It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a database of government wrong doing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
On conspiracy sites like ATS, people are often accused of Paranoia simply for asking questions about the government. But it seems to me that the people who either refuse or are unable to ask questions and refuse or are unable to see the forest of proof of government wrong doing, those are the people who suffer from a mental disorder.

In ducks we know about the phenomenon called imprinting, which refers to a mental process causing anything moving during a critical time in its infancy, the duck will consider its parent. In humans there is an analogous though more subtle mechanism that causes humans to believe in the religion of their upbringing. This is the only logical explanation for why 99% of the parents of more than a billion catholics in the world today were also catholics. And a similar statistic is true for most other religions worldwide. Sometimes this mechanism is referred to as conditioning.

The same process of imprinting or conditioning works with regards to the government. During our upbringing we are taught that our government is good, it helps and protects us. We also observe often evidence of this being the case, when we receive benefits from the government, when we see that its rules protect our health, etc. As a result we have the same firm belief in the government as we do in our religion.

But while religion acknowledges that it is based on faith, not on verifyable evidence, the government requires to be obeyed, not because of faith, but because of its claim of altruism, that its rules are for the best of the community. This is not proof of altruism though because whatever it givess to one it has to take from another. The government itself does not sacrifice anything.

When we analyze historical evidence critically, it is also positively confirmed that the claim of government altruism cannot be supported.

Unfortunately, due to the imprint or conditioning that government is good, the general public is incapable of such critical analysis, IMHO. Whether this is considered a mental disorder, a weakness, or simply natural, is another discussion. The point here is that the imprinting makes the objective, critical analysis impossible.

Fortunately, there are many intelligent observers, who dilligently write about the problems created through secrecy, in particular secrecy in the federal government. People become gradually more aware of many totally foolproof pieces of evidence of the federal government's nefarious acts.

However, our memory is short and all the relevant details risk being lost to time. My question: How can we rescue those details? How can we establish a database that people can refer back to in the future? Or does such a database or historical archive already exist?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Awesome topic!

I'm not sure if there is such a database, but if there isn't, there should be; and i'd be willing to help set up something like that.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My best guess would be google and blogs
There are lots of people out there who write about government conspiracies and crimes.

I've compiled a list of 19 proven and bad looking actions from the government. Is it something you would like me to send to you?
edit on 17-4-2013 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would, most definatly. Government hides to much from us. I'm a firm believe in: A people shouldn't fear it's government, a government should fear it's people.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There is one... It's called ATS

Oh and great topic. But i guess someone out there is creating one or thought about it at some point!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY
There is one... It's called ATS

Oh and great topic. But i guess someone out there is creating one or thought about it at some point!

ATS has lots of info. But its a forum, not designed for easy access of data. I was hoping for a Wiki version of conspiracy data.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thinking, I like your analogy with the government's good guy image imprinted on young human minds like ducklings following anything that moves. Young minds are impressionable and we are purposely programmed from preschool through college using age appropriate programing.

A database of government "wrong doing" would probably end up being a list of grievances. I'd like to see an essay on proven illegal acts committed by our government through out our history as a country. In all probability, it would be as long as a book or two.

IMO many of these acts would have been committed against the Native Americans before and after they were conquered, but I'm sure many were against it's own citizens and are on going in all cases.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

There are enough data, history and evidence of all governments wrong doings,lies and flaws all over the world.But the fact is that a child is not comfortable with admitting their parents criminal behavior,so they mostly rather deny the accusations and turn their head the other way simply because they are too helpless and vulnerable without their parents identity and support,unless of course they are very self oriented individuals and have enough experience and resources to live by their own....And then there is national pride issue involved as well,..so this is a very complicated and touchy subject to say the least.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
There are a couple of databases,one is listed as amendments to the constitution and the other is called recently passed bills.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

IMO many of these acts would have been committed against the Native Americans before and after they were conquered, but I'm sure many were against it's own citizens and are on going in all cases.

Yes, not surprisingly, they don't call that one a "genocide".

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur

There are enough data, history and evidence of all governments wrong doings,lies and flaws all over the world.But the fact is that a child is not comfortable with admitting their parents criminal behavior,so they mostly rather deny the accusations and turn their head the other way simply because they are too helpless and vulnerable without their parents identity and support,unless of course they are very self oriented individuals and have enough experience and resources to live by their own....And then there is national pride issue involved as well,..so this is a very complicated and touchy subject to say the least.
That is why education should not be government sponsored. Unless people want for their children the comfort and pride more than a real education.

There is enough data but, as an example, the Connecticut school shoorting Sandy Hook, there seem to be many inconsisitencies but I don't know what they are. It would take me dozens of hours to find sources that are reliable and that has data combined in a concise readable fashion. I, and I believe many people, don't have enough time to do the necessary research for that.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjsr420

I would, most definatly. Government hides to much from us. I'm a firm believe in: A people shouldn't fear it's government, a government should fear it's people.
Yes. Fear in the sense as any employee fears his boss. An employee who does a poor job can get fired. This requires transparency. And it requires that the government does NOT have
Monopoly of weapons,
Monopoly of money,
Monopoly of services necessary for survival (like water and energy).

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Not that hard to find a WIKI on the web.

Here you go

rationalwiki.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Yes there is. Two of them actually. One is at the Vatican and one is under the Sphinx...
Sorry. I couldn't resist.

I don't think there is a database anywhere in the world that would contain every single screw up our government has made. It would be too risky I would think, but they have been known to go above and beyond normal human ignorance at times. As for "known" screw ups I am not sure there is just one single database for that, It would be nice to look at it if it were.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc4denmark

Not that hard to find a WIKI on the web.

Here you go

rationalwiki.org...
Thanks for the link. It has the format that I had in mind. The topic is not exactly what I wish it would be but it is close enough to have many items of interest to me (and I would imagine to many ATS readers).

top topics

join