It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe The US Was Wrong To Quit The British Empire?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We all know that America fought a war of independence to break away from The British Empire. However was that the right thing to do?
Other former British Colonies that didn't fight a war to leave the Empire are now better places to live than the US.
Of the top 10 countries to live in 5 are former British Colonies that didn't break away through war. Here is the list:-

www.huffingtonpost.com...=1815103

Of the top 10 cities of the world to live in 8 are in countries that where former British Colonies that didn't break away from the Motherland through war. Here is the list:-

www.telegraph.co.uk...

It makes you wonder does it not?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Now there's a solution to our social and economic instabilities I hadn't considered. Let's just tell Britain we want to get back together

We'll have a few too many drinks at Applebee's one night and call them around 1:30 AM and leave a rambling message about how we really regret all those tea parties and declarations and whatnot and how we've really grown and if we just had one more chance we could totally be happy together

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It shouldn't come as a surprise that anything thats worth fighting over, is worth having and does well whether won or lost over time.

The more wars, the more prosperous the land is. I don't know if thats 100% accurate but it definitely seems to be.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is assuming absolutely nothing else changes, right? As though America hasn't had anything to do with the rest of the world since its birth?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, considering that we are connected at the hip, go on all our wars together, and the fact that Will and Kate are equaled only by Brad and Angelina in terms of celeb power...

I'd have to say we are by default rather British still.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If you ask real nice we may have you back...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I notice Britain isn't in the top ten either ....Oh the irony

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

The point i was trying to make was that maybe The US broke from The British Empire too soon. It had not had long enough to have nurtured to become independent.
Country's such as Canada, New Zealand Australia etc become developed country's under British rule before they gained independence.
There is an old saying "Don't run before you can walk"

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Britain wasn't a colony was it?

2nd

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

"Give me control over a nations currency, and I care not who makes its laws.”
Baron M.A. Rothschild

Now check out the banker meeting on Jeckyll Island that went down in 1913!!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

2nd

No but it's a top 10 of the best countries to be born in , the former colonies are there but their former colonial master isn't .....Sad , Broken Britain .

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

2nd

No but it's a top 10 of the best countries to be born in , the former colonies are there but their former colonial master isn't .....Sad , Broken Britain .

Britain's children are doing well (Well some of them anyway)
However the parent is getting a little tired and weary.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

your use of rather most certainly came across as rather british, what?

now while i dont really think empires are a good thing, and we slaughtered more than our fair share of johnny foreigner, took as much shiny stuff as we could and loved hooking the chinese on opium... i think, in fact i may be fairly sure that we were overall the most benevolent empire of the lot.

huzzah for us!

ETA: without the british empire, "Zulu" would never have been filmed either, i cant begin to imagine that

edit on 17-4-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Imagine, the US could have had a real royal reality TV family instead of the Kardashians.

All that unfortunate TBN religious circus probably wouldn't have happened and been exported to fleece the poor in Africa, because there would have been a dignified Saxe-Coburg Gotha "German" Queen as the head of a dignified Church of England.

Distant relations to the Bush clan and British royalty would not have to be denied or downplayed.
Instead the Queen would have treated the Bush Presidents as very naughty boys, similar to Prince Harry (no overseas draft dodging for the spares in the family), and George W. Bush would have been sent to private elocution lessons.

edit on 17-4-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

"Give me control over a nations currency, and I care not who makes its laws.”
Baron M.A. Rothschild

Now check out the banker meeting on Jeckyll Island that went down in 1913!!

Yep, and check out the other powerful men who died on the Titanic who would of likely opposed the Federal Reserve...

Titanic
Three of the richest and most important of these were Benjamin Guggenheim, Isador Strauss, the head of Macy’s Department Stores, and John Jacob Astor, probably the wealthiest man in the world. Their total wealth, at that time, using dollar values of their day was more than 500 million dollars. Today that amount of money would be worth nearly eleven billion dollars. These three men were coaxed and encouraged to board the floating palace. They had to be destroyed because the Jesuits knew they would use their wealth and influence to oppose a Federal Reserve Bank as well as the various wars that were being planned.

Edward Smith was the captain of the Titanic. He had been traveling the North Atlantic waters for twenty-six years and was the world’s most experienced master of the North Atlantic routs. He had worked for Jesuit, J.P. Morgan, for many years.

Longshot but nothing would surprise me with those psychopaths.

new topics

top topics

join