It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Lie Ever Told...which is it for you ???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by andy1972

the history of mankind
and that we evolved from apes

If you're referring to Darwin's theory of evolution, you got it all wrong. After all, evolution works by eliminating the inferior species while the stronger, better-adapted ones thrive. If that had happened then there wouldn’t be any apes left, because we would have outcompeted them. The more likely theory is that humans and the great apes—chimpanzees, gorillas, and orangutans—started with a common ancestor, and then evolved in separate directions over the years. Specifically: four, eight, and twelve million years ago, respectively. We simply shared a common ancestor with the ape

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Irregardless of the conceptual understanding of the humans need to lie the most insidious fallacy that has ever been projected towards mankind is the phrase " You can be anything you want to be and do anything you want to do if you just work hard"..... Let's be brutally honest here, in the world we live in depending on allot of factors that I will not go into detail with, hard work might sustain survival but to get to the top somebodies going to have to go down.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Your highschool teachers won't accept work that is not in cursive, told this in the fourth grade. Greatest. Deception. Ever.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You have no basis to group the bible with the other stuff. The bible is a matter of faith and can not be proven. The others are true acts of evil perpretrated on a population by force

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"Too Big to Fail"

We must acquiesce to the banksters' extortion of tax money and stealing of deposits, because the alternative is said to be worse.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Detergent because: clarification

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

gay meaning homosexual when all it meant was happy... this is of course starting at an early age... the proof is in the Flintstones... the enemy is ignorance... and slang...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What i'd like to know from you is - For you what is the greatest, if not the worse lie forced upon or accepted by mankind and why..

For the US - JFK and 9.11
NOTES: No firm conclusions on either except that there is a lot more than the official stories.

For the world - Aerial phenomena (UFOs) and the globalist (NWO) agenda.
NOTES: Have a feeling that both of these will be exiting from their respective closets about the same time but both will still be subject to a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Also: Is ATS having issues with the website? This is my second attempt to post this and have had numerous others bounced and dead-ended over the last couple of days.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by McScrad

teachers who leave you behind and people who don't get it alike... the wrong curriculum.. the motto of this website.. deny ignorance...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The secret space program

Having to spend 2 years doing a graduate program in Aerospace program at a "prestigious" engineering school here in the United States only to learn about the secret space program through the internet. Realizing in the process I was learning useless information about an obsolete technology that isn't being used by a certain section of the population. I realized there was no intrinsic value in obtaining a Masters degree or even a PhD in Aerospace engineering considering the level of mass deception the cabal has subjected the academic institutions to. I decided to do a PhD in something I didn't care about.

Finally I have realized that the only thing I have control over is my mind. So now I am considering the possibility of getting another PhD in neuroscience so that they can't do # about what I find and discover.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Good point.

The biggest lie I've ever heard was that there are people good and wise enough to run our lives.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think that for me it would have to do with the "American Dream." Although achieving something from nothing was possible many decades ago, today it is hardly possible, due to the sheer amount of control corporations have over our entire country and its economic system. Even the universities. I also feel that by getting Americans to believe that anything is possible, when they are still children, that when they grow up they will be less inclined to realize the class differences and unfairness in our country. And another thing is that the people will feel that the fault is within themselves, instead of the system being broken. Capitalism itself is broken, or at least it is in the US. I think it was Richard Wolff, who is a professor, who says that many of his colleagues, as well as he himself, believe that the education system today is designed to benefit the corporations as well. He also said that people in school are taught that their grades reflect their ability, and he talked about corporations hiring only people from the best schools with the best grades. And about how universities should be free like they are in other countries, etc. Don't take my word for it though, as I cannot remember exactly where I heard this.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The biggest lies ever told to me were: "You can be whatever you want to be!" and "The truth is out there."

The funniest lie ever told to me as a child was that hispanic people were the product of white and black people having babies together.
Took me till high school to figure that one out!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Although not THE biggest lie but two to add to the list:

1. Take these tablets three times a day and they will make you better.

2. Things can't get any worse.

3. Would I lie to you?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think the size of the lies depend on the sex. As a guy, I think it is 'I have never done this before'. From what girls tell me, many guys lie with size

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What i'd like to know from you is - For you what is the greatest, if not the worse lie forced upon or accepted by mankind and why..

Your government (locally or nationally,) represents you.

