It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 additional US troops to Jordan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wonder if there will be intervention

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I mean they are surrounding Syria so yeah

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theuppergots3
I mean they are surrounding Syria so yeah

No. The one thing that should be clear to anyone is how hard the US and the West has gone out of their way to not do anything in Syria. How many times have the been handed a reason good enough and they just keep on talking and not acting. If the West had any interest in acting in Syria they would have done so along time ago. They do not and I think it is unlikely anything will change their mind.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm aware of some pretty large deployments to Jordan for training in the past. I never did one there myself, but know lots of guys who did, it would've been as a battalion sized or larger Task Force of Combat Arms Troops. These folks would have been in regular front line combat units and there would have been 1200 or more of them there for a month and a half at least. Joint exercises with Jordanian forces get much bigger than 200 troops.

More interesting to me than the raw numbers of troops is where they are coming from. Ft. Bliss was (and probably still is) the home of the US Army's Air Defense Artillery (ADA) Branch. I watch deployments from there as they would be one of the first groups mobilized if there was a danger of short-medium range missiles from a belligerent nation being uses. I believe Ft. Bliss is the only place in the US that has Patriot Batteries.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join