It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legacy of the Gods...the Sayhuite Monolith.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The Sayhuite monolith i would say is without doubt the greatest of monoliths and a true 'gift of the Gods' for reasons that shall become clearish...

Sayhuite (Saywite) is an archaeological site 47 kilometres (29 mi) east of the city Abancay in the province Abancay in the region Apurímac in Peru. The site is regarded as a centre of religious worship focusing on water.[1] An important feature on the site is the Sayhuite monolith, a rock with more than 200 geometric and zoomorphic figures. In the Monuments of the Inca by John Hemming, Hemming points to a colonial narrative that describes the interior of the Sayhuite temple. The temple featured larger columns draped in fabrics with gold bands the "thickness of one's hand." The temple was also under the care of the priestess Asarpay who jumped to her death in the nearby 400 metre gorge to avoid capture by Spanish forces.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's in a somewhat damaged state, a lot of the animals have lost their heads and lumps are knocked off, however what can still be seen is simply fascinating.

The suggestion is that there was a cult based upon water in the region of Saihuite, with a Priestess in charge. Certainly i would suggest that many of the animals upon the monolith were chosen for their natural and sensual flowing qualities, felines and serpentine, again indicating association with the flow of water.

In this video then it's demonstated how the model functions as a teaching device with regards to the flow of water, and all the ways this can be chanelled and harnessed;

So not only is the monolith fascinating to look at but provided a hands on teaching tool for the Inca in all the methods of irrigation they would need to prosper through agriculture.

Were it gets really interesting is that these interests and methodologies are not only found on this practical scale model, but are found scattered throughout the sacred valley around Cuzco on thousands of carved stones on a greater scaling.

The same elements are seen as on the model, the same regard for carving incisions and steps and porticos and channels upon the natural rock a balance between the rough natural and the worked, such that they can easily be mistaken for quarries.

It would seem likely that again with these sites the flow of water upon them was seen as a primary aspect, but there are probably other aspects, and other energies that would have been of concern, portals are seen upon the model on a vertical plane for example, not conducive to the flow of water.

The scattered carved stones then are probably demonstrating in some way engineering principles and methods of harnessing natural elements, yet what in particular is generally baffling.

Here's a good example of one such structure, baffling Brian Foerster...

Given the eroded nature of these stones and their scattered and fragmentary contexts a strong case is made that these are of a culture that pre-dated the Inca, remnants of the first ancestors and the time of the Gods.

If that is the case the Gods were kind enough to create a working model of all one needed to know...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
S & F for you OP!
I don't have anything to add to your original presentation but wanted to thank you for sharing it. Very well put together IMO. It is always nice to run up on new (for me at least) information. This is totally amazing and beautiful.
edit on 4/17/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Wow, never heard of this. I'll have to research this and watch this thread. Thanks Op

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Its not often someone digs up something I haven't seen/heard of.

Congratulations. Great thread. Very, very interesting material.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have never seen this before and its fascinating. I am not sure if I believe the "Gods" did it instead of some very smart humans but SnF just the same. Thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

It's an open question with regards to 'the Gods', but it's understood that Andean and coastal civilizations of Peru were highly dependent upon sophisticated drainage and irrigation methodology, that these were instrumental in allowing those cultures to develop.

The legacy from the 'first time' then was certainly good drainage systems, as seen here;

When you combine this with the enigmatic carved features interspersed amongst the natural bedrock, which are suggested by some as greatly pre-dating the Inca, due to the extent of the weathering seen upon them and their scattered and fragmentary remnants, then clearly that was the culture teaching advanced irrigation, as the model they left demonstrates...the locals always maintained the oldest structures, those of the highest quality, were of the Gods

Perhaps we observe the principle of that which is above will naturally descend...

Thanks for the interest and replies

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
When you combine this with the enigmatic carved features interspersed amongst the natural bedrock, which are suggested by some as greatly pre-dating the Inca, due to the extent of the weathering seen upon them and their scattered and fragmentary remnants, then clearly that was the culture teaching advanced irrigation, as the model they left demonstrates...the locals always maintained the oldest structures, those of the highest quality, were of the Gods

I'm going a little off topic here, but I do believe there have been cycles of very advanced civilizations of humans that even more sophisticated than our current one. I think that every so often normal cycles of cataclysmic events destroy these civilizations and all that is left of their knowledge and culture are things carved and built in stone. I think they knew about these cycles and that is why they made so many of their buildings and monoliths out of stone since it is a very good material that last for ages.

