It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Fukushima Flushing Radiation Into The Ocean??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
ATS member MariaLida posted this NOAA Sea Surface Temperature Anomaly Map.

Can anyone interpret it? I'm thinking they are flushing with ocean water and then back into the ocean.

Help?

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think they are still leaking a bit. Nothing to worry about......There will be mermaid sightings in that area in a few years.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Has radiation, and a lot of it, not been flushed into the ocean from that location for two years now? You may be puzzled by the chart, but the thread title is old news.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I'm actually asking for an explanation of this information. I think the Japan anomaly started in March of this year.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinder
I'm actually asking for an explanation of this information. I think the Japan anomaly started in March of this year.
You mean the little red dot off the east coast of Japan?

You referred to a temperature chart, not a radiation chart.

Nuclear power plants in operation do produce excess heat, and used fuel also produces excess heat which is why it's cooled in cooling tanks after use. In relatively small bodies of water like rivers, the temperature increase from the excess heat might be a threat to fish or other life in the river. However, the Pacific ocean is so large, and has so many currents near Japan, that I doubt the temperature anomaly is the result solely of Fukushima, though it could be one small contributing factor among many others.

It's probably a result of ocean currents failing to make temperatures uniform, and if you look at this current map you can see why this might happen:

www.seos-project.eu...

See the spot where the Ovashio current loops arount to the north, and the kuroshio current comes up from the south? The "hot spot" is between those two, which might explain why the temperature can be different.

Similarly, look off the coast of Newfoundland, and you see something similar where the labrador current meets the gulf stream and there is another hot spot there similar to the one near Japan.

The pattern of ocean currents is a much more likely explanation of the anomalies than excess heat or radiation from nuclear power.

Regarding the title of your thread, seems like you should have said "heat" instead of "radiation" since you show a temperature chart. There's no doubt Fukushima has contaminated the ocean with radioactivity, and some particular fish collected near the accident have shown high levels of radioactive contamination.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinder

That high temp. is most likely coming from the melted core. Fukushima gives off a extremely high temp. Currently, I am wondering if they have started dumping radioactive water into the Ocean again due to the out of control water storage issue. They seriously have no place to store all that water and the storage they did set up is leaking and they cannot find where the leak is coming from. The IAEA is currently in Japan doing damage control.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I really appreciate your indepth reply. However, how do you explain the fact that this map does not show that area that hot at any other time in the past? Same season in different years, for example?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
reply to post by TheFinder

That high temp. is most likely coming from the melted core. Fukushima gives off a extremely high temp. Currently, I am wondering if they have started dumping radioactive water into the Ocean again due to the out of control water storage issue. They seriously have no place to store all that water and the storage they did set up is leaking and they cannot find where the leak is coming from. The IAEA is currently in Japan doing damage control.

I really suspect that they are using ocean water to cool and are recirculating it back into the ocean also.

Gross.

join