Everlasting happiness can only come from within... The world of physical things always change...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

1 enjoyed the positive read arpgme
and the logic is understood.

In essence it is like saying that as long as some or 1 know that within them/thy-self, that if the happiness factor is based on what is in direct influence of them/thy-self Internal BEYOND the physical, that there is chance for "less" conscious discomfort from losing the Constant happiness if many or 1 look internal and seek constant happiness or reasons to remain happy or POSITIVE from internal based INTEREST (like liking to be about STS for ex. or just liking to see others happy or co existing in peace) as opposed to seeking happiness from exterior based interest that may be out of some or 1z control @ times that can be distorted and manipulated. Which inturn can and does cause an inturruption in the happiness factor as these external physical based interest are modified/manipulated over periods or times from just time passing or direct negative manipulation..

This is a type of approach to finding a CONSTANT PEACEFUL happiness if that is what is seeked. Constant, due to less physical based obstruction and or derailing of the seeked or attempted constant happiness. Less because you recognize THINGS PHYSICAL CAN CHANGE BUT WHO YOU ARE INTERNALLY IS UP TO YOU and so no longer are outside components in the physical able to lower your frequency as you no longer base you happiness on those components only or things seen in the physical.

Due to no longer ATTACHING HAPPINESS only to External physical related influences that may go on around a CREATOR Creation or CREATOR Creation Group(S) that @ one instance can generate massive amounts of positive or happy energy but can in the very next moment began to cause a saddness if the External Physical attachment is somehow inturrupted or derailed & negatively influenced. "WE" began to not be consciously destabilized from external functions outside of what internally DRIVES our INTENTS and Conscious activities-beliefs.

Very nice read & thank you for taking time to share arpgme, as said there IS logic within the OP for many to process, keep up the good work.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
So when entire villages are destroyed by a virus which leaves only a few alive due to proper genetic mutation you claim it is love and light by which they survive?

I'm not a big fan of word salad, and its hard to understand what your saying when you use Deepak Chopra woo woo, so could you use more reasonable terminology?

I'll try, however, the types of ideas upon which I speak do not lend themselves well to language in general, because language is somewhat limited in it's ability to express that which transcends all things.

However, I will say that when I speak of Love and Light, I am speaking of these things in a very different way than you may know them, than most people conceptualize them, I am speaking of them as very basic, or primal, if you will, creative principles of the Infinite All That Is (Some people like the term "God").

We shall attempt to expand.

The consciousness that you share with all others who are self-aware is one.
It is the consciousness of the Creator.
It is the consciousness of complete and unconditional love.
It is not love as known to the poets who speak of romance.
It is not the love of brother for brother.
It is not the love that is sentimentalized in valentines tied up with ribbons, gifted with pretty gems.
This is a love that creates and destroys.
This is a state of aliveness and endless potential.

I realize that you as an individual will most likely not choose to accept these ideas as truths at this time, and that is fine, you may continue creating your own belief and your own reality at this time, and in doing so, you are exercising your ability as an infinite creative entity, a piece of one, a spark of consciousness. We are glad.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ive been struggling with this awhile, trying to breakthru

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Thoughts and beliefs are physical? You can hold and touch one? I don't think it is the case that the "internal" that I am talking about is physical... not physical in the sense that you can touch and hold it...

Thoughts appear and disappear in the space of awareness - so I would say that thoughts are of the apparent physical existence.
If you are relying on 'happy thoughts' to make you happy then you are still relying on 'something' to make you happy.

Find what the thoughts appear in and you will find that your true nature is happiness.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Everlasting happiness can only come from within...
The problem is, nothing in this world is constant.
reply to post by arpgme

See a conflict of thought here?

You are right that nothing in the world is constant. That also goes for humans and human emotions. Happiness cannot be everlasting; we simply aren't designed that way.

If you want go with your premise that being good and kind and caring can make happiness last a little longer, yeah, I can agree with that. A little longer, however, is not everlasting.

You are right when you say 'nothing' in the world is constant. The world is constantly changing - the appearance is moving and changing - it is never a solid form.
However - the space the appearance appears in/on never changes.

Look at it this way - the movie on the cinema screen consists of moving colour and moving patterns but does the screen it appears on ever move or change? The screen is not noticed when the moving patterns are on it but it is ever present.
If the screen was not present prior to the moving pictures the image could not appear.
The screen is the one constant but it is not of the world of movement and change.

When the unchanging (one constant) is found beneath the apparent (constantly changing) image then the glory of god shall be revealed - unconditional love will be found to be what this apparent existence is made of.
edit on 19-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You know what happiness is? The absence of sadness.
Now that may sound rather simple at first, but let me explain.

