne LaPierre and the congress really care about it, you're seriously deluded.

In the end, it's still not an important issue with me. It does not interfere with my life in any significant way. The goverment will continue to not represent those who elect them, and only to those who financially back them, and my bills still come.

So what's the difference?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Funny how people love a poll that says what they like, but poo-poo the poll that contradicts them.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Which means polls are pointless.

Polls are like top ten lists. People with IQ's in the 70-80 range love to make them. People with IQ's in the 40-60 range love to read them. People with IQ's in the 10-30 range love to argue about them.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

At the same time I can say that Wayne La Pierre and all the Senators who vota against dont give a rats ass about the 2nd amendment either. It has nothing to do with a well regulated militia or a right to own a firearm at all.

Is to me

What theyre really fighting for is the right's of the gun manufacturers. The ones who fund the NRA and the only ones whos benefits are really be looked out for in government.

Lot of people fund the NRA nice for the corporate attack on there which is par for the course considering the back ground of the anti gun crowd.

Sure it's easy to yell about the 2nd amendment, but if you actually believe Wayne LaPierre and the congress really care about it, you're seriously deluded.

Don't really care what La Pierre says never been one to put others beleifs above my own.

In the end, it's still not an important issue with me.

Sooner or later they will people don't have a right to their guns, they don't have rights to their money, but they have all those rights to other corporate products that the anti gun crowd think people just can't live without.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Funny how people love a poll that says what they like, but poo-poo the poll that contradicts them.

news.yahoo.com...

Really 90% of Americans support having to beg permission of the federal government for the right to own a firearm?

REALLY?
edit on 17-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by kaylaluv

Which means polls are pointless.

Polls are like top ten lists. People with IQ's in the 70-80 range love to make them. People with IQ's in the 40-60 range love to read them. People with IQ's in the 10-30 range love to argue about them.

Pssssst -- don't tell the OP that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join