It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CISPA just Passed... Forget about Anonymous hacking you, your own government now can.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Reports coming out now that CISPA has passed the house. if this is not vetoed kiss any ounce of online privacy you thought you had good bye. I'm seeing it trending all over Twitter right now. Looking for a legitimate source to confirm...

More details to come...

#EndCISPA is trending on Twitter now, you can find info on there too...

CISPA is a huge infringement on that freedom, as well as rights and privacy. I would request contacting your local Representatives or anyone to try to put a end to this...

Strange thing is that the Boston bombing happens, takes the nations attention, and then this passes through the house with no one paying attention... Strange, right???

Edit- I may have jumped the gun with my original post/title... I have been reading conflicting reports now, stating that the final vote will be completed by tomorrow... I guess just like the Boston suspect, no one has a real clue to what's going on... I keep reading it passed, and then I keep reading that the final vote is tomorrow, but it looks like it will pass... Hard to say what's real and what's fake right now. I apologize if my original title was wrong.
edit on 17-4-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yep, everyone was too busy distracted by the latest tragedy.

What needs a smoke screen to pass this week.

Knew this would happen, one more nail in the coffin of privacy.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

What?!! Yay! More laws, more rules, more regulations. How grand
I hope that those who vote this in know what they're getting into. Hopefully it will be used against them as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Let me be free, I'll take care of being safe.
edit on 17-4-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Did you think the government built that data gathering facility in Utah for nothing? Of course they were going to pass this bill.

The government is like a magician, they get you watching one hand, while giving you a good hard goose with the other......it's called misdirection.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I don't know about this - I'm asking. Can they "hack" your bank accounts and take what they think they should with this act?

Is it "haircut" time for the US?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Obama needs to veto this bill... If he does one thing this term, it has to be this.. Politicians know nothing about technology/Internet. But they will go to great lengths to control what they do not understand.

link   
reply to post by jhn7537

With respect, surely if it can help solve crime and prevent terrorism, the average law abiding citizen has nothing to be afraid of ?

link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by benrl

I don't know about this - I'm asking. Can they "hack" your bank accounts and take what they think they should with this act?

Is it "haircut" time for the US?

It means from this day forth, act as if everything you do on the internet, every link you click, Big brother is watching, And they don't have to hide it anymore its the law of the land.

link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Doesn't it have to pass the Senate now? That is my understanding of how legislation is passed in Washington DCeit.
edit on 17-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: missing word

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by jhn7537

With respect, surely if it can help solve crime and prevent terrorism, the average law abiding citizen has nothing to be afraid of ?

What happens when questioning your government becomes "incitement" of terrorism, what then, whats the line, the 4th amendment exist for a reason, just apparently not on the internet anymore.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

I agree with you to a certain degree... Yes, I have nothing to hide, but it's the principle of it all. Its just one less right we have (or restricted, better yet)... This country was founded on freedom and rights, and slowly they're all being stripped away in the name of national security... By doing this, we are letting the terrorists win..

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by jhn7537

Doesn't it have to pass the Senate now? That is my understanding of how legislation is passed in Washington DCeit.
edit on 17-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: missing word

Why did i sleep through my US Govt. class Sophomore year??? haha

I wish I had the answer to that, but it seems that MANY are raving about this on twitter and other social media sites..

Edit- upon further checking it goes to the Senate now and then needs to be signed by Obama...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

reply to post by jhn7537

I agree with you to a certain degree... Yes, I have nothing to hide, but it's the principle of it all. Its just one less right we have (or restricted, better yet)... This country was founded on freedom and rights, and slowly they're all being stripped away in the name of national security... By doing this, we are letting the terrorists win..

I couldn't disagree more, the government has Zero right to look at me or my doings with out probable cause. Ive done nothing wrong, and have nothing to hide, so the government better damn sure not be looking into my affairs.

Its called the 4th amendment, and we have surrendered that right so that the cowards in this country can feel safe from the bogey men the government sells them on a regular basis.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Where is this news coming from?

I have not found anything yet on this even on the senate.gov site

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Seems to be getting more and more of a dictatorship over there by the month...That's your country, the majority do not want it - yet it has been passed. Now, you going to sit there and let this happen, or are you going to do something?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

LOL. Yeah I was sleeping or absent. I only learned that later on in life when I finally became interested in politics. Don't feel bad

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
R 219 yea, 4 nay.
D 8 yea, 188 nay.

Looks like it won't pass the Senate.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
do you have any links. of this information?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just like the other shell game resolution that will never pass the house...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

<<   2  3  4 >>

join