It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor blames Boston attack on gun culture: ’2nd amendment must go’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by fairguy

Gay marriage is right. 100% right, and we should be ashamed of ourselves for not making this the national standard of acceptance.

For the exact same reasons, personal liberty, gun ownership is right too. And, just like being gay, i understand it isn't for everyone. But gun ownership is for me. Why would you want to infringe on that right any more than you would want to prevent gay people from finding their own personal happiness via marriage?

Something that you may not consider: if guns are outlawed, it will only make me a criminal. I am going to own a gun regardless of the law. What good does this do anyone?

Because gay marriage doesn't believe that every problem in the world can be solved by simply shooting whoever disagrees with it... And if you choose to own a gun when (not if) it is outlawed then yes, that would make you a criminal and does no good to anyone whatsoever.
edit on 18-4-2013 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

There is no higher form of patriotism than civil disobedience, to disobey unjust laws.

Gun ownership is not akin to solving problems by shooting them. That is gross mischaracterization and lie. Is that how you roll?
edit on 18-4-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Originally posted by rickymouse
So a guy who hosts a sport show that have people banging heads, beating up the opponents, and other crazy violent things wants people to give up gun rights to stop violence?
I guess he is an expert at promoting violence so he should know.

There is a big difference between people willingly competing in a violent sport, and people out to do their shopping having to stand in line beside someone with a loaded gun in his/her pocket. Quite a huge leap there really.

What is wrong with standing next to someone with a loaded gun? How does it cause any harm that isn't derived solely from the mind of the person choosing to be their own victim?

If it is concealed carry, which is a requirement in most states (very few open carry states out there), then they wouldn't even know.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
And getting rid of guns would have prevented the bombing how

He does realize there was no guns involved in the marathon right?
I hope he is faced with a life or death scenario and see how he protects himself and his family. I bet he would wish he had a gun then....Hes an idiot, I never liked him anyway

Well, Thats what his character would do in any movie requested of him

The most badass gun strapped grenada vet ever to have walked the planet.

Sell himself out in a heartbeat to walk the roads of those mighty elite.

What hood does he live in I wonder?

edit on 18-4-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well, that's one actor who's movies I will avoid.

If everyone followed suit, we'd see if this 90% number everyone's trying to cram down my throat is 'real' or not.
I don't think it is.

The constitution stands. With support if need be.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
SH! the more we talk about him, the more interest he gets.

SH!

"Jay who?"

"Sorry- I dont know who you are talking about- he sounds like an actor in struggle."

You know what needs to stop- Letting morons speak to the masses.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

The Kernel agrees but alas ATS is for everyone.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I think you are too kind to call him a "has been" more like a "never was"

I guess he thinks if they take away the guns, the bomb makers will feel safe enough to not make bombs anymore?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

If the gov. or anyone attacks the people we will be defenseless
reply to post by Casualboy100

Not that hand-held firearms would be that much of a successful defence...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

If the gov. or anyone attacks the people we will be defenseless
reply to post by Casualboy100

Not that hand-held firearms would be that much of a successful defence...

A couple of million armed people with handheld weapons like assault rifles and grenades will make it very troublesome for them. Add some homemade bombs to that as well.

But then you would just prefer to be defenseless from the get go.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
just put this together real fast, enjoy.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Originally posted by Common Good

The Kernel agrees but alas ATS is for everyone.

Yes Kernal, sheep amongst wolves here as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with gun control. Remember 7/7 in London which were home made bombs and UK has different gun laws to US

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is just ridiculous, in that it has absolutely NOTHING to do with guns. In fact, this just proves a point that I made a while back...Even if guns were illegal, criminals would just find something else to use, and like I said, it would likely be bombs. The 2nd amendment is the only thing we have protecting us as a nation from government tyranny and hypocrisy, and that was the entire point of including this amendment in the first place. Some people just cannot see beyond what is right there.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yes, getting rid of the 2nd amendment will stop criminals from making homemade bombs and detonating them at public events. Hey, this guy IS funny!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Jay Mohr is a major friend of the Opie & Anthony Show on Sirius-XM. Anthony Cumia, one half of the radio duo, is really into guns and a major supporter of the 2nd Amendment. What's going to be interesting is seeing if Jay Mohr will still have his podcasts being played on their channel after this.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Okay I will.

He will have wrote it it a moment of great agnst.
Scenes of panic on the tv. news of bombs in a public event. people killed and injuried.
A COMMON NEWS DAY?

No I hope not. He gets upset. It is not a hard leap of logic from "we have idiots running around our coutry using assualt rifles to shoot deer and people." To the next statement "the idiots with the assualt rifles used their reloading suppiles to build a bomb"

It is not a hard logically leap to make. In my own experience the guys with guns liketo , as a hobby of course, blow thing up in their spare time.

A culture that is pro-Violence sees little difference between a gun , a machete, or bomb. They only want to see the blood.

How many people here remember when Bruce WILLIS said almost the same thing?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaxuul

Increased gun cotrol would reduce the ease with which bombs can be made.

A single .22 cartridge can be used as a bomb primer. Gun powder can be stuffed in a cooker. a timer can be made....

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSteve1234
reply to post by Shaxuul

Increased gun cotrol would reduce the ease with which bombs can be made.

A single .22 cartridge can be used as a bomb primer. Gun powder can be stuffed in a cooker. a timer can be made....

You could also use gasoline and a propane tank. There are many ways to make bombs, regulating guns wouldn't stop a person from making a bomb.
edit on 4/18/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Why would I defend him. He's wrong. There is no logic to what he's saying.

Yeah... that's what I thoguht.

Seriously though.... why the vitriol for the Pro-Gun people?

English. It's what all the cool people are talking these days.

No need to get snarky.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Everyone knows that it’s not the guy with the explosives who’s killing people, it the explosive that has miraculously made itself, put itself in a public venue, and then exploded.

Geeezzz..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join