Your happiness is merely satisfying conditions within the mind which you have decided define happiness. The Buddhists say that "Life is suffering", which they are true about. To live, is to desire, is to lack, is to be unhappy.

If you remove the internal conditioning within your mind, the definitions and filters which shape YOUR existence, then you will see the truth of both yourself and the universe, you will achieve a state of pure happiness and neutrality. We are born into a life of dualism, black/white, happy/sad, life/death. You can shed that, of course, this also means removing "the self" and realising that you are in fact, not a sum of your thoughts. Once you become aware of yourself, the self working.. your consciousness begins to work in the now, you live with your thoughts still, however they operate in tandem with a higher level of awareness. You become the master of yourself. That, is happiness, for you are free of the definition of happiness and just become it.

The German/ Canadian spiritual teacher, motivational speaker, and writer Eckhart Tolle writes about the ego in his book A New Earth.
"The extent of the ego's inability to recognize itself and see what it is doing is staggering and unbelievable. To become free of the ego is not really a big job but a very small one. All you need to do is be aware of your thoughts and emotions – as they happen. This is not really a 'doing' but an alert 'seeing'. In that sense, it is true that there is nothing you can do to become free of the ego. When that shift happens, which is the shift from thinking to awareness, an intelligence far greater than the ego's cleverness begins to operate in your life. Emotions and even thoughts become depersonalized through awareness. Their impersonal nature is recognized. There is no longer a self in them. They are just human emotions, human thoughts. Your entire personal history, which is ultimately no more than a story, a bundle of thoughts and emotions, becomes of secondary importance and no longer occupies the forefront of your consciousness. It no longer forms the basis for your sense of identity. You are the light of Presence, the awareness that is prior to and deeper than any thoughts and emotions."

Link: Wikipedia

edit on 19/4/2013 by LilFox because: Fixed formatting

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I completely agree, TC. My challenge in life is what to do when the internal parts of me are miserable and broken feeling at times, too. But yes, any joy I do find definitely emanates from within, especially from love for others and life.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
"Everlasting happiness can only come from within"
I'll second that for sure. it makes total sense.
Not sure why so many people seem to be unaware of such an internal process.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I'd say that "happiness" is a byproduct of wisdom. Inner realizations -> wisdom -> ecstatic living. That, and some brain chemistry.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Happiness is state of mind. Some people are happy constantly just because they're alive and some people have everything, they love and they're being loved but it's not enough. Harder life makes you live in the moment and often live in blissful ignorance and rich life is leaving you unsatisfied as long as you're not shown more meaning of everything and most people never are. But it's not like that in general, material things are often irrelevant to being happy.

I live average life and I'm not happy. I wouldn't be happy even if I had more money, there's something in me that makes me constantly unhappy and worried. If I'm too busy working and giving exams, I'm stressed and I don't see point in doing that and if I take a week off I feel empty because I'm not moving forward in life. I need to preoccupy my mind with something to forget about my life completely. It's mostly events of 90% unpleasant time and 5-10% good time spend with some friends, food and sleeping. But that's like few hours per week, I'm not even happy on free Sundays because I'm left alone with my own mind being worried, not moving forward and thinking about how everything is pointless.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by creativespirit

The thing in you that makes you unhappy is the thoughts you have. Have you noticed that they never give you any rest? Thought will constantly tell you that 'this is not enough' - you feel lack. Life would be so different if those thoughts, those beliefs, would just go away. When it is recognized that thought is what disturbs you then one must investigate what 'thought' is. One cannot stop thoughts from arising but one can see the thought arise and maybe challenge it.

This lady, Unmani, can help you investigate what thought is and when you get the joke of thought, life will become so much easier and lighter.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by cartesia

Im talking about starvation... diseases... being #^&$ing hunted by god damn tigers.

For you to just generalize ALL suffering as internal is very frustrating. If your idea of suffering is dropping your $^&%ing iphone in the toilet, we are not talking about the same thing.

To find value in pain is not the same as happiness. I personally think that happiness and contentment are temporary states that result purely from ignorance and apathy.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

physical pain is not suffering. physical pain is a nervous response just like sight. sickness is only a problem in your mind if you dont want to be sick - are attached to certain ideas. you *choose* to let the things you see bother you psychologically, you choose to let your nervous system bother you pschologically. It takes more time to train because its been a part of your life for so long to accept it as unstoppable. If you dont understand this I can point you to some very good talks on the subject that take alot more time to explain.
edit on 23-4-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

perhaps your idea of happiness involving ignorance is because the only time you're not attached to something is when you're unaware. apathy leads to happiness because you dont let the outcome bother you. this is unattachment.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join