It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generous, sensitive and politically correct children

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

I thought this was exactly the place to do that...a conspiracy forum.

I'm so sorry for spoiling it for everyone...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Can you just accept this nice gesture of solidarity without trying to poke holes in it? What kind of a sad life are you living?

I'm living a life were people lie, cheat and steal. I'm living a life in the world where kids are abused and used in a variety of different ways daily. I'm living in a world where the internet is used to manipulate people, to feed them false news, to sell ad space.

Where do you live?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wow, it baffles me how people will demonize America for destroying Iraq, but refuse to believe Iraq is anything more than a backwoods, third world country. Do you not see the problem here?

I have been to Iraq. I have interacted with the people. It is not impossible to think that Iraqi children could hear of what happened, feel sympathy, and actually be able to write legible English. They probably had help from their parents. It really isn't a far reach to think that Iraqis care about Americans. They are people too.

However, since this is a forum for discussion on things that may not be as they seem, there very well could be something more to it. I don't see it at the moment though.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

But how is it sinister to commiserate and offer sympathy?

If...and i say if you were to find out...that the person that took the pic set the thing up so he can get a 1000 likes or clicks on youtube...and having in mind that using kids and other cute cuddly stuff in videos, always draws a considerable amount of overwhelmed people to approve...would the sentiment that you speak off than be real ? or would it be a construct to deceive you to make that click...?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I live in a world where the big majority of people simply want to live peaceful lives and where people feel empathy for others.

I also live in a world where surely a lot of bad things happen, that cannot be denied.

But I choose to acknowledge the bad AND the good which we all should be able to observe. And all in all I think we live in a much nicer place now than we did a few decades ago.

And I still think it is sad that you can´t even accept this rather beautiful gesture without seeing an agenda behind it.

That means to me that you choose to see the world through your "conspiracy goggles".

And again. If that means that you see some negative agenda in positive messages, then you are too far gone on the other side. Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Wow, it baffles me how people will demonize America for destroying Iraq, but refuse to believe Iraq is anything more than a backwoods, third world country. Do you not see the problem here?

just to be clear on this...I realize it maybe sounds like i'm against the US, but I'm not demonizing anyone here. I'm simply stating that the pic looks too odd to me. Looks made up. As in, not a real situation, but a photo prop...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Young humans are inherently empathetic and cooperative. Fully and pervasively human. They are taught to compete and be aggressive.

Young Chimps are inherently competitive.

Adults should look to children for philosophical truth. Or you could just feed their minds and bodies garbage in an attempt to validate our own narcissism. Who cares --right?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yes, its all a mysterious plot to say "don't bomb us with drones, we care too". How dare those little kids ask for a chance at life.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

That means to me that you choose to see the world through your "conspiracy goggles".

You may be right on this one...I often wonder about that. Yet, daily I'm reminded of the crookedness of the human nature. It's shortcomings...and it's strengths. In a world where everything revolves around money...truth is far less profitable than deceit. We know this to be fact. We know that profit trumps human rights, and human lives. It is the world we created.

I'm simply trying to stay vigilant. Always questioning. Not accepting just because It's served to me. But trust me...I don't lose sleep over it. Just observing and commenting.

You can, however, choose to see it with your own, innocent eyes. It's up to you.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Let me ask you this though. It is one thing to be sceptic and question authority in general. I do consider that as a good thing.

But when it get´s to the point where your subjective reality differs from the objective one (i. e. your saying that you basically live in an evil and financially motivated world) than this can lead to depression and social isolation in the long run.

And again, I am not saying that we should ignore the bad things that definitely happen. But I do not see the point in focussing on that to the point that you develop maybe even paranoid tendencies.

The point is, do not focus on either side. You focus on the negative as opposed to the "love and shakra" crowd who focuses on the positive only.

The truth is as always in the middle. Stay sceptical and ask the right questions, sure. But don´t forget to accept and see the positive things as well.

And I honestly believe that your way of thinking about this picture is a strong sign that you are NOT thinking rationally anymore. I think your subjective reality is quite a bit worse than an objective observation would suggest.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I think your subjective reality is quite a bit worse than an objective observation would suggest.

Aah...but who does this objective measuring ?

Anyway...I appreciate your thought...but we wondered off topic.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
here is another one. Same motif...

I don't know...something about it looks ridiculous. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's the heart shaped love, or the George Bush look-a-like in the background...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone notice the hand gesture of the kid on the left??

