It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CISPA just Passed... Forget about Anonymous hacking you, your own government now can.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Dont worry. Obama said he'd veto it just like he did the NDAA. Oh, wait..

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Reports coming out now that CISPA has passed the house. if this is not vetoed kiss any ounce of online privacy you thought you had good bye.

Right to privacy?

Since when?

People act like they have right to privacy they have not had that for a long long time.

Long before the Patriot Act financial records,transactions,background checks,credit checks, and the list goes on.

In the current state of the union how anyone thinks right to privacy, then turn around and tweet,and post their entire lives on facebook, and twitter.

People Big Brother has been watching you for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

you have become a communist, in case you were not aware. The govt is the authority and the people are subjects to be controlled, is the philosophy you are advocating.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ok found what I was looking for
HR 164 - Y227 N192
About

Number:
House Vote #109 [primary source: house.gov]
Date:
Apr 17, 2013 (113th Congress)
Result:
Passed
Related Bill:
H.Res. 164: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 624) to provide for the sharing of certain cyber threat intelligence and cyber threat information between the intelligence community and cybersecurity entities, and for other purposes.
Introduced by Rep. Rob Woodall [R-GA7] on April 16, 2013
Current Status: Reported by Committee

This was a vote to pass a bill or agree to a resolution. This resolution sets the rules for debate for another bill, such as limiting who can submit an amendment and setting floor debate time.

From Thomas info

But is this a bill only to open up debates on HR624 ?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree with you, nobody that have an account in facebook or tweeter can complain about losing their privacy, they gave it away willingly when they sign up to the so call "social media".

Still, we all have given away our privacy when we opened up accounts with the corrupted banking system, give away to easy money with credit cards and loans.

We have given everything.

We have an illegal government that is corrupted by private interest where laws are passed to benefit those that pay the whores we call politicians to pass such laws, surveillance is not done by government entities but contracted away by private interest groups, our security is now in the hands of corporate groups in the surveillance business they are the ones that have bought and paid for that right and our for the once people government has sold it to them

Wake up America is not big brother the one watching us but private corporate America and the elite that bought us all.

edit on 17-4-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

It's a law to allow for the consideration of new laws?

Was consideration against the law?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

From what I'm reading it looks as if it (the one passed today)
is asking for limited amendments and limited time (5 min) for debates on hr624 (cispa)
before hr624 is voted on

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
reply to post by Bleeeeep

From what I'm reading it looks as if it (the one passed today)
is asking for limited amendments and limited time (5 min) for debates on hr624 (cispa)
before hr624 is voted on

Yea Evil, I'm reading mixed reports now too... One stated it passed, another said they are voting again tomorrow (but will likely pass)... confused for sure

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You know... I don't like these bills...AT ALL

But it makes one wonder

(And I'm just trying to be the "silver lining" kind of guy I am by nature here....)

That at the end of the day... this stuff gets passed from a witch hunt for stupid software piracy, doesn't actually do much good anyway because you can't arrest the whole population... like many laws these things rapidly become outdated, no one in law enforcement pursues anyone because Hollywood and the music industry realize they get tons of FREE promotion anyway as the Old die and the young take over studios....

And when said and done...and over... all looking at everyone's facebook and e-mail does is catch hardcore criminals (the only ones the cops have time for anyway) and hand politicians demographics as to what people really give a flying frack about leading them to pander more to the public's actual desires for election purposes...

I mean really... Today even the Marijuana debacle is slowly going away... witch hunts are never more than a generation. (sucks to be a witch while happening) but really... In the end what are the teeth here? Financial priority seems to always win out (in the long haul) over special interests

MJ... the war on dope took it's first step forward to misery in the 80's... on it's death bed as we speak...

America is a nation of historical witch hunts some last longer than others

I think this one dies quickly because, well.... the next 20 years sees a lot of old people die...and a lot of young in charge by demographic.

All this is the height of senility in the voting population and within business... I try not to get too upset because realistically we are the apex of a generational swing.... the worst this stupidity gets, but time is on my side here.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It wasn't ignored because of the tragedy in Boston on Monday. The same people that fought it before, fought it again and are still fighting it.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Didn't it die in the Senate?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Didn't it die in the Senate?

Die in teh Senate?

There's an expression you can't use anymore if this passes

Imagine Federal Prison?

What are you in for bub? "Extortion and Racketeering"

How about you?

"They took me out of Context"

LOL... sick sad world

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just got the word from a local liberty group:

"Your action or inaction will determine whether CISPA passes or fails. Members of Congress can be persuaded if they feel pressure from home. We're voting early on Thursday. Have you contacted your Representative?

It passed in committee, and the vote mentioned was a procedural resolution to allow debate on the actual bill, H.R. 624.but is headed to the floor tomorrow AM. Still time to do some barking.

cei.org... +%28CEI.org+%7C+Featured+Articles%29
edit on 4/17/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

For all the Representatives who are for this bill, I honestly and i mean honestly wonder if they believe they are speaking as the "voice" for the majority of their people....Who is pro this? What citizens are screaming in the streets for this to happen?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

For all the Representatives who are for this bill, I honestly and i mean honestly wonder if they believe they are speaking as the "voice" for the majority of their people....Who is pro this? What citizens are screaming in the streets for this to happen?

None that I know of and for this reason you may want to make a mental note of how your representative voted for the next election cycle.
edit on 4/17/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is one way they will weed out the resistance when they start putting the smack down on us with the NWO final implementation.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by jhn7537

With respect, surely if it can help solve crime and prevent terrorism, the average law abiding citizen has nothing to be afraid of ?

So if I am an 'average law abiding citizen' why the heck do they need to watch me?
edit on 2013/4/18 by Metallicus because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Respectfully, to help identify criminals and terrorists. If you are a law abiding citizen,
they will not bother you.

If you've nothing to hide, Is it really too big a price to pay ?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
A million square foot data collection center, built in the middle of the desert, with at 2 billion dollar price tag...

www.wired.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Will the passing of this bill have any negative affect on me as an Australian citizen? Just wondering, and thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join