It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet Death: Aspartame Poisoning and You

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by BlueMule

The thirty day juicing will cure a lot of problems. The best detox ever, and reboots the natural chemical balances in your body. I felt like a new person.

I've never heard of this. Can you give me more information, or a link? Thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No red meat?

I'll just die then, if that's alright.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
No red meat?

Give up meat and you can put another one of those counters up on your signature. Congrats on kicking cigarettes, that's a great hurdle to cross. The only people I know who quit had to do it cold turkey. One second, smoker, the next, non-smoker. Apparantly just about the only way to do it (maybe apartame is so addictive that it too has to be 'cold-turkeyed'....and where did the term 'cold turkey' come from anyway?).

edit on 17-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't Ronald Reagan push to have aspartame FDA approved?

I too blame this stuff on my Mother's cancer. Everything she drank or ate was diet.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
So, once you’ve eliminated aspartame from your diet, is there any way to detoxify your body? Apparently there is.

The Healthy Way Diet

“Step 1 Eliminate artificial sweeteners and other potential toxins from your diet. Don't drink soda, alcohol or coffee, and don't eat processed foods, refined sugar or saturated fats. Read the labels on everything you consume, and avoid a product if you can't pronounce the names of all of the ingredients.

Step 2 Omit potential allergens from your meals. Don't eat wheat or dairy during your detox. Choose foods that are gluten- and lactose-free.

Step 3 Reduce the amount of meat you eat to one serving per day of lean chicken, turkey or fish. Avoid red meats. Replace meat and dairy with tofu or beans for protein.

Step 4 Use fruits and vegetables as the bulk of your meals. Eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and kale, which are filling and satisfying.

Step 5 Replace processed grains with whole grains. Eat brown rice, whole oats, quinoa and spelt instead of white rice and wheat.

Step 6 Add healthy fats to your diet to replace the calories you are omitting. Include avocado, raw nuts and seeds, olive oil and flax oil in your meals and snacks.

Step 7 Drink at least 8 cups of water per day to flush toxins out of your system. Squeeze lemon juice into your water for flavor, or drink caffeine-free herbal tea.

Step 8 Continue this detox for three to 10 days. Add other foods back into your diet one at a time, and take note of how you feel after eating each one. Reincorporate the foods that don't have any negative effects on you into your daily diet.

detox link

Here’s a link to a quick quiz you can take to see if your body is toxic. I scored very, very high on the toxicity chart.

Well, ATS…there you have it. I’m actually very excited about eliminating aspartame from my diet and seeing if it helps with my depression and anxiety. I would love to be free from that hell. So we’ll see how it goes. I’ll update my progress on this thread just in case anyone wants to follow along.

edit on 17-4-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

Aspartame is a neurotoxin just like Garlic, Onions, Leeks, DMSO.

It effects individuals more if they get it into their blood stream. Such as an ulcer or cut.

You can drink rattlesnake venom and it wont effect you. Get it into a cut, or ulcer. And you will need an antivenom.

Most people have ulcers due to H. Pylori.

It's not stress related.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Show me ONE, just ONE scientific, factual study that concludes that the average human intake of aspartame is in fact detrimental to health..... bet you cant find one.... because its a load of hash.

I'm a nutritionist specializing in bio chemistry and I can tell you I've read hundreds of "papers" trying to put people off aspartame, and not one of them put forward any credible, scientifically sound evidence. And you know why? Because there isn't any.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
No red meat?

Give up meat and you can put another one of those counters up on your signature. Congrats on kicking cigarettes, that's a great hurdle to cross. The only people I know who quit had to do it cold turkey. One second, smoker, the next, non-smoker. Apparantly just about the only way to do it (maybe apartame is so addictive that it too has to be 'cold-turkeyed'....and where did the term 'cold turkey' come from anyway?).

Haha thanks for the kind words but unlike cigarettes, I don't want to give up my red meat.

And I still get my nicotine, too. Lots and lots of glorious nicotine.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

edit on 17-4-2013 by kissy princess because: wrong citation

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

“Step 1 Eliminate artificial sweeteners and other potential toxins from your diet. Don't drink soda, alcohol or coffee, and don't eat processed foods, refined sugar or saturated fats. Read the labels on everything you consume, and avoid a product if you can't pronounce the names of all of the ingredients.

