It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Hat is off to Kerry for his Concession Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just wanted to say that Sen. Kerry was very gracious in his concession speech and his call for the importance of the nation to unite behind the President reflects well on him and should be taken to heart as we move ahead in the next four years.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Agreed. Even though I'm glad he didn't win, I have a lot of respect for him right now after seeing him give that speech. I think it would be hard not to have respect for the man right now. He did what is in the best interest of the country; rather than waste millions of dollars and tons of time recounting and disputing the votes, he conceeded with courage, and I respect that.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I saw almost nothing good in that speech. The only good thing is that he said he had no chance in Ohio and he is now letting Bush win. Now atleast most liberals will not go whining Bush stole the elections.

Out,
Russian

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I agree. It is pretty evident I think that America took note of the events in Florida in 2000 and officials did their best to prevent voting irregularities. I don't believe it was in Kerry's best interest to prolong the inevitable nor would it have been in the best interest of the nation.

It is amazing to me that given Kerry's anti-war activities in the seventies, his inability to formulate and articulate a clear vision for a better America or a better approach to our war to make the world safe from terrorism, that he garnered over fifty-four million votes.

At 1752 MST last night, members of the Kerry campaign knocked on my apartment door and addressed me by name and asked if I had voted. I replied that I had, but chose not to share anymore information, even the fact that soliciting of any kind is illegal in my apartment complex. You can't say they didn't do everything they could to get the vote out.

Of course, I am heartened. I was having some real problems dealing with the prospect that a traitor might become President of the United States. You can't know what I speak of unless you are a Vietnam Veteran, but I have heard it from many, many other Vets who feel, as I do, that we left the United States and returned to a "bizzaro" United States. It took me years to put it all together that John Kerry had done more to alienate Vietnam Veterans than any one communist fellow-traveller in the world.

There is hope for America.

new topics

top topics

join