It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legacy of the Gods...the Sayhuite Monolith.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Thank you!

> "...the relationship of parabola and rectangles will need to be considered, and further to that the principles flow and movement through space time as generated by parabola."

Do you even know - not to say understand - what you said here?

But you are merely right in this case...
> "It's quality that counts though...ironically"

Not though "ironically" - why would you say that?
Its EVERY TIME.

Keep on going "beyond face value".
I'm
ut

A

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ansar

Of course i know what i said and however it would have been put with regards to the complexities involved you would still have made snide and pretentious comment as that is your delight, so perhaps i didn't make too much effort.

But anyway thanks for your as ever wonderful contribution.

edit on 19-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Because you took your time to reply to my "snide and pretentious comment" as you like to call it I will take time to answer to your "effort".

What you have done here with your "comparisons" of parabolae and rectangles (for example) in the real world and math and wherever you could find those "patterns" is not only as bad as comparing apples and oranges - it's much worse.

It's like looking at an egg and a pineapple and coming to the conclusion that because they both are rounded somewhat and there can be drawn a rectangle relating to them in some way they must be of the same "kind" - and so consequently "interchangeable".

I hope that you can understand that this is no "snide and pretentious comment" at all?

I made it to help you with your cooking skills.
(It can really be fun talking to you, you know, right?)

A

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thank you very much for posting this. I had not heard about this before either.

I think we tend to imagine an ancient advanced civilization the wrong way most of the time.
If we ponder the question further, about why these monuments and cities were buildt in stone, one eventually will realize that not only were some definitely buildt for preservation, but to also withstand earthquakes and, something I rarely see people mentioning, they were ecological too!
These people utilized nature to its full extent and did not need a lot of things we take for granted today.
They have clothing, nutrition and shelter, in a small community. After tending to whatever their daily duties were, they had all the time in the world to be sophisticated and truly communicate with each other.
Sounds an awful lot like paradise to me, excluding the sacrificing that may have taken place.

I too believe that there have been very advanced civilizations here before us, some human and some not, but then again, I don't think we are indigenous to Earth in the first place either. At least not in this form.

So many places I want to visit... They keep stacking up.
edit on 20-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ansar

It's not a question of 'comparisons', it's the concern with the potential derivation of the one from the other, the principles concerned are these;

www.solitaryroad.com...

Quadratic Function

en.wikipedia.org...'s_equation

And you might recall i pointed out elsewhere that the translation of Osiris through the doors of Heaven was reliant on such relationships;

The Egyptians have a legend that the end of Osiris's life came on the seventeenth of the month, on which day it is quite evident to the eye that the period of the full moon is over Because of this the Pythagoreans call this day "the Barrier," and utterly abominate this number. For the number seventeen, coming in between the square sixteen and the oblong rectangle eighteen, which, as it happens, are the only plane figures that have their perimeters equal their areas, bars them off from each other and disjoins them, and breaks up the ratio of eight to eight and an eighth by its division into unequal intervals

More generally, 16 and 18 represent solutions (x=4, y=4) and (x=3, y=6) of the hyperbolic equation

xy = 2x + 2y

which in modern terms has an infinity of solutions; Plutarch is saying that (x=4, y=4), (x=3, y=6), and (x=6, y=3) are the only integral solutions. To his positive solutions we would add today three more, at (x=0, y=0), (x=1, y=-2) and (x=-2, y=1): they are symmetrical to Plutarch's set with respect to the two asymptotes, and in terms of geometry represent one null and two imaginary rectangles. In theory, to find any others we are suddenly transported into the very difficult realm of Diophantine equations; but that these are the only five integral solutions can be seen instantly by inspecting the graph. Plutarch's square, and one of his two symmetrical rectangles, are shade

Of course this is important when it comes to designing eggs, and pineapples, and variations and their determinations should be taken into account, but to go back on topic, what you see in the Andean stepped motifs and rectangular plane surfaces is a game of snakes and ladders were the snakes are left to the imagination, a means of traverse through the three levels of existence, the means by which the ancestors of the Inca could be thought of as magically appearing through such portals, were the 'dragon lines' extend into the natural rock.

It's not an easy school of thinking to consider, but that's my suggested approach.

By comparison the 'stargate' cult of Jiroft related to the ziggurat of Inanna is far more straightforward, as they throw in all the snakes for free, and the rectangles and parabola are illustrated in conjunction.

Well i'm glad it's fun for you discussing things with me, but don't forget to be on your best behaviour...

e
edit on 20-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
When you combine this with the enigmatic carved features interspersed amongst the natural bedrock, which are suggested by some as greatly pre-dating the Inca, due to the extent of the weathering seen upon them and their scattered and fragmentary remnants, then clearly that was the culture teaching advanced irrigation, as the model they left demonstrates...the locals always maintained the oldest structures, those of the highest quality, were of the Gods

Perhaps we observe the principle of that which is above will naturally descend...

Thanks for the interest and replies

This is cool, I wonder if they used this as a shower....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join