It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Lie Ever Told...which is it for you ???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
WHAT OUR CHILDREN ARE DYING FOR IN AFGHANISTAN
The Taliban had all but eradicated the opium growers before the US invasion.

So why is cheap Afghani heroin flooding into the United States?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

You are wrong on this one my friend. I do not know whom ranks highest in their hierarchy, but deamons most definitely exist and are evil as hell. If you do not believe so, try to summon one if you have the guts.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
The greatest lie ever told to humanity is that satan doesn't really exist.

Well we know your agenda.

God must hate marthons

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSteve1234

I don't know what is the greatest lie, but right now, I do know who the biggest liars are, the go by the initials F.B.I., no surprise there. Problem is, how incredibly TRANSPARENT they are at doing it. The biggest lie I've ever heard, it's still being told as we speak. Pass the word. Tell everyone you know. The government is lying as usual.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I believe the greatest lie ever told is that we are fleshly physical creatures with no soul.

We are both!

But which one comes first?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Christmas and that damn santa claus biggest lie and bs ever perpetrated on children of the world [next to Communism ,big lie ] we have to put up with this crap ever year

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Going to church would be good for you
-Anonymous relative

For reasons i choose not to discuss.

lets just say bad memories.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Religion.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

To me,the greatest or biggest lie ever foisted upon mankind,is the idea that man has only been around a few thousand years,and that higher technolgy did not exist until more recent times.OK.I guess thats actually two seperate lies,but they go together in this context.Human footprints have been found in rock dated to more than 25,000 years ago.Ancient ruins have been discovered that date back even further.Then there are some of the engineering feats,such as the Pyramids of Giza.Noone has a real clue what they were built for,or how.There are theories,but most contradict each other.There has been discovered right here in the USA.,ruins of ancient civilizations that predate the accepted period of migrations to North America across the Bering landbridge.Mainstream science will not even consider any thing that does not fit into their tiny window of accepted chronology for the rise of man.There is so much to be learned from these sights and others,if only MSS would pull their heads from the sand.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Religion is wishful thinking. It may be perpetuated by liars in holy garb, but fear and ignorance would keep religion alive at some level in the absence of snake oil salesmen. Religion may soothe the frightened animal, but it creates huge problems. However, I cannot call it a lie.

I have to agree with those who say freedom is the biggest lie.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Hmm tough one, for me I have a few sorry I cant just list one.
Lets start
-Darwinism
-Christopher Columbus discovered America lol
- Aids originated from bestiality in africa
-Heroshima
-Holocost
-Jews being the chosen people
-ISRAEL
-9/11
-WMD in Iraq
- the war on drugs
and one more THE WHOLE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN THE WEST.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The greatest lie ever is the fake world, the matrix we live on!

I believe, and i can prove it to everyone who has eyes, that the global history as most people know it is a lie, our society 's creation is a lie, the mankind 's history is a lie, i mean could we really come from the apes?, the many religions and the atheism is a great lie, "we have democracy!" is a great lie, too!

But the greatest? The greatest lie would be the following sentence: "GOD is not the universe's creator and satan does not exist"! I mean the most obvious thing in the world is that satan exists! Who can deny it? (If you wish to reply to this please show us proofs he does not exist!) Look it from another perspective. Visit a hospital and ask the old doctors if they have ever seen a miracle which they cannot explain. If we look around we can easily find miracles happening. Who can deny it? (If you wish to reply to this please show us proofs that miracles do not happen!)
Now if the above are happening then who is the one makes those miracles? Luck? The Power of the universe in which the Jedi in the movie believe? Or GOD?

You wish to prove this consideration is mistaken? Then prove this point of view is wrong by justifying that these few thoughts are mistaken and showing with proofs what is the reality. The easiest way to understand this point of view is to understand Plato and his "myth of the Cave". If you understand what he is saying then you understand that we live in a Matrix.

If someone wishes to reply to the question " Where we come from?", "How this world was created?", "How miracles can be explained?", "What is our purpose in this life?" and "What is after this life?" then he has to use his mind to reply. He has to philosophize. However, philosophy is only for "2 eyes people" and not "blinds", philosophy is for the ones who show proofs and not for the ones who speak vaguely!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
Religion is wishful thinking. It may be perpetuated by liars in holy garb, but fear and ignorance would keep religion alive at some level in the absence of snake oil salesmen. Religion may soothe the frightened animal, but it creates huge problems. However, I cannot call it a lie.

I have to agree with those who say freedom is the biggest lie.

You say that religions are a lie. Please tell us, do you know the beliefs of all the religions? Do you know the beliefs of Christianity? Do you know the beliefs of Orthodoxy, for example? Are you sure that every religion is based on fear? Can you prove it?

Also, have you studied philosophy?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
The greatest lie ever told to humanity is that satan doesn't really exist.

Prove he does not exist!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood
Jesus knew He was the son of GOD before anyone tried to turn Him into a religion/product of fear/control/etc...
Jesus serves His Father's agenda only. Those that don't KNOW Him use Him as a useful tool to manipulate and control others that don't know Him. Those that don't KNOW Him toe the religious part line.

"My sheep know My voice".

I'm sure he did serve God's agenda but that is not what I'm getting at. The people who decided how the story would run centuries later possibly used Christianity to serve themselves and because we also have conflicting accounts from other religions we need to question everything whether it tests your faith or not.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood
Jesus knew He was the son of GOD before anyone tried to turn Him into a religion/product of fear/control/etc...
Jesus serves His Father's agenda only. Those that don't KNOW Him use Him as a useful tool to manipulate and control others that don't know Him. Those that don't KNOW Him toe the religious part line.

"My sheep know My voice".

I'm sure he did serve God's agenda but that is not what I'm getting at. The people who decided how the story would run centuries later possibly used Christianity to serve themselves and because we also have conflicting accounts from other religions we need to question everything whether it tests your faith or not.

That's what Pope did and does. He uses Christianity to serve himself! But not all the Christians do that. Not all! Pope wanted in 1052 to follow his road away from GOD and this is why the Catholicism and Orthodoxy were separated. If he was a holy man he would not sit on a chair with a reversed cross! A priest would never do this!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusChristwins
That's what Pope did and does. He uses Christianity to serve himself! But not all the Christians do that. Not all! Pope wanted in 1052 to follow his road away from GOD and this is why the Catholicism and Orthodoxy were separated. If he was a holy man he would not sit on a chair with a reversed cross! A priest would never do this!

Your right. The pope wouldn't even need the Vatican and Swiss bank accounts controlled by Zionists if he was a true Christian, Catholic etc.. This is exactly the problem. He is what religion calls an Idol.
edit on 19-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Freedom

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't say this is the greatest lie ever told, but its up there. Aussies will know what I'm talking about

"There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead"...........and here we are.......with a carbon tax!

The greatest for me is Religion. Ultimately, god is what man wants to dictate.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kentucky

the history of mankind = the truth about how long we have been on this planet as in this form

and that we evolved from apes = i dont think we have any link to any ape LIKE animal

missing link or it didnt happen (hate to say that) BUT

What Do I Know

and im not going to argue with anyone its JUST my OPINION

edit on 19/4/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join