It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***Draft Watch***

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
And we do not want to get to that stage where we don't see anything worth fighting for.

That sound like no matter what, you'd want to fight.

BS, this is not a time to sit back and wait for the next attack.

It's widely known that Iraq has become a huge recruiting office for AQ since the invasion. Just do some research. So I'm afraid you are exactly "sitting back".

Let me put this in dumb *ss terms.

I see, you do not profess a very high opinion about my mental capacity. What grace it is, for you to go to the effort to try and speak language suitable for my lowly consumption.

Fight the war in on their land means they do not bring the fight to America.

They scored another 1,100 and counting
which is rather bad news.

If you want to sit around and wait for another attack go to France, they like to give in.

The chances of France being attacked are quite low.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
That sound like no matter what, you'd want to fight.

No, i just know that if we do not take control now they will take control later.

It's widely known that Iraq has become a huge recruiting office for AQ since the invasion. Just do some research. So I'm afraid you are exactly "sitting back".

And we are killing them in record numbers. The US military is doing what it does best.

I see, you do not profess a very high opinion about my mental capacity. What grace it is, for you to go to the effort to try and speak language suitable for my lowly consumption.

Sorry about that, it was not called for. I like your response.

They scored another 1,100 and counting
which is rather bad news.

3,000 lives lost in one hour on Sept 11th. This is why i get so worked up. The only way we are going to stop these terrorist attacks is by attacking the people that plan the attacks.

So, if you don't want to fight, do you think we should sit back and wait?

The chances of France being attacked are quite low.

Maybe your right, maybe America should sit back and let Europe fall to terrorism. I guess that is what it is going to take.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thank you very much for your post which is the first FACT BASED post I have seen regarding this topic. Anyone who's going all nutty packing their bags thinking Bush is going to steal their children would do well to read MM's post. Please.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Kozmo,

I am a Bush supporter and I do not believe there will be a draft. I created this thread to serve as a reminder of the baseless charges pressed against Bush during this Campaign.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
no worries of a draft,however a skerry POTUS would have made it a certainty.an all volunteer military is based on the moral of the troops.a CNC that hates the military would have meant no retention and a return to the draft

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Now that Bush has been elected according to most Kerry Suporters the draft is just right aroun the corner. So this thread will be here to keep everyone aware of the impending draft that is sure to come down from a presidential order any day now.

What if the Democrats reintroduce their bills - does that still count?

If it does then put me down for January 2005.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is an interesting post made by Dgtempe

Again I am going to continue updating this post for 2 years straight and I am willing to bet there will not be a draft intiated during Bush's Administration

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well I'd be willing to bet if there were another terrorist attack we wouldnt need a draft cause people will be lining up in droves to fight.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I just don't see who the hell wants an unwilling army.

With all the equipment and training necessary forgive me if i don't accept John Q. Stoner as a tank driver who'd rather be a vegetable in his room. It's a quick way to bring our military to the toilet.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I just came across this story.

Reinstatement of the draft is imminent, war correspondent and author Christopher Hedges told a crowd of more than 120 students and residents yesterday at Manhattanville College.

"We are losing the war in Iraq very badly, but the Bush administration will not walk away from the debacle without trying to reoccupy huge swaths of the territory they have lost," Hedges said. While working for The New York Times, he covered fighting in Central America, the Balkans and the Middle East, including Iraq during the first Gulf War.

To regain territory lost in Iraq, it will take double or triple the current 140,000 troops, Hedges said during the last lecture in a series called "The Costs of War."

Link To Story

More and more people are starting to say that the draft will become a reality.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Psychoses,

Thank you for the link! It seems the author in the article seems to think the draft will be intiated after a terrorist attack on the US or abroad in the next few weeks. Again we shall see.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
No problem.

It's just getting harder and harder to get a clear picture of whats really going on. Some say everythings fine and others say it's worse than we could imagine.

Given the fact Iraq is now under martial law, Americans should start to come to terms with the fact that the draft is a real possibility.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It's not the evil republicans or the demented democrats that are dreaming up the draft, its the whole government in general. This election proved more than ever that there is only one politicial party in America.

So before people come out and say that "Those evil republicans are trying to give us a draft" remember that some Democrats want it just as bad also. Both parties are rotten to the core.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article about the draft.

