It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet Death: Aspartame Poisoning and You

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, when Aspartame was approved by the FDA many years after it was discovered as a sweetener, this man was the CEO and President of GD Searle-

Donald Rumsfeld, member of PNAC and war criminal...I highly doubt Aspartame is good for you, but feel free to ingest it if you want! I'll try and limit my intake as much as possible!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by conz1992
I'll just leave this here...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Oh, a study led by Burdock Group? I'll just leave this here...

Aspartame and Health: Independently funded studies have found potential for adverse effects

BMJ article discussing how 100% of industry funded studies show no adverse effects, while 92% of independent studies do show adverse effects. Shocking.

I'll add a link to this as well. It's talking about clinical trials and not sweeteners but the part to focus on is how negative findings are, as a rule, left out of studies all the time. I think we can draw some "proceed with caution" parallels to the aspartame debate. Money always distorts the truth. I don't think we need to debate that point.

Listen to what your body says, not the scientists. My mother gets asthma attacks every time she has even the smallest amount of aspertame. Tells you something.

Eat the real stuff or do without.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Good job on this, that article in the link has a lot of great information.

Thank you!

Will be able to flag after this post!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Very intriguing thread my friend !! I love what you've compiled, you should continue digging.. Something like this shouldn't be allowed to be put into products.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Danbones

Rubbing Alcohol is Isopropyl Alcohol. The Aspartame breaks down into Methanol(the blinding alcohol and a damn good destainer). Hot beverage would not ignite lol, need flash source.

thanks for the alcohol lesson
no flash mentioned or needed
it just breaks down with heat

Ive watched what it does to abstainers who want to avoid suger
not pretty

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
For all those who think it is OK because the FDA said it is safe, consider this: It was banned twice before being made legal, as it was thought unsafe in light of the research. Then the FDA took the manufacturers to court for misleading test results which hid the truth behind the chemical. Then Runsfelt got involved, manipulated the system, and set up for a truly biased hearing. They know it is poisonous but it is lucrative.

Early in 1981 Searle Chairman Donald Rumsfeld (who is a former Secretary of Defense.. surprise surprise) vowed to “call in his markers,” to get it approved. January 21, 1981, the day after Ronald Reagan’s inauguration, Searle took the steps to re-apply aspartame’s approval for use by the FDA. Ronald Reagans’ new FDA commissioner Arthur Hayes Hull, Jr., appointed a 5-person Scientific Commission to review the board of inquiry’s decision. It did not take long for the panel to decide 3-2 in favor of maintaining the ban of aspartame. Hull then decided to appoint a 6th member to the board, which created a tie in the voting, 3-3. Hull then decided to personally break the tie and approve aspartame for use. Hull later left the FDA under allegations of impropriety, served briefly as Provost at New York Medical College, and then took a position with Burston-Marsteller. Burstone-Marstella is the chief public relations firm for both Monsanto and GD Searle. Since that time he has never spoken publicly about aspartame.

Shocking Story of How Aspartame Became Legal
edit on 19-4-2013 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Aspartamine gives me a headache if I drink it, plus it tastes like crap - never got why people use it at all.

It's with a heavy heart that I admit this but - for my sins I had to work at a fast food place for a while - and there is a definite sort of person that drinks diet soda (in the largest size it comes in) somehow convinced that just drinking a liter of that on top of the 4 burgers, chicken nuggets large fries and apple pie would count as eating healthy.
- I can WELL believe that they were getting more than 19 cans a day worth of it in their diet!
(And they seemed to personify many of the side effects as far as I could see)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It bewilders me that intelligent people still debate the detrimental effects of artificial sweeteners and unnatural fatty acids etc. It's been barley a minute in the 12hr evolution of humans since these substances were introduced into the food chain. Common sense if not science should tell you that your body was not and is not designed to cope with such substances.

I was blessed in that my Mother brought me up with recipes from a priceless victorian cook book. I was very lucky in that i was taught the value of natural 'old fashioned' cooking and consumption. When i combine that with modern scientific knowledge it tells me the following:

1) know the difference between natural and unnatural sugars, as well as differences in growth and manufacture i.e beet, cane etc.