I also think that this cycle of destruction will soon be upon humanity again and TPTB know this and want to use it so people will think the book of revelations is happening and Jesus will return soon and this is when they will install their false messiah who will fool everyone. That is why they go to such great lengths to cover up and downplay the very advanced ancestors humanity has had in the past. Because they do not want people to know that it has happened before many times and is about to happen again. But this whole scenario can be a thread all its own.

To some my little theory might sound crazy, but it makes sense to me. Sometimes I hate being a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
carving and grinding rock isn't easy. You got to remember that these people were not supposed to have tools made of iron. I got power tools and have to grind for a long time to make a little object or carve some letters. Looks like these people were dedicated to their art. Good thread. It is easier to find good archeology articles here on ATS than if I go looking for them. When I search blindly, I always run into the same old commercialized crap over and over.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
LIke a few others, I havent heard of this. Very intresting. The ancients were simply amazing people.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Why have so many of us never heard of this before?

Thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ive been itching to head south for years.....
Sounds like Peru has some very good left overs......
Mexico too is filled with sites we never heard of, as are other most South American countries......
I have to think that the degradation of the" forerunners" was total and complete......perhaps the "race of giants"
explains some of the huge architecture...
But obviously the relics were built for normal humans as well .......
The speculations lead to a fantastic world that outshine what weve come up with in many ways...
It apears that they were very into stone, as opposed to steel constructions....though the passing of time may have erased much.......(there are traces of machine boring etc....)
It would seem they had knowledge of anti gravity the way that some huge monoliths have been constructed far from source stone and made of huge blocks we couldnt move ourselves.
Thaks Kantz....(nice avatar change too)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That monolith looks like a prehistoric architect's or city planner's model. Now whether any of it got built anywhere at full-scale is another question. (Such a place could be hidden under trees or buried away under a rock or mudslide on a nearby mountainside. If it exists, good luck finding it!) Goes to show that somebody was thinking ahead before one of their building projects. Which makes one wonder if there are any other artifacts like this which may relate to ancient cities or megalith construction.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Damn, I was born in Lima, Peru and I wasn't even aware of this. My dad is leaving today for his 50th bday! I should tell him to visit there and take pics. I left the country with the family in 96. I want to go back and visit these beautiful places. Thanks for the post!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

The scattered carved stones then are probably demonstrating in some way engineering principles and methods of harnessing natural elements, yet what in particular is generally baffling.

Here's a good example of one such structure, baffling Brian Foerster...

Given the eroded nature of these stones and their scattered and fragmentary contexts a strong case is made that these are of a culture that pre-dated the Inca, remnants of the first ancestors and the time of the Gods.

If that is the case the Gods were kind enough to create a working model of all one needed to know...

It looks like the scale models that architects and water engineers use to model the flow of water in terrain.

The carving would demonstrate the proper ways of capturing and storing water by building rectangular cavities with a slope at one end and a grooved indent at one side to act as the overflow. The square zig-zags are a way
of allowing water to flow down slowly, while long straight lines would allow water to drain rapidly.
It would allow one engineer to train up or teach other engineers.

Perhaps the vertical "portals" are sinkholes.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Thanks for sharing Kantzveldt,
Yet another very cool ancient thing you have brought up.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oops dbl pst
edit on 17-4-2013 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Brilliant post, OP. Well-written and thorough. We have so much more to learn from these ancient civilizations. Hopefully we'll do this before we do something rash to our current civilization. S&F.
edit on 17-4-2013 by r4winds because: it's the code

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

What can be said? Thanks again for another outstanding bit of information.
This is entirely new to me...and I appreciate your sharing!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Ah but that was Saywite and this is Sayhuite...

But seriously though i hope i've given insight into the greater potential significance of the stone here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join