It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“They can give me a cavity search right now and I’d be perfectly happy,”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just caught this and decided to read between the lines a little. That's what we do right?

news.nationalpost.com... Barack Obama said the bombings were an act of terrorism, but investigators do not know if they were carried out by an international organization, domestic group or a “malevolent individual.” He added: “The American people refuse to be terrorized.”

I don't know about this statement at all because it seems that people have been terrorized into submitting to any and every type of assault on their person, freedoms and liberty....for safety. And this will certainly lead to even more Orwellian measures.

Or maybe the terror isn't from outside? Maybe it's from the consequences of NOT bending over. Terrified of being detained, held without warrant, assassinated from above? Please keep in mind that this extends to a large portion of the World where people are 'Terrified' of being stopped on the streets and do whatever it takes to go on their way without incident.

Seems to me that there is a lot of terror going on. I know that if I was stopped on the street, hauled into a black van, told to strip and grab my ankles, I would be terrified.

And yet...

news.nationalpost.com...

“They can give me a cavity search right now and I’d be perfectly happy,” said Daniel Wood, a video producer from New York City who was waiting for a train.

If you weren't terrified, would you submit to a cavity search on the street? And at that point of detainment, who are you more afraid of?

hmmmm....Nope. No terror here. Just doing his part. A true Patriot...oops, can't use that word anymore either...My bad.

I have to end this on a note to say that it does seem lately there are a lot of people watching the States and what is unfolding. Many of us stand with you and understand what is REALLY going on and want to assure you that we understand who the REAL terrorists are. And it's those individuals that many are afraid of.

So, stand tall and be assured that many around the World stand with you.

Peace

edit on 17-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well you know how the saying goes, giving up liberty for security and all that...

Watch what happens to the availability of gun powder in the near future, and ammo for that matter.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well, if he or she is in New York, the police will be happy to comply.

Its called "stop and frisk".

They can stop anyone, anywhere, for any reason, no probable cause.

Its called the "new freedom", Bloomberg style.

edit on 17-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Well you know how the saying goes, giving up liberty for security and all that...

Watch what happens to the availability of gun powder in the near future, and ammo for that matter.

I believe we all see what's coming. And the ammo/gunpowder confiscation act isn't far behind IMO.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I've already seen posters on this very site say things about how we need more regulations, more officers, more alphabet organizations, more searches, etc etc.

So if folks on here don't mind more control, you can bet the average joe does'nt either. All in the name of "For your safety!"

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I would opt for the same as you my friend. There comes a point when life isn't really life anymore. Shamed submissiveness is that point for many.

Wait until they decide what age is exempt from stop and frisk. 10? 8? 3?

Peace
edit on Wed Apr 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Funny weren't there just threads about the children in Florida made to write pledges to give up their freedom for safety...

We all see whats on the agenda.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Funny weren't there just threads about the children in Florida made to write pledges to give up their freedom for safety...

We all see whats on the agenda.

Yup, and those threads just kind of petered out with Boston on the Front Pages.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Cavity search might be too much, although in some cases it should be needed, for example when the person has clear sign of doing drugs, smells like weed or is acting very suspiciously. I know it is subjective although it often is the only of finding the illegal weapon/drugs, whatever like that. It is a dilemma though, as there is no way to measure the persons suspiciousness, it is just subjective.

Some might disagree with me, although I have even seen people also whining about nightclub bouncers having too much rights. It is not cavity search, just patdown and if they feel something suspicious you have to empty pockets or leave. Every woman must empty/show the inside of her purse before entering. Perfectly logical for me, although some argue with even that.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
Cavity search might be too much, although in some cases it should be needed, for example when the person has clear sign of doing drugs, smells like weed or is acting very suspiciously. I know it is subjective although it often is the only of finding the illegal weapon/drugs, whatever like that.

LOL, so if I like to like plants on fire then I should get cavity searched?!?!

Glad you aren't making the "bend over" rules, otherwise I would never leave the house.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
Cavity search might be too much, although in some cases it should be needed, for example when the person has clear sign of doing drugs, smells like weed or is acting very suspiciously. I know it is subjective although it often is the only of finding the illegal weapon/drugs, whatever like that. It is a dilemma though, as there is no way to measure the persons suspiciousness, it is just subjective.

Some might disagree with me, although I have even seen people also whining about nightclub bouncers having too much rights. It is not cavity search, just patdown and if they feel something suspicious you have to empty pockets or leave. Every woman must empty/show the inside of her purse before entering. Perfectly logical for me, although some argue with even that.

Who is to say what the reason is for search?

A drug dog smells your hamburger and alerts. Search.
An officer says your eyes are bleary even after you state you have eye drop medication. Search.
You are acting suspiciously? Overly Happy? Depressed? Crying? Search.

So if any of this is ok, then just search anyone.

A nightclub is completely different. You have the CHOICE to refuse and leave. Try that with a Jack Boot on the street.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The spontaneous cavity search is funny, ask the two women in texas about it, but it does bring up a key point.

The most secure places in the US are prisons, where, inhabitants are subject to a cavity search at any moment. Each prison secures the prisoners from random folks entering and prisoners leaving. Each prison has cameras, ID's for inmates and workers and each prison is set up to secure the inmates.

So, are prisons safe? Are prisons the safest place in the US to be?

Does making the entire US more "prison like" make it as safe as a prison?

If the goal is to make sure each and every person's actions, words and presence is accounted for, just like a prison, we can deduce that prisons must be the safest places on the planet for everyone involved. In fact, based on the goal of total control just like a prison system, we can clearly see that no prisoner or worker has ever been hurt in the safety of the prison and such a system is perfect for keeping everyone safe and secure. Right?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Not trying to be funny, but what do they plan on coming for after that?

Cleaning products, fecal matter and urine ?

That stuff can be used to make explosives also. It's all a sham, if someone want's to make a bomb nothing can stop them.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Nothing would be better than if people were able to approach being searched with an erection and a sheepish smile.

Why should they not feel a little uncomfortable with the situation, too?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The idiot obviously doesn't understand how a cavity search is conducted.

The "man" is a complete ignoramus.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123143
The idiot obviously doesn't understand how a cavity search is conducted.

The "man" is a complete ignoramus.

I'm sure he must know because of how long it's been an issue with the DHS at airports. How can anyone NOT know what a body cavity is?

Unless he thinks it's a dental check up. If that's the case then he needs to find a new dentist.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I saw your title and immediately thought of Howard Stern

When the TSA started up way back when, him and his group were commenting about going through the searches, and lining up again and again, "'cause it was so enjoyable"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join