It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate blocks deal on gun background checks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Burr Amendment did NOT pass...Veterans who've suffered PTSD can still own and buy guns...

It's getting nasty on the floor....

Des

edit on 17-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Is there a link to a stream for this, if not what channel?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

C-SPAN2 Live Stream

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
In the midst of a Terrorist crisis, the GOPNRA managed to stand up for Gun Terrorism.

And their opposites continue to stand up and use mental terrorism

edit on 17-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Havox

C-SPAN2 Live Stream

Thanks

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeQuebec86

You won what ????

Won the right not to beg the Gestapo for permission to own a firearm.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
Once again, USA look stupid xD.

Right-wing maniac said : We won !!!

You won what ????

For doing nothing ? Now everybody can still have ASSAULT weapons without intense background checks ?

Once again, USAers are sheeps to Gun Lobby...

Here people talk about Illuminati and sh*t. But WHEN REAL conspirational lobby are putting REAL MONEY for their cause ( That KILLS PEOPLE, gun = make to kill/hurt badly ). You people embrass them.

Lol USA Fail again...

Somebody looks stupid.... you got that part right

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
One thing that ticks me off more than anything is all these people telling me what I can and can’t do with my guns and how I should buy them when they themselves have absolutely no idea how a gun operates and what the process of purchasing one is. Educate yourself first before you even try to state an opinion based on nothingness.

We seen this before with the Nazi book control/burning all they can do is judge books by their covers.

Ticked off?

Rightly so.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Glad to hear these misguided gun control bills are being flushed down the toilet. You can't fix problems with banning stuff or going after the law abiding. You can change how mental health issues like schizophrenia are handled by the current NICS system, which as you may know, I have spoken about before. Current law says that if you have been adjudicated mentally ill you cannot purchase a firearm. The problem is with diagnosis and the fact that those records don't show up after completing ATF form 4473 and sending it off to the Feds for review. That needs to change. Banning my rifle, or the size of my magazine, or pistol grips does NOT address these issues. They are not the core of these issues. Regardless of what restrictions you put on law abiding citizens, criminals and the mentally deranged will still find ways to kill. Be it with a gun, a knife, or a baseball bat.

Don't punish me for the actions of psychos and criminals. I am neither. I am a son, a husband, and a father. I am thoughtful, compassionate, and kind. I am a soldier and I am a professional. I believe in, and will defend, the rights afforded to me by my humanity and legally protected by the Constitution. And there are many millions just like me.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
All amendments failed.

Margins were still too close.

Leahy/Collins Amendment, FAILS 58/42
Feinstein Assault Weapons Ban Amendment FAILS, 40/60
Burr Amendment FAILS, 56/44
Lautenberg / Blumenthal Amendment FAILS, 46/54

Unfortunately so did the two that would have removed the "gun free" zone crap and mandated national reciprocity as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
All amendments failed.

Margins were still too close.

Leahy/Collins Amendment, FAILS 58/42
Feinstein Assault Weapons Ban Amendment FAILS, 40/60
Burr Amendment FAILS, 56/44
Lautenberg / Blumenthal Amendment FAILS, 46/54

Unfortunately so did the two that would have removed the "gun free" zone crap and mandated national reciprocity as well.

Unlike the Potus I don't see them failing is shameful in the least exception for those last 2.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
As of this afternoon. All 7 of 9 gun control amendments, voted on today, went down to defeat.

Final 2 out of 9 gun control amendments will be voted on tomorrow.

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Do you know which two are being heard tomorrow?

ETA Found them:

On Thursday the Senate will vote on an amendment from Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) that would withhold federal funds for states that disclose gun owners’ information and an amendment from Sens. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) and Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) that would expand federal mental health programs, including in education, suicide prevention and trauma centers.

Read more: thehill.com...
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

edit on 17-4-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

IDK...will try to find the 2 Bill names and post.

ETA: saw you found them...thisguyrighthere You Rock...

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Where is this 90% of the nation wanted this figure coming from?

I know that's probably true for my democrat friends from NYC or California. However, being from the deep South, locally, I don't know anyone in favor of this, except for one nurse, who seems to be very afraid of guns and thinks making them illegal will make them some how go away.
edit on 17-4-2013 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

American politics has little to do with fact, but perception of fact.

So where did that 90% come from?

Their rear ends like much everything else politicians say.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

I know that's probably true for my democrat friends. However, being from the deep South, locally, I don't know anyone in favor of this, except for one nurse, who seems to be very afraid of guns and thinks making them illegal will make them some how go away.

From some dark nether region of some Democrats...well...errrrr...nether region.

Then it got passed around on FB like candy at a kid's party....It's a *viral* number not based in actual real data.

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Harry Reid on Senate steps crying that the Senate let all those poor dead little children down. that 90% of America wanted this to pass to protect their children...

Harry is still speaking and has repeated 90% at least 5 times...so far...UGH!

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Harry Reid on Senate steps crying that the Senate let all those poor dead little children down. that 90% of America wanted this to pass to protect their children...

Harry is still speaking and has repeated 90% at least 5 times...so far...UGH!

Des

I want to ask Reid how a background check could have stopped Newton.

Oh thats right Lanza didn't even bother.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Dancing in the blood of the dead is so caricature at this point I fully expect to see Budweiser or Pepsi commercials telling us that dead children would want us to buy their product.

"Think of the children" is an automatic BS alert regardless of the context.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

As of this afternoon. All 7 of 9 gun control amendments, voted on today, went down to defeat.

Final 2 out of 9 gun control amendments will be voted on tomorrow.

Des

I do believe they have realized the degree of anger means we won't forget so quickly on this one. If any of these pass, senators and Congressmen WILL lose their elected offices over it and ONLY over this one issue. They throw around the term 'litmus test'. Well....This is one of the clearest. It's nice to see they're paying attention for a change.

Obama isn't up for reelection so it's easy for him to dump on those who are. The people aren't on-board across the nation as a whole....and the representatives followed that as they are SUPPOSED to, eh? Nice to see it work just once in while. Even if fear for their own job security is all which likely did it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join