It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Lie Ever Told...which is it for you ???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
What if most of the threads and theories on the Internet about conspiracies are lies as well. Case in point a site like ATS which could be brimming with people whose job it is to mislead us? Then how do we determine what the truth is?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The Christian story of Jesus is the greatest lie ever told.. Though the Christian faith is a great one along with the rest of them, The Romans and the Jews have hijacked Christianity to serve their own agenda's.. Jesus only became the Son of God in 325a.d by the same corrupt a/holes who killed him earlier on.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The Greatest Lie to be ever told was us being told we're humans, when in fact, we're batteries to a machine.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
It's not easy to single out one thing in particular, but for the purpose of this post I would have to say that it is the idea that one can "own" anything.

"Ownership" is an artificial construct and can be deconstructed by the stroke of a pen or by other means.

Many aspects of my life were founded upon the lie that ownership afforded one 'control'; could be a measure of success; or be a source of pride. I have less confidence in "ownership" being any of those things as I grow older.

I wonder how differently I would have done things had I not bought into this as a youngster?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
We came from planet of the apes

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Being Gay is ''Normal ''

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
there are too many lies to count,but the greatest of them all as a lot of posters have already pointed out would be,,9/11..Religions,,the real reason behind most wars,,,number of the holocaust victims,,,flue vaccine,,,the banking system and concept of money,,,history in general,,,the government of people for the people,,,,real democracy,,,real freedom of speech,,,, taking prozac and other prescription drugs are less harmful than smoking weed,,,Iran trying to make nuclear weapons,,,American's are only there to serve and protect countries from dictatorial regimes simply out of the kindness of their heart,,,Russia,America,Iran,Israel and north Korea are enemies,,,and i can go on and on,but it's enough for now it just angers me deeply to review and remind them again.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
greatest lie ever told?

that ATS is a conspiracy website!!!

all I ever see these days is regurgitated msn topics....

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
There are so many, it's difficult to pick just one so there's this:

1. There is a God
a. Heaven and Hell exist
b. Various biblical aspects

2. Humans have souls
a. We are energy/eternal
b. Reincarnation
c. All things supernatural

3. There is such a thing as Love
a. There is someone for everyone
b. Beauty is irrelevant compared to personality
c. There are plenty of fish in the sea

4. If you're an honest and good person, good things will happen to you
a. If you work/study hard, you will be rewarded and succeed
b. Contrarily, bad people get what they deserve

5. It's a Free Country

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

all of my old girlfriends telling me the would love me forever!!!!!!!!!!!!! damcuonts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
I think , personally, it all depends when you where born.

For the boys born in the 40's who went to Vietnam, it must have felt such a betrayl to find out they went to war over something that never happened.

For us, it has to be the 9/11 - WMD fiasco.

For mankind as a whole, religion and god..more people have died in the name of religion than any other reason.

*More have been killed by atheistic governments than religious wars.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
the biggest lie in my opinion, stems back to the first thing I questioned, and the thing that brought me to questioning so many other things. Its a very simple one, all the science stands against the lie, yet it persists.

The lie is:
"Certain drugs need/ought to be illegal"

From this one lie stem so many others.. the nature of consciousness, freedom, self determination...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Johnson and Johnson "No More Tears" Shampoo.

They totally destroyed my faith in Humanity.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
Religion and I suspect the reason why is control. It was something that was shoved down my throat my entire life and I still find myself fighting the beliefs I was told I was supposed to have. It's fear based control in my opinion.

But the funny thing is that the spiritual teachers who come seem to always be more or less revolutionaries and against the status que and power structure. Organised religion is many times small mindedness and dogma. Wearing their view of god/what is as a garment but not really practicing the message.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

You don't believe in a whole lot, do you? Nothing possesses much meaning for you beyond its strict chemical utility.
edit on 18-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is the truth...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Thats because civil servants never work as hard as private sector - so much less that most departments have to pay consultants and other companys money to do it for them.

this is why they employ so many people directly, out source so much to expensive private sector business and why it costs such a colossal amount at the end of the year.

Private sector people hired by government departments, think they are making some good money but at the end of it all they pay for their own wage with the huge tax bill. all in all everyone in screwed into paying for it the jokes ultimately on the hard working but so is the respect.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
the whole system is a lie

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
u can do anything if u just set your mind to it

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronto
Being Gay is ''Normal ''

How isn't it normal, then?

new topics