He's doing the you know what signal to his illuminati devil-worshipping friends

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I suspect that kids are used as tools for marketing purposes here...but I don't know by whom...and to what end ?

And if their parents did write it? Maybe it's a message from the whole family...

Or - maybe Iraq plans to even the score by luring us into a false sense of security by tricking us into believing they've somehow managed to hold on to their humanity and the ability to show compassion

Cynicism is a lot like cancer

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

MPT:
Muslim Peacemaker Teams

Letters for Peace

Letters For Peace is an attempt to do what the grown-ups have failed to do—that is, to create an atmosphere of trust, respect and mutual understanding between the young people of America and the young people of Iraq. The purpose is to open channels of communication so that students might open their heart to one another and find that what we have in common is greater than what separates us.

Examples of letters exchanged can be found at their site or here: English - Arabic

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

They look
Ike they are 11-12 and my kid writes nice like that so I'm not thinking conspiracy. It means they took lots of time on their sign and have a teacher or parent who wants to send a message of love and peace. I see honesty in their eyes too. I see the brown skin and country they live in only when brought to my attention simply because of how I am. If we treat even kids with these suspicions that's incredibly sad and it only equals more negative energy into this screwy world. Yes we have mind control in camps but that can't be generalized to all children living in the country! What would be the point of them doing this and what is the harm in seeing it as positive? I choose to see an optimistic light 100%. Would never have occurred to me otherwise.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I think your subjective reality is quite a bit worse than an objective observation would suggest.

Aah...but who does this objective measuring ?

Anyway...I appreciate your thought...but we wondered off topic.

The OBJECTIVE part would suggest that this is not a WHO.

The objective reality would be that crimes and poverty in general are in decline for decades now. Those are facts.

Health care and medicine have improved as well. Pretty much ALL the objective factors are constantly improving, with logical variables here and there of course.

Your subjective impression though is that the world is a hell of a place, simply because you spent most of your time digesting info about how bad it is.

If you only look at conspiracy sites and youtube videos that fit your world view, then of course your reality won´t be objective anymore.

But you´re right, this is off topic.

edit on 18-4-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

edit on 18-4-2013 by Nightaudit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Well done.

Thanks for reminding me why I still come to ATS amidst all the ugliness and insanity that has hung over this place as of late.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Can you just accept this nice gesture of solidarity without trying to poke holes in it? What kind of a sad life are you living?

I'm living a life were people lie, cheat and steal. I'm living a life in the world where kids are abused and used in a variety of different ways daily. I'm living in a world where the internet is used to manipulate people, to feed them false news, to sell ad space.

Where do you live?

This post really got to me last night. I wanted to say that I'm not unsympathetic. I have my moments - those times when it's hard to see any good in the world. The thing of it is - it's there if we look. Sometimes you have to take things at face value - you have to risk being vulnerable, and being wrong
Israel Loves Iran

One evening, as the governments of Israel and Iran renewed their calls to war 41 year old Ronny Edry and his wife Michal Tamir, graphic designers and teachers living in Tel Aviv, uploaded a poster to their Facebook page.

The poster was a photo of Ronny with his daughter holding the Israeli flag. The written message: “Iranians, we will never bomb your country. We love you.”

There are people all over the world working in their own way for peace. It's not naive, it's not goofy, it's not for nothing - sometimes this is our only available, practical choice

I have such a hard time reading anything about Iraq or Afghanistan - even the good stuff. I tend to avoid it

There was no stopping any of it then - now what's done is done. But never really done - will be forever, if ever, before things are right there. There are people there who will never recover - and no doubt they're not loving us, or anyone these days. Nothing left but to try and rebuild - it has to begin somewhere, somehow. Gotta hand it to those Iraqis and also people from where ever outside that stay or enter after and try to make things better

In a sense your OP was right - it is somewhat contrived. But it's not negative - and trying to give those kids a sense of hope about their future, and also trying to show them they have a place in this world, and that they can relate to other people from all over will only help them. Doesn't matter that this world is often ugly - what's the alternative?

We all have to work towards peace and reconciliation together - or abandon each other and give in to despair

Like Hawking posted earlier - kids all over in America do the same thing to show support to other people all over the world during difficult times - and they do it in their classrooms with the help of their teachers. This is a healthy thing - as healthy as it gets right now
edit on 4/18/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Right back atcha Kali

:-)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join