2) Know the difference between natural (i.e olive oil, animal fat, organic butter etc) and unnatural fats.

3) Artificial sodas/sweets etc are ok in extreme moderation. i.e once/twice a month. Or Ideally before strenuous exercise.

4) Meat is ok in moderation. Know the difference in chemical biology between white/red/dark meats and fish and what effect they have short and long term on your biological makeup, especially your gut.

5) don't listen to all the hype about how 'bad' natural carbohydrates (i.e fresh pasta and potatoes) and fibre are for you. Your body needs these basics to function properly.

Apart from that, cook fresh and eat fresh. If you are going to eat junk, choose wisely and always examine the label.

I have no evidence to back up any of that. I do however have a friend who has drank 2/3 L of diet coke daily since he was 13 hes now 25 and suffers from chronic depression, mood swings, abnormal breathing, loss of bone structure, mild arthritis the list goes on... You be the judge.

Cheers

edit on 19-4-2013 by MongusePro because: Misspelt 'victorian'

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Humans don't need sugar in the first place, so you should never be purposely adding it to your diet except in very small quantities through fruit and sometimes honey. Sugar and the sweet flavor is a highly addictive substance, and in my opinion and the opinion of most fitness athletes the main cause of weight gain (along with white flour). Sugars and simple carbohydrates spike insulin levels putting your body into fat storing mode. There are some studies now suggesting that sweeteners trigger insulin to rise just like sugars, but the most common excepted theory is that your body takes in the sweetener and says hey we had the sensation but we didn't get the source. So your body goes into overdrive with cravings and you start grazing on anything you can get your hands on.

i am prone to depression myself, at least as long as I eat a horrible diet and stay sedentary.Form 21 to 25 I battled depression constantly and couldn't figure out why, because when i was younger I was always really upbeat and positive, and happy all the time. Then one day it clicked, when I was younger I used to body-build and eat super healthy. Then I went to college and stopped training and started eating bad. So for the past year I have been working on turning my life back around i started training and eating right again, and I kid you not about two months ago it was like someone pulled the depression plug. i have been really upbeat and positive and rarely have negative though processes any more. now don't get me wrong it was a really long road to get here those ten months were filled with heavy days of depression where i didn't want to get up and do anything, but I just pushed through it.

Diet to me is the most important drug you take in everyday, and everything you put into your body has a side effect whether good or bad.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Good info Smyleegrl

Aspartame is EVIL.
Just like its owner and main benefactor DONALD RUMSFELD.
He tried for YEARS to get it approved by the FDA for consumption until he finally
strong armed them and won.

Talk about a multilevel conspiracy.

Think about it, xylitol is natural has a very low glycemic index
and just as low on calories, except.... Stevia and Xylitol don't kill you
or rot your guts and teeth.

Just the dental conspiracy alone!
Xylitol actually rebuilds enamel. Imagine drinking a Dr.Pepper
and your teeth getting stronger?

They don't want you healthy, just enough to get yr ass to work and home.
Aspartame keeps you numb in the brain and rotting on the inside .
Why because they want you to live to about 67 years old.
Just enough to work and pay in like a good consumer but then
die before you retire and start "consuming".

I hate those F'ers.

God they are evil !
edit on 17-4-2013 by sealing because: (no reason given)

Agree. 100%. The only reason we are not dying earlier and earlier is that the medical industry is able to keep
most of us alive because of our increased level of medical advances! Plus they make a fortune off of it. First they make a fortune off of those foods which make us sick and then they make a fortune off of us to keep us alive!
If that isn't irony I don't know what is!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What makes me laugh even more is that people who say to stay of sweetners because its bad for your health and say it causes weight gain are quite content to eat red meat in which the body has never been designed for.

Palmitic acid which is the main acid found in red meat kills off the insulin in the body
edit on 19-4-2013 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by minor007

Its a pick and choose hypocrisy.

There is always an option to not eat those things, but people eat it anyway than blame whatever sickness(even if its not related to the said item) on the item and live ignorantly.

