It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HazMat Called to Sen. Cornyn's Dallas Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hi

Just saw this pop up

A hazmat crew has been called to Senator John Coryn's Dallas office to inspect a piece of mail..

Wow they are mailing this stuff everywhere I'm gonna start opening my mail with a little more caution wtf
live video at the link
www.nbcdfw.com...

HazMat has been requested at the Farmers Branch office of U.S. Senator John Cornyn due to a suspicious substance.

edit on 17-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

eta

At 2 p.m., Dallas Fire-Rescue said they are in the process of testing the package to determine if it's hazardous and that, so far, all tests have come back negative.

DFR said two people were exposed to the package while checking the mail, but that no one was showing any signs of exposure to hazardous substances

edit on 17-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Several news agencies reported that a man was in custody after officials found he had a backpack filled with sealed envelopes and was delivering them to lawmakers' offices in the Hart Building.

link

Take it for what it is worth. Our fourth column operating with their standard procedure. You know, throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I guess the security is super-duper tight at the Senate Office Building. (per Granted Bail's link)

The dude's just walking around, hand delivering a backpack full of sealed envelopes....

When we have already learned that all the mail addressed to members of Congress is irradiated and inspected before it comes to them through the US Postal system.

There is just so much wrong with so many of the stories that we hear any more.

edit on 17-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
When I worked for immigration in Dallas, any mail that we opened that had anything weird on it: Food, grease, powder, or even snot, the entire place shut down, the desk where the mail was cordoned off including the poor employee, and HazMat was immediately called. We would evacuate the building, the HazMat dudes would come in, collect the evidence, and do a quick test, while the unfortunate employee sat there crying and shivering in fear.

It's standard operating procedure, but I think these stories, just like after 9/11 with the anthrax envelope stuff, are happening too quickly. We're all in a tizzy, while the really bad things are happening right under our noses.

Distraction.

top topics

join