It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd suspicious letter addressed to Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That sure doesn't surprise me. The Anthrax scares after 9/11 changed everything I think. They realized there are some things an envelope can contain to do far more damage than just one person opening it. An attack like this is a horse so far out of the barn, it's in tacos as meat and the glue factory by now. I mean, really... This has all the sophistication of a teenager reading Jolly Rogers Cookbook and going out to mail off a letter.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
I have heard from another close source that FBI and CIA do indeed routinely uncover terrorist plots and take steps to keep the public safe. They rarely publicize anything, or people would panic. Believe it or not as you wish.

I do find it interesting that they believe they are closer to a suspect regarding the ricin letters.
Can't wait to hear when they finally decide who is behind all of this.

Military friend told us on several occasions that they were quite busy catching the bad guys.
He couldn't state specifics but he did say they stopped some big stuff from going down.

And none of it was in the news.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Unless, as was said above, it was meant to send a message - then it needn't reach the President at all; he would only need to have been notified that "Sir, letters laced with ricin were sent to you and Senator Wicker" and Obama would put two and two together and see that it is a warning - maybe from the Federal Reserve, maybe from somebody else...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blkcwbyhat
a few days ago,"america's fav sheriff",Joe arpiao,was sent a mail bomb,then the marathon,now reports of up to 5 letters with ricin.Seems to be a small scale repeat of 9/11 to me.I'm sure that it will take a while to determine if it was weapon grade ricin,but even if not,where do you get ricin?

5? I thought there were only 2 cases reported? Where did 5 come from?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
When you say Federal Reserve all you are saying is the big banking institutions.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

Doesn't gold always take a dive on Tax Day, April 15th?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Well that was a clear message sent alright! I think it read something like this:

--------
Dear Secret Service Agents,

I'm too hopelessly ignorant to do anything of meaning so I send this, for your security screening to detect and intercept so we may meet and chat before you take me away to a federal prison for 25-Life on attempted use of a Weapon of Mass Destruction as well as Attempted Assassination of the President.

Yours foolishly,

Mr. Internet Warrior with an exceptionally bad idea.
--------

Indeed.. I have NO doubt the message was received and understood completely by all who needed to get it. The one sending it should get his wish for lots and lots of company in the very near future, I'm thinking.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i was just listening to BBC radio 4 news and although the headlines mentioned ricin, they went on to mention that was a preliminary test and conclusive tests would follow.

This is from bbc news :

An official quoted by AP news agency said two tests had shown positive for ricin but the results are not deemed conclusive without further testing.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So this doesn't seemed to have been proved conclusively.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Sayyyy Whaatttttt?
See and all this time I was thinking Obama was a bad guy.
Evil? I don't think so, but he is owned.

I found this video of Ben Bernanki putting a "curse" on President Obama, and claiming ownership. Be forewarned, it is very graphic.

Tell me it aint so

edit on 17-4-2013 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

Unless, as was said above, it was meant to send a message - then it needn't reach the President at all; he would only need to have been notified that "Sir, letters laced with ricin were sent to you and Senator Wicker" and Obama would put two and two together and see that it is a warning - maybe from the Federal Reserve, maybe from somebody else...

Powerful men have many enemies. Frankly I'm surprised it doesnt happen more often. One thing I do want to know is if it's connected to Boston or not. There will be difference in opinions I know, but if they are part of the same thing I think this could be the start of a bigger agenda

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I posted on another one of the Boston Bombing incident threads about a suspicious package at my school (University of Memphis) Monday morning, hours before the Boston incident. All students received text alerts staying to stay away. The building that it was mailed to was evacuated and it did make local news.

Obama receives a package.

Several lawmakers receiving packages.

The Memphis connection may be FedEx...The University of Memphis building that was shut down is near the Fed Ex building that is on the campus.

FOX/ CNN news just mentioned the Memphis incident and are trying to make possible connections.
edit on 17-4-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Indeed.. I have NO doubt the message was received and understood completely by all who needed to get it. The one sending it should get his wish for lots and lots of company in the very near future, I'm thinking.

Well if they were serious they wouldnt put anything in the letter that would identify them, but if it was some random nutter they shoud be able to trace it fairly easily

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper62

Obama,the guy in washington,the they cleared the state capital of flake and mccain,and an office in saginaw

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The initial tests prove positive for ricin

(Reuters) - A letter addressed to President Barack Obama contained a substance that preliminarily tested positive for the deadly poison ricin, authorities said on Wednesday.

News that the letter to Obama was being investigated came as a flurry of other reports of suspicious letters and a package caused the evacuation of parts of two Senate buildings and set nerves in Washington on edge.

The letter contained "a granular substance that preliminarily tested positive for ricin," an FBI statement said. But the statement added: "There is no indication of a connection to the attack in Boston," where three people were killed in bombings at the Boston Marathon on Monday.

Source

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper62

I'm sure they didn't knowingly put anything on the letter to identify themselves. Just as the bombers of the World Trade Center in 1993 didn't think there was anything left of the truck to prove THEIR truck did the dirty deed. So, they felt quite confident returning on a following day to get back their rental deposit on the very truck they used as a bomb.

No one apparently told them that VIN numbers are on more than one part ....like axles and engine blocks. One of the more humorous examples of "Did they REALLY do that??". Yup.... Thankfully for us all sometimes, criminals and terrorists really are that unbelievably dumb. Let's hope this one was too.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Actually, the message of all letters was exactly this:

"To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance." They are signed: "I am KC and I approve this message."

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

Actually, the message of all letters was exactly this:

"To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance." They are signed: "I am KC and I approve this message."

Thanks for this info. Very interesting.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Ahhh.... Indeed... I appreciate the literal text. I hope he's reminded of the words for every day of the rest of his life in a prison cell when they catch who did it. The more I considered it? WMD use is a Federal Death offense, I believe. If anything, we can hope his time to consider it will be short and miserable before being out of our collective misery.

Harming the President is utterly absurd ...but the fool could very well have harmed or killed clerks or staffers that DO handle these things as regular work that shouldn't come with a real threat of dying at work.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I read the same thing in an article on NBC news online...
usnews.nbcnews.com...

"A letter addressed to President Barack Obama and another sent to a senator — both of which tested positive for the poison ricin — carried an identical closing statement, according to an FBI bulliten obtained by NBC News on Wednesday.

According to the FBI bulletin, both letters, postmarked April 8, 2013 out of Memphis, Tenn., included an identical phrase, "to see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance."

In addition, both letters are signed: "I am KC and I approve this message."

What I really found interesting about the message is that it is actually the signature line of an existing ATS member, who's comments on the Boston Marathon Bombings I was reading. I found the signature interesting and remembered re-reading it, then instantly recognized the quote today.... VERY CURIOUSif you ask me, I am going to look but I don't recall the signature giving any reference to an original creator.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I don't get why they even bother mail gets checked offsite,there was no chance what so ever of it ever getting to Obama.

They have been screening mail for decades now.

It does get one thing however:

ATTENTION

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join