It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston terrorist attacks good vs evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
With all this nonsense going around about the Boston terrorist attacks, about good vs evil, about how there are more good people than evil people, I have decided to explain here that there are no goo or evil forces in man or in the universe, there's only cause and effect, natural laws, vibrations.Good and evil are just ideas interpreted by the mind of man. When a person acts in a way that we interpret as evil it's because that person's mind is in a weak un resourceful state, meaning that he interprets things in a certain way influenced by outside sources and he's a person that does not know how to direct and manage his states of mind, but has nothing to do with being evil.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

Very well said,

S/F however maybe in the philosophy and metaphysics board would have been more appropriate,

How and why humans perceive good and evil is a discussion that will last as long as humanity will,

Duality is what makes this so.

Those that stand on the side of good or those that stand on the opposing side will never know what unity means and what most philosophies teach as enlightenment or understanding of one purpose and being.

edit on 17-4-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't think that anyone is entirely good or evil, I think rather that we are all on a spectrum. Everyone has bad in them, even if it is just thoughts that they don't act on. Most people do act on it though. Everyday they do at least one thing that hurts someone else, even if the other person is just colateral damage.

That is why I just roll my eyes at the SnF hores declaring absolute shock at the behaviour of normal human beings.

Boston was an evil act though. It may even have been commited by a guy that at one time would have done anything to help.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

You and I can agree to disagree on some of what you have said.

There are some people that were born evil...they like to do evil; it is their pleasure.

Then there are people who are total goodness; it is their pleasure to do and promote goodness in this world.

Then there are people who are somewhere in the middle.

People make conscience choices daily to do what is right or what is wrong.

I will not make excuses for truly evil people; they know who they are; and they enjoy destruction; it is their conscience choice.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by frankky
When a person acts in a way that we interpret as evil it's because that person's mind is in a weak un resourceful state, meaning that he interprets things in a certain way influenced by outside sources and he's a person that does not know how to direct and manage his states of mind, but has nothing to do with being evil.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to help sleep at night, bud.
If you choose to believe that those who commit atrocities we deem 'evil', simply 'do not know how to direct and manage their state of mind', I don't know what to tell you.

People are not all good/all evil, yet we are capable of being either, both, or neither.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - Alfred

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I used to try to be good all of the time. Even when people were vindictive and spitefull (as most can be).

Not anymore. I have snapped FFFFF anyone that hurts me again. F Boddhidharma, F Jesus, F Confucius. I'm not listening anymore.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onami

I used to try to be good all of the time. Even when people were vindictive and spitefull (as most can be).

Not anymore. I have snapped FFFFF anyone that hurts me again. F Boddhidharma, F Jesus, F Confucius. I'm not listening anymore.

Then you beat yourself.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Right and wrong is relative to the observer and will occasionally change in time.

Good and evil are the same.

For those that say a person is evil for what they do is judging blindly the same for the opposite.

We exist in a linear time where there is a future we are yet to experience, what is said to be evil at one time could be perceived as good at another by the same observer after the fact that more information has has been observed.

What if an evil person in your eyes was doing evil acts from your perspective but believed what they were doing to be righteous and in the name of good from their own perspective.

All I'm saying is we do not know what is in the mind of another, what has lead them to a certain moment, so to make judgements about them being good or evil should be left to God especially those that believe or not be made at all because it just exposes how sick humanity is, we must judge others by their actions and words is a sickness and if not kept at bay will create a pandemic of wrong doings like we see in today's world. We all suffer from it but can keep it concealed so as to not spread to others, its a virus like selfishness and greed are being judgmental.

Some of whats written will sound ignorant from certain perspectives but I hope I get my point across

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

No one hurts you unless you allow yourself to be hurt.

Pain and emotions are used to control us as a society, learn to control your emotions and no one can hurt you.

Do not listen to the external, yes tell it to F off, listen to yourself, your inner self even if its confusing and sounds like there's many of you residing in you, your inner voice will become clear and be the only truth you can trust.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

IE, I know what you are saying is true.

I keep trying to get back to where I was (content, sometimes happy, always a walk over.)

I used to live in a city where people kept themselves to themselves so they would rarely test me. I am living in a small valley community now and am considered rude if I do not answer very private questions. There is also the issue of a close relative acting town crier with all of my personal info.

I have lost my ability to fight to be myself because the ante has been upped and my personal power is down.

I hope to get back there again, but for now I am an animal, lost and confused.

Thank you for your insights.

top topics

join