It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Lie Ever Told...which is it for you ???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That theres a big guy up there looking down on us.

AT LEAST if you want to validate it with being spiritual thats kool but the true people seeking spirituality dont believe in a god. The religious people are more inclined to believe in myth. But I'm happy for them anyways because at least they are trying to advance their spirituality in that way,

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
yeah for me deffo the god thing,,,,,,if its true then why hasn,t he shown himself for thousands of years according to last time he showed up?is he on a lunch break?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"Nothing to see here...Move along"

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That god was catholic.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Religion and I suspect the reason why is control. It was something that was shoved down my throat my entire life and I still find myself fighting the beliefs I was told I was supposed to have. It's fear based control in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Religion is the hands down winner.

And the media, who have lied and continue to do so since they 1st started.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Police are there to protect and serve, now there is lie IMHO!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
"Nothing to see here...Move along"

Peace

Thats certainly the biggest on ats.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Greatest lie ever told to me? "We don't have a drinking problem, we're fine." Says my two alcoholic parents who verbally abused me, my sister and each other for years. They've also physically abused each other as well due to alcohol consumption. In fact, that's still going on today.

But, of course, they're perfectly fine, right? They don't have a problem at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The greatest lie from mankind has to be religion, definitely. Filled with endless lies about how you're supposed to live your life, what you can and can't do or you'll burn in hell for eternity, etc. It's based on control.

Bring people down by instilling massive amounts of fear into them, and they're easily controllable. That's really all religion is about.
(sorry for the need for an edit; computer auto clicked the post button)
edit on 17/4/2013 by Dondylion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Peak Oil, two thirds of modern medicine, and 75% of the pharmaceuticals

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
For me it's got to be State Budgets.

Compare how much California spends to Microsoft.

It's shocking how little good municipalities do with the money.

Mike Grouchy

I suspect it's intentionally rigged to incite generational conflict.
edit on 17-4-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Nice guys finish last! Well...It's not a lie but it has to go!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The thing I was most baffled by is the idea of "real" adults when you're a child. The sense that adults have it all under control. Then one day you turn 25 and you realize that everyone else is walking around with out the slightest clue as you have been.. lol

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Nuclear energy is safe and clean.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

" god loves me "

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

kinda hard to tell...many of the worst lies have not been uncovered. But if I need to pick one that is known about...it would be legendary Bill Clinton swearing in front of cameras and God...that he DID NOT HAVE sexual relations with that woman.

Not that it's the worst lie ever told...but it's the most telling to me...since we have concrete TV proof...that officials, presidents, senators, will lie if they need to and that we are pretty naive trusting authority. They won't even blink twice before doing it.

And we keep on voting them in...by the truckloads.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You telling me Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy are not REAL

For me, the biggest lie is that smoking kills, yer right. I know people who smoked all there life and still died of old age.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Well, firstly I delineate between lies and potentially unintentional falsehoods. Secondly, I delineate between what I know is untrue, and what I merely suspect may be untrue. And lastly, I am open to the possibility that things I have learned are untrue could in some cases be in error. For me, those are very relevant distinctions.

Having said that, if we're including what may be unintentional falsehoods, and only counting those things I feel I have sufficiently learned are untrue in my own direct experience, and if I were to list only those things which have been the most detrimental to me emotionally and intellectually over the course of my existence thus far, mine would be...

Philosophically: "Everything happens for a good reason," and, "There must be a reason for our existence." (There is the possibility that there is not, however much pondering that unsettles me.)

Globally: "In your lifetime, humanity will live as one world and in peace." (It seems sadly apparent that this is not going to happen. I hold out hope of it happening one day, but I doubt more and more whether it will ever happen.)

Paranormally/extra-terrestrially: "There is proof of alien visitation." (By my standards there is not. There is sufficient evidence that something is happening, but what is unclear.)

Speculatively: "Whenever a series of coincidences becomes sufficiently vast, synchronistic, and compelling, it has to mean something beyond simple coincidence." (I have directly witnessed myriad instances when no matter how interlocking, how compelling, how enormous, and how synchronistic the series of coincidences and "signs," coincidence was all there ever was.)

Interpersonally: "People don't just fall out of love." (No elaboration necessary.)

Medically: "So, that will heal within a few weeks with wound care," and, "There is no sign of a fistula." (I was told this prior to a year of unsuccessful wound care for a very high, very deep, very narrow fistula tract which developed following the drainage of a very large abscess. The CT report read, "indicative of fistula," but no physician ever told us this. After eight surgeries the final result was permanent placement of a seton drain that will be replaced over the course of this family member's life in all likelihood.)

And people wonder why I've become skeptical and can't bring myself to believe in anything other than humanistic compassion.
I couldn't pick just one. They've all impacted me significantly.

Peace.
edit on 4/18/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

It may be an obvious one but I'd say Satan and Hell or any concept of punishment in the afterlife. It serves no purpose other than control. The dogma from any fear-based beliefs are the greatest lies ever told.

The truth:
Please.
Be fearless.
Be in love with the world.
You will not go to a bad place when you pass on to Summerland.
I promise you.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The biggest lie going around at the moment is that phage and oberg dont have sleepovers. Where they while away the wee ours drinking snowballs, listening to hank williams, and brush each others hair.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join