Step 2 Omit potential allergens from your meals. Don't eat wheat or dairy during your detox. Choose foods that are gluten- and lactose-free.

Step 3 Reduce the amount of meat you eat to one serving per day of lean chicken, turkey or fish. Avoid red meats. Replace meat and dairy with tofu or beans for protein.

Step 4 Use fruits and vegetables as the bulk of your meals. Eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and kale, which are filling and satisfying.

Step 5 Replace processed grains with whole grains. Eat brown rice, whole oats, quinoa and spelt instead of white rice and wheat.

Step 6 Add healthy fats to your diet to replace the calories you are omitting. Include avocado, raw nuts and seeds, olive oil and flax oil in your meals and snacks.

Step 7 Drink at least 8 cups of water per day to flush toxins out of your system. Squeeze lemon juice into your water for flavor, or drink caffeine-free herbal tea.

Step 8 Continue this detox for three to 10 days. Add other foods back into your diet one at a time, and take note of how you feel after eating each one. Reincorporate the foods that don't have any negative effects on you into your daily diet.

This list depresses me more than Aspartame!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalThinker88

All I can say to you is find out why the FDA didn't want to approve it in the first place . And why Donald Rumsfeld needed to manipulate they system just to get it approved. All he was after was lining his pockets..

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Thats what I thought when I seen that list is a matter of fact I stopped at line three. New age dieters are so fanatically crazy.
All you got to do is drink lots of water and eat healthy.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Aspartame: The most controversial drug to be passed through the FDA.

I haven't touched anything with Aspartame in at least 6 years especially finding out Monsanto is behind it. After watching this 60 minutes episode you may also stop.

edit on 17-4-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

You know it's funny you post this, I was talking to my sister just yesterday about this nasty stuff, telling her it's no good for her and made her promise me she would do some research.

I wanted bang my head on the wall as she sat there and argued that that government would not let it be sold on the market if it were bad for us!. Ugh I could have screamed!. She is a nurse she should understand nurotoxins etc, as much as she think I am the crazy one, I just may have to show her this and she may realise that it is so bad for her and her kids health!.

Thanks Op

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just eat sugar...

If you have the means eat honey...

Quit eating chemicals if you have options..

If you're over weight...EAT LESS FOOD

it ain't rocket science

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I drunk diet coke for years and the effect that I know for a fact it had on me was... I'd get sick at my stomach if I didn't eat something by a certain time in the morning and actually one time had a sever stomach cramp, almost emergency room condition because I hadn't eaten yet and got shook all to pieces driving a dump truck. I had to leave the truck and be picked up. Those symptoms have never resurfaced after eliminating diet coke from my diet.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Thanks so much Smyleegrl !!! Once again an excellent thread !! S&F for Ya ! My wife suffers from depression and drinks about 4 or 5 diet sodas a day as well as yogurt with aspartame and she puts sweetener in her coffee !!! I showed her this thread and she was very interested ! Hopefully she will try and taper off it a bit ! Thanks again and all the best !!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
the stuff breaks down into rubbing alcohol and formaldahyde wen put into a hot beverage
how could it be bad for you?

edit on 17-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Rubbing Alcohol is Isopropyl Alcohol. The Aspartame breaks down into Methanol(the blinding alcohol and a damn good destainer). Hot beverage would not ignite lol, need flash source.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I know a lady who is in a wheel chair because she drank Diet Coke for 10 years. Her doctor said it was due to years of aspartame.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Good post smyleegrl, if possible stay away from any kind of artificial sweeteners and MSG. Aspartame is an excitotoxin. The new one I've been seeing in high end groceries is monk fruit(which is a little safer and helps fudge numbers on the back of the packaging).
www.naturalnews.com...

Micheal J Fox was an avid diet coke drinker; he got Parkinson for that. If you miss the frizz try club soda with a little juice(not from Aluminum can).

We really need to get away from the notion that everything needs to over salted or sweetened. Fructose(not high-fructose corn syrup) is not a very essential nutrient for the human body(unless you are an athlete). There is no real need to supplement it if you eat a few servings of fruit everyday. If you must sweeten your food or drinks try glucose(its sold as dextrose in moderated quantities). The metabolism in the liver, for glucose, is far different from fructose.
For depression I started a thread a little while a go that may help, good luck.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join