The reason mental illness and weight gain and cancer are "more" now because we can detect and categorize them now. 100 yrs ago, anything "wrong" with you is classified a mental illness, and if you die of heart attack caused by cancer, well, they called it heart attack, not cancer. Obesity? of course, we eat more than we need now a days, our portions are huge and we spend most of the days in door.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Great thread ... a couple things I`ve noticed with artificial sweeteners .. first off ..T1 going on 25 yrs. so I`ve tried them all, just about .. 1 thing is that I drink a lot of water and maybe 3 servings of diet drinks a month .. has anyone ever noticed how bitter plain water tastes after a diet drink ?? gawd those first couple glasses go down hard .. the other is that I cramp shortly after drinking diet anything .. not muscle cramps tho .. like tendons that pull your bones in funny positions, fingers and toes mostly .. uncomfortable .. yes .. painful ..no .. so I avoid them mostly for those reasons .. thanks for letting me share.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
So, once you’ve eliminated aspartame from your diet, is there any way to detoxify your body? Apparently there is.

The Healthy Way Diet

“Step 1 Eliminate artificial sweeteners and other potential toxins from your diet. Don't drink soda, alcohol or coffee, and don't eat processed foods, refined sugar or saturated fats. Read the labels on everything you consume, and avoid a product if you can't pronounce the names of all of the ingredients.

Step 2 Omit potential allergens from your meals. Don't eat wheat or dairy during your detox. Choose foods that are gluten- and lactose-free.

Step 3 Reduce the amount of meat you eat to one serving per day of lean chicken, turkey or fish. Avoid red meats. Replace meat and dairy with tofu or beans for protein.

Step 4 Use fruits and vegetables as the bulk of your meals. Eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and kale, which are filling and satisfying.

Step 5 Replace processed grains with whole grains. Eat brown rice, whole oats, quinoa and spelt instead of white rice and wheat.

Step 6 Add healthy fats to your diet to replace the calories you are omitting. Include avocado, raw nuts and seeds, olive oil and flax oil in your meals and snacks.

Step 7 Drink at least 8 cups of water per day to flush toxins out of your system. Squeeze lemon juice into your water for flavor, or drink caffeine-free herbal tea.

Step 8 Continue this detox for three to 10 days. Add other foods back into your diet one at a time, and take note of how you feel after eating each one. Reincorporate the foods that don't have any negative effects on you into your daily diet.

detox link

Here’s a link to a quick quiz you can take to see if your body is toxic. I scored very, very high on the toxicity chart.

Well, ATS…there you have it. I’m actually very excited about eliminating aspartame from my diet and seeing if it helps with my depression and anxiety. I would love to be free from that hell. So we’ll see how it goes. I’ll update my progress on this thread just in case anyone wants to follow along.

edit on 17-4-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

Reading that list dieng seems much more fun

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

My mom said something about a co-worker of hers being poisoned by aspartame, so we switched to regular soda. I don't drink it much, though mental issues vs aspartame poisoning are tricky.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

S&F Everyone should know this. We're being fed poisons on purpose. It's called soft kill.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So, almost a week since I've cut back on the aspartame. Notice I said cut back, not eliminated. This is going to take a while, because I am psychologically addicted.

Anyway, after cutting my consumption in half, I can absolutely tell a difference in how I feel. More alert, more energy, more stamina....and less anxiety. I even spent the weekend gardening, something I haven't felt able to do in years.

This is all the proof I need....can't wait until this stuff is completely out of my diet!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
After reading this article, I have given up my Diet Pepsi addiction. I was drinking 6 cans a day.
I am on day 2, and must say I see no difference. I guess it takes a while to leach all the poison out of your body.

I am hoping it makes me feel better.
Thanks for the info!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Great thread...

There just may be about 100 others just like it on ATS.

The problem that comes with extreme posts like this is...

People begin to think that sugar-sweetened soda is better, and it couldn't be further from the truth. The data on sugar-sweetened sodas are better in quality and quality than those data on aspartame, etc.

Chronic toxicity caused by sugar (especially HFCS) sweetened beverages is very well documented. Aspartame.. not so much.

Remember, toxicity is dose dependent. Too much water can kill you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join