It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate blocks deal on gun background checks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Voting on Feinstein Bill to ban assault weapons and large magazines now...40Yes 60 No Final vote.

Harry Reid did vote yes on this one....

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

Not scared literally, I probably should have said scared of where it's going to end up because if the place catches fire I'm gonna have ten thousand bits of lead to dodge. By all means send someone by, it's all very legal and locked up in a gun safe.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
Wait for propaganda. It's going to be how evil the Senate is for not passing this.

Wait?

It's already right there in the quote in the OP:

...dealing a blow to the core of legislative efforts to curb massacres

Not only is it propaganda, it's overt brainwashing.

If you are against this legislation, then you are for the massacre of innocents.....

If you are not with us, then you are with the terrorists....

edit on 17-4-2013 by HIWATT because: size

edit on 17-4-2013 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
New vote coming up Burr Amendment to require a court to decide if returning Veteran who has been treated for PTSD, can own a gun. Chuck Schumer is speaking for it....says returning vets should not have guns, they are mentally unstable.

Whaaaaa??????

We ask them to go fight for our freedom with a gun, then tell them they got too messed up mentally doing that, to own a gun when they come home....unbelievable....

Des

edit on 17-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In the midst of a Terrorist crisis, the GOPNRA managed to stand up for Gun Terrorism.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
New vote coming up Burr Amendment to requires a court to decide if returning Veteran who has been treated for PTSD, can own a gun. Chuck Schumer is speaking for it....says returning vets should not have guns, they are mentally unstable.

Whaaaaa??????

We ask them to go fight for our freedom with a gun, then tell them they got too messed up mentally doing that, to own a gun when they come home....unbelievable....

Des

Oh, the logic..

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yet the most popular job for returning vets is beat cop. Go figure.

If Schumer really believes his nonsense he'd be fighting to fire half the cops on the street.

Of course he doesnt believe his own nonsense. None of them do.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Yes sir. Listen to what the White House has, and will be pumping out because of this.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Once again, USA look stupid xD.

Right-wing [snipped] said : We won !!!

You won what ????

For doing nothing ? Now everybody can still have ASSAULT weapons without intense background checks ?

Once again, USAers are sheeps to Gun Lobby...

Here people talk about Illuminati and [snipped]. But WHEN REAL conspirational lobby are putting REAL MONEY for their cause ( That KILLS PEOPLE, gun = make to kill/hurt badly ). You people embrass them.

Lol USA Fail again...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
High Fives all around!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Obama is on my tv now giving a speech, with the footer "US Gun Laws; Obama: This was a pretty shameful day for washington" - It's 7:52AM - In Australia. This has been my morning news for the last 10-15 minutes. WHY?!

I'm actually one of the few people I know that believes you guys should be able to have your guns, You have laws/constitutions set in place, that as an Aussie, I don't quite understand, but it's obvious gun problems aren't stemming from registered owners, nearly as much as illegal weapons, much like over here with our registered guns.

But the overwhelming feeling I'm getting of this speech of his, is that he's so annoyed that this thing didn't pass that he's trying to word it as in 'I'll find a way to do it anyway, because I want it'

link   
reply to post by FreeQuebec86

And, pray tell...what is the policy in YOUR country...do you even know? Or do you just like coming into threads to trash my Country...you obviously know nothing about of a political nature....

Des

link   

Isn't Canada now changing it's registry requirement?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I see what you did there, you replaced the word "rights" with "terrorism"...

Thank goodness you still have the Terrorism to Free Speech

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
Obama is on my tv now giving a speech, with the footer "US Gun Laws; Obama: This was a pretty shameful day for washington" - It's 7:52AM - In Australia. This has been my morning news for the last 10-15 minutes. WHY?!

I'm actually one of the few people I know that believes you guys should be able to have your guns, You have laws/constitutions set in place, that as an Aussie, I don't quite understand, but it's obvious gun problems aren't stemming from registered owners, nearly as much as illegal weapons, much like over here with our registered guns.

But the overwhelming feeling I'm getting of this speech of his, is that he's so annoyed that this thing didn't pass that he's trying to word it as in 'I'll find a way to do it anyway, because I want it'

Don't let the Right Wing fringe fool you.

This was never going to infringe on anyone's rights. No database of gun owners was going to be created and no Gun confiscation was going to happen either.

This was simply aimed to making it more difficult for individuals with mental illnesses and criminals to buy guns.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86
Once again, USA look stupid xD.

Right-wing maniac said : We won !!!

You won what ????

For doing nothing ? Now everybody can still have ASSAULT weapons without intense background checks ?

Once again, USAers are sheeps to Gun Lobby...

Here people talk about Illuminati and sh*t. But WHEN REAL conspirational lobby are putting REAL MONEY for their cause ( That KILLS PEOPLE, gun = make to kill/hurt badly ). You people embrass them.

Lol USA Fail again...

I take it you have never bought a gun. EVERYONE who buys a new gun gets background checks. Whos the sheep now?
edit on 17-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

"We may consider common-sense changes to ensure that law-abiding firearms owners are not treated like criminals," Julie Carmichael, a spokeswoman for Public Safety Minister Vic Toews, said in an email Monday Read more: www.ottawacitizen.com...

Well, seems things are a changing.

Wendy Cukier, president of the Coalition for Gun Control, said in an interview that Canada is the only industrialized country outside of the U.S. that has relaxed its gun control laws in recent years. Read more: www.ottawacitizen.com...

www.ottawacitizen.com...
edit on 17-4-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Burr Amendment did NOT pass...Veterans who've suffered PTSD can still own and buy guns...

It's getting nasty on the floor....

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
One thing that ticks me off more than anything is all these people telling me what I can and can’t do with my guns and how I should buy them when they themselves have absolutely no idea how a gun operates and what the process of purchasing one is. Educate yourself first before you even try to state an opinion based on nothingness.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Didnt you know that complete and total ignorance is a prerequisite for wanting to ban, confiscate or otherwise regulate a thing?

No one who knows what they're talking about ever supports regulation or prohibition. Only the ignorant and fearful do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join