It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Lie Ever Told...which is it for you ???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I suppose I don't, anymore. But, I used to believe in all of these things and some of them took me nearly 40 years to realize that they were lies/untruths. A lot of reading, searching and personal experience as I try to find real truth, as that's what I value most of all. It would be nice if some of them were true, but they just aren't.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusChristwins
You say that religions are a lie.

Originally posted by gentledissident Religion may soothe the frightened animal, but it creates huge problems. However, I cannot call it a lie.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Yea, I've studied people and their superstitions. I'm sorry that you're disappointed with my conclusion. Don't worry, I'm still a minority. I have to live in YOUR world.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Everything about humanity is a lie, most everything we are told in our lives is a lie. If you feel that you have heard the worst lie just wait another one will come along.

Ask me this about an hour before I die, then I can be more accurate.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just wait there will be another big lie real soon.

and this is it: "These beings are from outer space and they are here to help us."

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
9/11 and i despise the fact that americans are lying to themselves or too stupid to realize that it's a lie.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
so many damn lies just congesting my dome right now i can't even think properly....
well i was once angry when a kid in elementary told me if i sneezed and farted at the same time id disappear....
was pretty pissed at that. lol

i think ill go with the greatest story ever told, religion. i seriously find religion pathetic along with the existence of any deities. keeps people believing that we are only body and mind. that you will spawn at either of one of 2 places. heaven/hell. something inevitable. it fills people up with fear...and fear is what's used to control a society.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
For me there are two categories for this, one are lies the general population believes but you don't and never did.
The other is lie you once believed but found out it was a lie and were devastated by finding out the truth.

1) The lies told about God, Creation, and the bible by false Christians of the Clergy for centuries.
2) 9/11 especially building # WTC7

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There's too many that's already been added that I wanted to post. So I won't clutter up the board with repeating them. For me personally, the biggest lie has to be: "Good things happen to those who wait", What a load of [censored] that is!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I agree with many of the sentiments here as well as disagree with just as many. A couple of the bigger lies in my not so humble opinion:

1) That God - who loves us more than we could possibly imagine - could punish us for petty things with an eternity of suffering. God loves every single one of us! Hell was created by the religious to control people with fear in order to get their money and obedience. There is not one single word in the original languages of the bible that can be accurately translated into "eternal burning punishment". No one goes to hell because there's no such place.

2) Polar bears are dying off (so send us money). The population of polar bears has at least doubled since the 1950's.

2 1/2) Anything that comes out of Al Gore's mouth. His only goal is to pass laws that will make himself and GE a ton of money.

3) Change we can believe in...I guess if by "change", you meant continue and increase all of W's war and spending policies. Having said that -

4) That republicans and democrats are different. They're ALL greedy, self serving asshats and are unconcerned about us.

5) The medical community (at least in America) is trying to cure you of anything. There's no money in curing diseases - they only "manage" your health issues with expensive (and usually harmful) prescriptions that you have to take for the rest of your life. When was the last time that any disease was actually cured?

Like everyone else - I could probably go on for many pages...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattiio

I think that is what he said!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The worst lie ever told to me was my parents waking me up one lazy weekend morning, saying we were going to the amusement park, so I'd better hurry up & get dressed. Amusement park? Really!? OMIGODYAY!

It was a lure to get me out of bed for a f@&#ing doctor's appointment. Talk about completely smashed hopes & distrust for a few weeks

As for ones told to the masses, there's too many to pick just one!
"The invisible eternal man is telepathic & can see and hear everything you think and do, so be good, send telepathic requests if you want something, and you'll live forever if you follow his rules."

"Humanity is good at it's heart."

"There's an enormous expanse beyond our planet filled with stars, solar systems, and who knows what else. But we're alone in this existence."

"You can accomplish anything you set your mind to, and there's no hurdle you can't leap."

"Mother Government will protect us."

"If you go to college, you'll have a job skills advantage."

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
That there are no cognitive or behavioural differences between different races.

Not the biggest lie, but it's up there.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
That there are no cognitive or behavioural differences between different races.

I think you mean culture. I work with the public. I've noticed cultural attitudes and behaviors. I see different races in the same culture behaving and reacting similarly.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

I didn't say there were no similarities; obviously there are many.

We are after all within the same species.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Yeah, sort of the same as the Media making us feel guilty for the people starving in Africa yet the Roman Catholic Church could feed and home every person on that continent with the ridiculous amount of wealth they have accumilated over the centuries. This world is backwards.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I know, right? The catholic cult...er church is supposed to be about being humble and serving the world as Christ did. Mmm-hmm. Sheesh - strip the gold, silver and gems out of the vatican and sell them. You could feed the worlds hungry with just that. Then feed the world for decades with the rest of the money. The brightest, shiniest, richest example of hypocrisy on the planet.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
2012 was a big windup it seems to be. Mayan Calender and the Apocolypse.
But then sometimes a date can become historic later

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Being told the gap between the 1% would be narrowed. Oh and all the CHANGE Obama promised in '08.... So far its all been BAD change!!!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia
The lie is:
"Certain drugs need/ought to be illegal"

From this one lie stem so many others.. the nature of consciousness, freedom, self determination...

Look at all the controversies with drugs.

Not just, some need/ought to be illegal.

Some, especially the expensive ones should be prescribed, in massive numbers!

Some drugs, when some patients don't want to take it , the patients should be forced to take the drugs!

When you go to jail, if a police officer just wants to be an ass, or possibly kill you, then he will not let you take your medicine!

They tell you what you can and can't take. They tell you what you will take. They tell you sometimes you won't take. They won't tell you about generics so people can get cheaper pills.

It's all fraud.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join