It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Lie Ever Told...which is it for you ???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I can say with out a doubt the most blatant lie I have ever been told was,
"Yes dear, I really do love you! And only you!"

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Some others:

1. A certain politician was born in Hawaii.

2. No planes flew into the twin towers.

3. December 21, 2012

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What i'd like to know from you is - For you what is the greatest, if not the worse lie forced upon or accepted by mankind and why..

Why? Because we'll never learn how to use our wings if we're always using someone else's legs.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
The greatest lie ever told to humanity is that satan doesn't really exist.

What? - Satan doesn't exist, end of. It's a myth that let's people blame someone else for the bad things they and others do.
edit on 17-4-2013 by EA006 because: I was going to delete the whole post because satan appeared and told me too. lmao

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riouz
Just throwing this one in

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

This is the best so far

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That everything would be okay.

When you hear that, things rarely turn out okay.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That every soul is a separated being not connected to a nondualistic whole. Many people still haven't seen thru this lie yet and are imprisoned within their little selfs.

Why be religious when the nondualistic whole do not care anyway since the views are to small minded (simplistic to the point that it becomes a lie)?
edit on 17-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"It's Not You, .. It's Me".

AND

"I'll pull out at the last second, .. I Promise".

edit on 17-4-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Greatest Lie Ever Told...which is it for you ??? (Good thread! Needs more pics!)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Not the worst, but to add to OP's list, "The atomic bombs were dropped on Japan to end the war and save lives"

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Truth lies in society everywhere.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
That world peace for all is obtainable in this world. That is the biggest lie we tell our kids. Instead of the truth. That freedom is obtainable - but you will never have peace in trying to keep it and not allow others to take it/change it.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The biggest lie I was told as a child is that the rude and abusive behavior exhibited towards children was for the purpose of 'discipline.' 99% of the time it wasn't. It was just bullying. I was a child a long time ago. It's gotten better. When I was a kid, the vast majority of adults, whether neighbors, teachers, parents or whatever were very rude

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

the history of mankind
and that we evolved from apes

'ape like' not apes, there is a difference.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Love all the replies.
Santa is a big first one for many children, along with boogeyman, tooth fairies, easter bunnies, and whatnot.
For most people, a common one, may not be the "big" one, is the "Til death do us part" or "I love you--forever" and various lies about pulling out, being on the pill, not being married, not cheating...and the everyday lies of "i'm listening dear...." and "it's for your own good"...

We lie to ourselves that death won't come a knockin'. That cigarettes, crappy food, and getting fat won't kill us.

Then there's all those "government" and "religion" lies that have been mentioned here.

The biggest lie for me is that we are small and powerless.

We've been deceived too about freedom. We think we are free in society, in our lives, but in many ways we are not. So it's a lie we are fed. We're enslaved. But, I think on a grander scale, the enslavement is a lie upon a lie. That we are freer and larger and more powerful than we are aware and believe.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
We've all been lied to.
If you like it or not, and anyonewho says they havn't...is well...not telling the truth.

From as a child a little white to get us to go to sleep (ok, we'll go to the park tommorow..now sleep), to father christmas and the tooth fairy etc etc.

Later on in life we have to swallow lies like -

The magic bullet theory
The Gulf of Tonkin incident
Pearl Harbour
The Bible / Religion
Yes, i'l still love you tommorow
9/11
The cheques in the post etc etc etc

The list is endless and for everyone it's different.

What i'd like to know from you is - For you what is the greatest, if not the worse lie forced upon or accepted by mankind and why..
edit on 17-4-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

"Work hard and you will succeed"

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The greatest lie is god.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
All Religion...

And on a personal note...."Iam not seeing anyone else...It just isn't working"

edit on 17-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
For me it is being told "I didn't mean it/to". It's hateful when people do that to each other to pull the wool over their eyes

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Oh yeah the "This won't hurt a bit" lie. I was a victim of that one at one of my earliest memories. I fell out of bed when I was 3 and hit my front baby tooth. It turned black so my father took me to the dentist to have it removed.

He told me and my father I wouldn't need anesthesia because the tooth was dead. You know "this won't hurt a bit" I trusted him, my father took me out of that office kicking and screaming, and crying that he had lied to me and my tooth certainly wasn't dead.

It's really a wonder I don't have a real terror of dentists with as young as I was at the time.
edit on 17-4-2013 by StarsInDust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join