It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thatchers Funeral - Evidence of the Great Class Divide.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

As I keep saying to you............

Free speech is vital.

However - there is a time and a place and death dancing is in extreme bad taste - no class.

Stop conflating the issue of free speech with the massive disrespect of celebrating death and dancing on metaphorical graves, before the person is even laid to rest.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I do agree with respecting the dead. All these people celebrating the fact shes dead having parties are just showing the whole world (well the countries watching) how idiotic some of the british people are but it is a free country and if they want to do it then they can even if people don't agree with them.

As a tax payer i dont agree with using tax payers money for a funeral when theres more pressing matters at hand (nhs funding, public services etc.)

Just my opinion

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Erm - she was buried today.

Will you stop banging on about last week's news. Please remember that respect is earned - and in many peoples' eyes she simply never earned their respect (and at least they're not hypocritical).
edit on 17-4-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

There are no graves to dance on in this thread!
There are however people who constantly use "Grave dancers" as a way to put down those with an opposing view!

FANTASTIC OP!
BIG FAT S&F

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by brace22
I would just like to say.a very well done to sir. You are pne of the few people I have seem to comment on her death with dignity an humanity. No abuse, just views and opinions, the way iy should be done!

I am 21 years old and live in Essex which I am sure you know of. I come from a modest family, we have what we have and make do. We are not rich! But I am proud of my family for putting themselves in the possition to not have to struggle and claim beneits. We also realise how extremely lucky we are to be in this possition, and I for one think its am absolute dosgrace that the leaders of our country have let millions of our honest citizens get into such a state, that they cannot feed their families.

I was mot around when Thatcher ruled. But I can and do observe the effects of some things she did. Some i agree with. Some I do not. I am not too big on politics. My stance is that all MPs make promises and then when they get the power they cant keep the promise, so whats the point. Its for this reason I do not moan and protest. I merely observe. Thatcher really did divide the nation I feel. And she did screw up alot of lives. But I do respect her because she had the stones to do it.

This is a great post!!!
your 21 as you say so you don,t really have view of what she really put people through.....you have your family you say?well think of us who didn,t.

my dad had to leave home for 4 years just to be able to provide for his family cause of this woman....we only saw him at weekends when he had to travel hundreds of miles just to come home for 2 days......he died aged 46 so maybe you have to make do with what u got but bet you didn,t lose 4 years of seeing your mother or father.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

- Backhanding of the Youth The youth of this country have been slagged off for having an opinion on thacther and her time in power. "You weren't around when she was running the country, your hate is learned, you've got no morals"

This is pretty much what i was told this morning at work by a man in his fifty's, all except for the morals bit,

i had to stop myself from getting angry and explain that while 'yes that was almost true, i was a small child, it was the decisions her government made that help shaped the Great Britain we know today, and all i can see is people filled with fear of the unknown, unemployment, poverty, people living on the streets, violence getting out of hand, so many desperate people who have no idea why all this stuff is happening

its amazing in an horrific way how well some people have actually been brainwashed into believing her reign was a good thing

i just wish i could help people to see the corruption that is barely even hidden from view so that as a country we can create real change, but i know this will never happen,

we just don't stand a chance at change whilst so many people stay in denial......

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

OP - I actually absolutely LOVE this post!

I wish I could flag you a thousand times!

Churchill had his own demons to contend with - but the sheeple loved him regardless - with Thatcher - unanimous HATE - and well deserved too! aha

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

Erm - she was buried today.

