It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can fate conspire against you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I had a feeling that you did something similar.
Only thing to do is to at least be the winner in that fantasy world.

Let's take a different approach. Think of life as a constant warfare. Nothing comes easy unless you fight and shed blood. You are a commander of an army and you constantly fight. In " The Art of War" says that if the fights last too long the soldiers get tired. Don't let your self and your soldiers get tired. Give them a break and look back to see what you have achieved so far. Think of the battles you have won. That will raise your spirit and will give you the strength to fight more.

I know that it's kind of a childish approach, but sometimes it helps to give your problems a shape. If you think that they are unbeatable and invisible enemies then you will never catch a break. If your think that they are an enemy that you can fight and win, then everything becomes easier.

I'm not exactly depressed. I don't see the wisdom in being depressed or catastrophic. I'm just tired of losing. I'm tired of looking at the shadow of the man I used to be; and the person I could be.

Depression comes in many shapes. People that know me in real life, could never believe that sometimes i get depressed. They only think that i'm not in a good mood, by the songs i play( i play music in a bar). Even myself don't recognise the signs sometimes.
Most of the people think that they could be more or lead a different life. I don't know what kind of person you would rather be(and in a parallel universe you probably are that person). Go back and think of the moment that you took that could make you that person and instead of following path A you followed the path that brought here. If possible recreate the conditions and make a different choice this time. If that is not possible next time you find yourself in a turning point, when you make the decision on how to act, do the exact opposite.

I really do feel like some unseen force has conspired against me at every turn where I tried to improve my outlook and my life.

I have felt like that a thousand times in my life. It seems that every time that something good is about to happen an invisible hand turns a switch and everything goes to hell. You know what i do? I take the beat and then i try to make the best of it. I see no use in giving to the pleasure to whatever that force is, of claiming victory. One of my favorite authors once said that :" when you want something, the universe conspires for you to get it is the biggest lie of all times. The truth is that when you want something very much the universe will make the best possible effort to block you from getting it. The more obstacles you find on your path, the more you know that you are on the right track."

And to play the astrology card you are an Aries (like me), you are under the influence of the god of war, Ares. You are a warrior my friend. Fight!!!!!

I'm in a "war mood" today and i don't know if i make much sense to you(or anyone else).I wish i could help you more, than a few silly advices.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheMan
Because in the OP you mentioned a poker reference, I will reply in the same fashion.

"Can you lose every hand you're dealt?"

Yes, you can - certainly. You can be dealt a winning hand and still lose depending on how you play it. You may fold when you should have ran with it, or you could slow play it and then someone's losing hand will catch up and beat yours down. Similarly, you can be dealt a losing hand, and make everyone fold better hands and win.

In poker, this "luck factor" has a name.. we call it "variance."

I really liked this poker analogy...it's funny because before I read your post I was thinking about responding with a similar thought...being a poker player myself.
I find there's alot of areas in life that are similiar to a poker tournament......

I find the "end game" to be the most difficult...lol...let's see if I can explain this right......I consistently make the top 10%...often the final table...but I am the classic "bubble girl"...which for those of you who don't play, means to lose just short of winning the cash...ironically the most cash I ever won, I was drunk and played more aggressively then I normally would have, so what does that mean?

The quality about myself that allows me to go far, is also the same quality that prevents me from winning
BUT...although I may not have won, did I lose ? I love the game, have fun, enjoy the company of my poker friends...I'll even stay and watch if another friend is winning and sincerly am happy when they win, as I believe they are for me when I win.....lol...if anyone knows what I'm trying to say please help me out.....

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I understand and feel the same frustrations that you seem to. In my family, there is a general belief that bad things come in cycles, like good things. For a time everything goes bad and then for a time things turn around. In my life, I have experienced both, but like you I'm sure, I've felt it to be very much a struggle to accomplish anything that I want (or even just basics which anyone would agree that I deserve.)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

Let's take a different approach. Think of life as a constant warfare. Nothing comes easy unless you fight and shed blood. You are a commander of an army and you constantly fight. In " The Art of War" says that if the fights last too long the soldiers get tired. Don't let your self and your soldiers get tired. Give them a break and look back to see what you have achieved so far. Think of the battles you have won. That will raise your spirit and will give you the strength to fight more.

I found this very inspiring. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and wisdom from your experience. What you say here feels very right to me and makes perfect sense for me. Likewise, I'm often viewed as a positive person (who's "always smiling") and yet I have struggled through periods of depression. There is a positive energy which sometimes comes to me and that sometimes needs to be summoned to me, but when it comes it helps (that and having some really good friends whom I've met in recent years.)

I hope things are going well for you. You seem to be the warrior spirit type like myself and others I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join