It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military helicopter crashes near North Korean border during joint exercise with South

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

US military helicopter crashes near North Korean border during joint exercise with South

www.news.com.au

The helicopter, identified by the Yonhap news agency as a UH-60 Black Hawk, came down in Cheolwon county, which touches on the border with North Korea, a defense ministry spokesman told AFP on Tuesday.

The precise cause of the crash was not immediately clear, but the incident occurred during ongoing South Korea-US joint military exercises.

Yonhap quoted emergency rescue workers as saying the 12 service personnel on board the helicopter had survived the crash, which comes at a time of heightene
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I think this happened on the same day as the Boston bombings so might have been lost amongst the news reports of the day. There's not been much exposure on this story.

There's a bunch of questions that i have about this. How did it crash? Was it shot down? Who were the 12 military service men and whats happened to them? Was this really a simple exercise or was there something more to this that they are not letting on about at this time?

Are the people who were in it really ok or is this Black Hawk Down all over again?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
been up for a while sry
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Oh well , it didn't show up on the search. I think you can have the same story in BAN and one other forum, if not the mods will close im sure

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It wasn't a Black Hawk, it was a CH-53 out of Okinawa.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It wasn't a Black Hawk, it was a CH-53 out of Okinawa.

Maybe you would like to bring some more to the table than just a 1 line statement? You are an experienced contributor to ATS.If you have some info and links or even reasons for your thoughts then please share

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Oh let's see, there's EVERY news article posted except for the initial Asian ones. There's the photographic evidence that doesn't even come close to a Black Hawk, but matches a CH-53 perfectly. Them there's the military statement. So sorry to not live up to standards while posting on my phone.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

As always Zaphod58 its a pleasure discussing anything with you

It does make me wonder if there has be some kind of coverup of what really happened. If the initial reports are different from the current reports there might be some shadowy reason for it. Lets face it , if there was something more shady going down they would try to cover it up and they would produce very good evidence to support the cover story.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You know, sometimes things can be said in one sentence.

Or, the initial reports were just wrong. No cover up, just a rush to print and they got their facts wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Maybe, but i think this has all the makings of something shady gone wrong. Even more so now that you have mentioned that there are conflicting news reports.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The media is both lazy, and quick to report. I've heard so many conflicting reports when it comes to plane crashes. Last year in Yemen they reported three different types of planes before they got it right. And they've put all kinds of pictures for the crashes that aren't even close. Like the Black Hawk in Turkey that crashed in November, and had a picture of Mi-35 Hind E debris. Or the jet that crashed that showed a picture of a C-130 flying.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I do understand what you are saying, the media want to be the first to bring news and get things like this wrong. I guess its the whole 'exercises' things along a sensitive boarder involving 2 governments who are very likely to be up to shady business that make me wonder if there is more to this story than the report have confirmed.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It appears that winds may have played a role. A firefighter on the scene said that there were strong wind gusts in the area around the time of the accident.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Im guessing they must have got there pretty quick to send fire fighters rather than just an extraction team. Thats unless these were local fire fighters.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

They were local. The bomb range has a fire fighting team (they all do) after some wildfires were started by simulated bombing missions.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Ok that makes a lot more sense

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
How embarrassing this crash is, I'm sure Kim is so like "I told ya so"; and spouting about how Korean stuff is "flawless" and all.

new topics

top topics

join