How's that?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Libertarianism is a good thing.

Global warming isn't real.

Bottled water is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The Christian story of Jesus is the greatest lie ever told.. Though the Christian faith is a great one along with the rest of them, The Romans and the Jews have hijacked Christianity to serve their own agenda's.. Jesus only became the Son of God in 325a.d by the same corrupt a/holes who killed him earlier on.
reply to post by DarknStormy

Jesus knew He was the son of GOD before anyone tried to turn Him into a religion/product of fear/control/etc...
Jesus serves His Father's agenda only. Those that don't KNOW Him use Him as a useful tool to manipulate and control others that don't know Him. Those that don't KNOW Him toe the religious part line.

"My sheep know My voice".

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There is nothing new in a government lying to their people to start a war.
Any government that desires to initiate a war usually lies to their people to create the illusion that support for the war is the only possible choice they can make.

President McKinley told the American people that the USS Maine had been sunk in Havana Harbor by a Spanish mine. The American people, outraged by this apparent unprovoked attack, supported the Spanish American War. The Captain of the USS Maine had insisted the ship was sunk by a coal bin explosion, investigations after the war proved that such had indeed been the case. There had been no mine.

Hitler used this principle of lying to his own people to initiate an invasion. He told the people of Germany that Poland had attacked first and staged fake attacks against German targets. The Germans, convinced they were being threatened, followed Hitler into Poland and into World War 2.

FDR claimed Pearl Harbor was a surprise attack. It wasn't. The United States saw war with Japan as the means to get into war with Germany, which Americans opposed. So Roosevelt needed Japan to appear to strike first. Following an 8-step plan devised by the Office of Naval Intelligence, Roosevelt intentionally provoked Japan into the attack. Contrary to the official story, the fleet did not maintain radio silence, but sent messages intercepted and decoded by US intercept stations. Tricked by the lie of a surprise attack, Americans marched off to war.
President Johnson lied about the Gulf of Tonkin to send Americans off to fight in Vietnam.

There were no torpedoes in the water in the Gulf. LBJ took advantage of an inexperienced sonar man's report to goad Congress into escalating the Vietnam War.

Did the government of the United States lie to the American people, more to the point, did President Bush and his Neocon associates lie to Congress, to initiate a war of conquest in Iraq?

This question has been given currency by a memo leaked from inside the British Government which clearly indicates a decision to go to war followed by the "fixing" of information around that policy. This is, as they say, a smoking gun.

But the fact is that long before this memo surfaced, it had become obvious that the US Government, aided by that of Great Britain, was lying to create the public support for a war in Iraq.

Then there was the claim about the "Mobile biological weapons laboratories". Proffered in the absence of any real laboratories in the wake of the invasion, photos of these trailers were shown on all the US Mainstream Media, with the claim they while seeming to lack anything suggesting biological processing, these were part of a much larger assembly of multiple trailers that churned out biological weapons of mass destruction.

In the end, the real proof that we were lied to about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction is that no weapons of mass destruction were ever found. That means that every single piece of paper that purported to prove that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction was by default a fraud, a hoax, and a lie.

The President of the United States and his Neocon associates lied to the people of the United States to send them off on a war of conquest.

Defenders of the government will point to the cases listed at the top of the page as proof that lying to the people is a normal part of the leader's job and we should all get used to it. And because "Everybody does it" that we should not single out the present administration. But this is madness.
We do not catch all the murderers, yet when we catch a murderer, we deal with them as harshly as possible, in order to deter more murderers.

Right now, we have the criminals at hand. and, while other leaders in history have lied to start wars, for the first time in history, the lie stands exposed while the war started with the lies still rages on, to the death and detriment of our young men and women in uniform.
We cannot in good moral conscience ignore this lie, this crime, lest we encourage future leaders to continue to lie to us to send our kids off to pointless wars.
The writing is on the wall; having gotten away with lying to start the war in Iraq, the US Government will lie to start a war in Iran, and after that another, and after that another, and another and another and another because as long as you remain silent, and as long as you remain inactive, the liars have no reason to stop........

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The 2 party system,JFK and the other assassinations,The editing of the Bible,9/11,Roswell.Just to name a few.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"Okay, I promise I won't come in your mouth"

And…

"Of course I will respect you in the morning"

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join