Will you stop banging on about last week's news. Please remember that respect is earned - and in many peoples' eyes she simply never earned their respect (and at least they're not hypocritical).
edit on 17-4-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

In this country decent people respect the dead - particularly before they are buried.
Not 'your' people.
I am glad you are not my neighbour.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Helen she is buried now....do you respect Hitler? he is also dead and everyone speaks ill of him. People earn the right for respect either living or dead.
You fail to understand how much harm she caused people..she ruined many lives including a whole one side of my family which took many years to repair.
We payed for her ruddy state funeral.....her dip# lying son who is banned from many countries for trying to stage a coup (also a convicted loan shark) has 60 million in the bank..he should foot the bill.
If it was a private funeral I would say "leave her be" but we payed for it when many many people did not want our taxes to pay for it.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

How dare you compare Mrs Thatcher to Hitler.
The hate on this thread is palpable.
Sick lies taken as fact .. disgraceful.
It disgusts me that you people who are comparing Mrs Thatcher to Hitler are being so ignorant and foolish.
I have made my points - enjoy your hate fest.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

My point is we do not have to respect the dead If we do not feel they deserve it. Just because she died doesn't mean she has my respect.
Oh and I did not compare her to hitler at all I just used him as an example.... apology accepted in advance.
edit on 17-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Helen you've made an awful lot of posts in all the thatcher threads, why dont you go start a nice "I love maggie" thread, that way you'll be able to talk to the other person who feels like you do.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It disgusts me that you people who are comparing Mrs Thatcher to Hitler are being so ignorant and foolish.
helen you have made your points and i took my time to read through all your posts but how do u know its sick facts taking as lies?did any of your family go through the heart ache this woman caused cause i,m going to bet they didn,t and if they did then feel free to let us know how she destroyed your town or village but your family fought through it and are now better off.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Hmmm ... "Evidence of the Great class Divide"

WELL...........

There's money ... and

Then there's class ...

The two don't necessarily go together!

Money doesn't buy you class

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

No one is comparing Thatcher. The point being made is that it is completely disingenuous to claim that ill is never said of the dead. Heck, but one doesn't have to point to Hitler or Stalin as such an extreme example of this. Look at how the establishment spoke of Hugo Chavez at his death. I don't remember hearing/reading any establishment/MSM folks admonishing people for talking illl of Chavez upon his death.

As usual, conservatives/Tories are trying to misrepresent the argument being made here, claiming that people are comparing Thatcher to Hitler.

But yes, there is clearly dislike, hate and contempt for Thatcher by many. Apparently there is a reason for it.

As an aside, I highly recommend that anyone who wants to learn about Thatcher's legacy should go to YouTube and look for George Galloway videos speaking about Thatcher's death. George Galloway tells it like it is, and lived through Thatcher's reign of economic and class terror.

Galloway does indirectly make an argument for comparing Thatcher to Herman Goering: Thatcher destroyed 1/3 of the Britain's industrial manufacturing base, which is far more than the Luftwaffe destroyed during WWII.
edit on 18-4-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Surely if you are directing someone to a 'George Galloway' rant/site in the interest of

fairness you should also provide an alternative site for comparison??

Well try this one
britainwatch.co.uk... and click onto

Margaret Thatchers Passing

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Right, so 'free speech is vital' unless you say it's not acceptable. You don't see anything wrong with that? Really?
edit on 18-4-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

Surely if you are directing someone to a 'George Galloway' rant/site in the interest of

fairness you should also provide an alternative site for comparison??

Well try this one
britainwatch.co.uk... and click onto

Margaret Thatchers Passing

No, surely I shouldn't have to. I'll leave that to Thatcher apologists/hagiographers such as yourself. But I do encourage all to check out some George Galloway videos as he talks truth to power like no other politician.

Do people also realize that Thatcher and her Tory party never had a majority government? Her party won 44% the first time she came to power as PM, then 42% and 40% respectively the next two times. Her downfall was trying to institute the poll tax, a medieval and regressive tax that is meant to disenfranchise the poor.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I went to the link/article you provided, and did find it interesting. Clearly the author of that article has a certain take (completely positive) on Thatcher's legacy. I'd like to see some other analyses of the British economy and society back then. But the article you cite is worth reading by all interested in the discussion of Thatcher's legacy.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

i'm a thatcher hater, but in the interests of fairness, your majority remark seems irrelevant to me, it's "first past the post" in the uk and the tories did have a majority of MPs under her.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join