Here are the facts: According to the provisions of the Constitution of the United States, the President does not have the authority to reinstate a draft. In order for the government to reinstate a draft, a specific law must be approved by Congress to authorize it. The two bills that the poster and the article speak of are Senate Bill 89, introduced by Senator Ernest F. Hollings (D-SC), and House Resolution 163, introduced by Representative Charles B. Rangel (D-NY). Keep in mind that both bills were introduced by two Democrats, not Republicans. Both bills would require every male and female between the ages of 18 and 26 to serve two years of military service (or community service for those who are medically unqualified). According to the Selective Service, 22 million would be required to serve. Keep in mind that these bills do not just require a portion of them to be drafted, they require everyone to serve.

With all due respect to the good senator and representative, they're full of it, and they know it. There is absolutely no way this country could afford a military with 22 million people serving. There has never been a war in which 22 million American servicemen are ever required. The Chinese Red Army, largest army in the world, doesn't even have 22 million. Rangel and Hollings introduced the legislation to make a political point which is they oppose the war in Iraq and by introducing such draft bills this stirs opposition to the war especially to the young voters. Congress immediately stuck them "in committee" to die and the bills has not been actively sought after ever since. That's what Congress usually does to bills which have no chance to pass.

www.irvinereview.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Here is an interesting article about the draft.

Here are the facts: According to the provisions of the Constitution of the United States, the President does not have the authority to reinstate a draft. In order for the government to reinstate a draft, a specific law must be approved by Congress to authorize it.
www.irvinereview.org...

You are completely correct Bush doesn't have the authority to bring back the draft, he said he won't bring back the draft, but he didn't say anything about congress bringing back the draft. There is always a loop hole, you just need to find it. Now if congress brings back the draft, if Bush really wants to keep his word to the American people, he will veto the bill. However, I don't think any president has the right to say that they won't bring back the draft, you can't predict the future, in two years we might need one.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Again - it is not necessary to have a draft to have a draft. Here's how it works - the president declares a state of National Emergency. Then, the Select Service can conscript into the SS, which is not a military draft. HOWEVER, anyone in the SS can be drafted into the military.

Nifty, huh.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
New Information now coming out stating that in a memo dated October 28. The memo asked the Selective Service to verify that all men aged 18 to 25 had registered for SSS.

The Selective Service System (SSS) and the U.S. Department of Education now are gearing up to compare their computer records, to make sure all men between the ages of 18 and 25 who are required to register for a military draft have done so.

The SSS and the education department will begin comparing their lists on Jan. 1, 2005, according to a memo authored by Jack Martin, acting Selective Service director.

While similar record checks have been done periodically for the past 10 years, Martin�s memo is dated Oct. 28, just a few days before the Nov. 2 presidential election, a hard-fought campaign in which the question of whether the nation might need to reinstate a military draft was raised in debates and on the stump.

It took several more days, until Nov. 4, for the document to reach the Federal Register, the official daily publication for rules and notices of federal agencies and organizations.

The memo was also produced after the U.S. House voted 402-2 on Oct. 5, against House Resolution 163, a bill that would have required all young people, including women, to serve two years of military service.

Under federal law, a military draft cannot be started without congressional support.

About 94 percent of all men are properly registered for a draft, according to Richard Flahavan, associate director of the office of public and intergovernmental affairs for SSS

www.brownsvilleherald.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Remember - the SSS is NOT the Military and conscription into the SSS is NOT a military draft. ...People will only be drafted into the SSS if there is a national emergency (without any Congressional process) - but once they're there, they CAN be transferred to the military and can't complain about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just thought I would bring this topic back up and see if anyone has any new information concerning the coming military draft?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm really getting sick of all this liberal fear mongering. To me, its no different than when you guys go into nursing homes and tell the elderly that the Republicans are going to take away their social security benefits. You guys can't win in the voting booths or in the realm of ideas, so you have to resort to scare tactics. It's really pathetic but even more surprising that it actually works. Even after decades of you guys scaring our most vulnerable and none of it actually coming true, it's a wonder that anyone still believes the nonsense you left-wing radicals spew!

Anyone who says there is an impending draft is either guessing or flat-out lying. Either way, they are wrong. Don't believe the hype! Unless we are attacked by another country there is no need for a draft, regardless of a decrease in military recruiting. Don't believe the propaganda from the tulip walkers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join