It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I have zero stars, since I’ve never posted before. Therefore, I don’t understand your desire and/or need for stars as of yet. I tend to read the articles on this website for the information included in your various posts. I haven’t even seen the avatars that are commented on regularly. I guess this makes me a “lurker” in current Internet terms.

I don’t plan on saying anything controversial or hateful in my “de-lurking” (as I just learned the acronym a few moments ago). I just wanted to let you know there is more to life than stars and flags, and having an online presence on ATS. Although, at 43 years old, I’m not quite sure what that involves yet (an offline presence), but I’m told it’s there. Lurking, in its Wikipedia definition, just sounds so anti-social, which doesn’t make much sense to me, I prefer actual interpersonal social contact, but I get my news from “social” websites such as this one. Especially considering my friends and family seem to be allergic to actual news.

I started reading about the Boston Bombings when there were 4 pages to read. At my last check, there were 117 pages, and that’s just since I went to bed. I prefer logical, informative views, which I believe this website was created for. And, in addition, I do not believe that 113 pages of information have come to light in the last 8 hours about the Boston Bombing.

I don’t think I will post (or respond) that much, considering my past history of “lurking” on this or other websites, however, it will be nice to have the option of expressing my opinion/experience when my experience is applicable to the topic. Offhand, I’m guessing that most of the topics I respond to will be something I feel some familiarity with, such as dreamtime events. Thank you for time, research, and opinions regarding the various issues I have had the opportunity to read about on this website over the past couple of years.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreamtimeone

well ill be first to say welcome to the club DTO

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreamtimeone

Hi there Dreamtimeone and Welcome to ATS !

It is good being able to give an opinion on things that are close to one's heart once in a while...

Enjoy !!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Don't ever be afraid to chime in on a thread if you have something on your mind. All input is valuable here.
I hope you enjoy being an official member of the best site on the Interwebz.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thank you guys for the first two responses while I was figuring out how to add my own avatar. It's my dad's dog in a pink unicorn outfit...It seemed fitting enough.

I hope to hear more later, It's bedtime around here...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Welcome to the family. I think there are more here who continue to lurk even though they have joined, now and then one comes forward, all dusty and squint eyed with a join date from the long ago days, and shocks everyone by posting.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamtimeone
I have zero stars, since I’ve never posted before. Therefore, I don’t understand your desire and/or need for stars as of yet.

I don't think you'll have to worry about this too much.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Welcome.

All the replies filled pages on the Boston bombing thread are 99.99% biased OPINIONS!!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

Lurking is my favorite ATS pastime, as I read far more than what I comment on. Sometimes it's fun just to read. Othertimes, I have nothing constructive to add, so I go hmmmm, and move on.

Once in a while, I see members thrashing one another, and know better than to join the discussion.

Regardless, enjoy our dysfunctional Lil family as you will.

new topics

top topics

join